Anybody else go horse riding?

Commander

My Mrs got me in to it about 18months ago, 'something we can do together', and I must admit I quite enjoy it these days. Might only be 1BHP, and you cant even mod them, but when they really get going I think it may be even more fun than driving through the alps... I can understand what motorbikers(?) mean when they talk about te freedom of it.

Aaanyway, got my first cross-country competition tomorrow (pairs) so if you don't hear from me again, I cocked it up and I'm in hospital! lol

Anyway, just though I'd share, what does everybody else do when they're not looking at, driving, fixing or dreaming about their Zed?

I did when I was a kid, like 11 or 12. I stopped when the horse behind mine bit my one's arse, which sent mine off into a mad gallop and threw me. Well, I say threw, I kinda fell off as he started running and I got my legs tangled, so I was dragged along by one leg in the stirrups for a bit before I eventually fell off completely.

Oddly enough I wasn't so keen to go back after that.

I did when I was a kid, like 11 or 12. I stopped when the horse behind mine bit my one's arse, which sent mine off into a mad gallop and threw me. Well, I say threw, I kinda fell off as he started running and I got my legs tangled, so I was dragged along by one leg in the stirrups for a bit before I eventually fell off completely.

Oddly enough I wasn't so keen to go back after that.

You would get paid for doing that in some parts of the US of A :lol:

My Mrs got me in to it about 18months ago, 'something we can do together', and I must admit I quite enjoy it these days. Might only be 1BHP, and you cant even mod them, but when they really get going I think it may be even more fun than driving through the alps... I can understand what motorbikers(?) mean when they talk about te freedom of it.

Aaanyway, got my first cross-country competition tomorrow (pairs) so if you don't hear from me again, I cocked it up and I'm in hospital! lol

Anyway, just though I'd share, what does everybody else do when they're not looking at, driving, fixing or dreaming about their Zed?

Yup - I am tossing up between next sports car or a horse - I had horses when I was younger and really miss it. Have fun on your X coutry - and if you come off just make sure its in the water :lol:

I`ve enjoyed doing it a few times on holiday where you could gallop along the beach or trek through the wilderness but don`t see the fun in riding them along the side of the roads in this country - hoping they don't get spooked by some loud exhaust on a 350.