Good evenin

zxrob

Hi all

Looking to get me a 350z, midlife crisis maybe, yep

Love my motorbikes, especially kawasaki's, have a zxr750r, zx7r and a h***a sp1

Haven't had a sports car for years, infact I think the last was a 2.8l capri :p

I'm a bit old but who cares, need to get me a Z before I'm too old to get in one

I see there are a lot of Jap imports available (and cheaper), whats the pros and cons with them against a genuine uk model

Cheers Rob

Hi rob and welcome to the forum,

I may selli my uk 2005 350z , it's a good car and I love it .it has just been fully p3 serviced and had new discs, pads and drives well, it is a cat d which had a rear end but repaired now, would sell it for a good low price.

Good luck looking for a car.

:welcome: . About the right time to go for a Zed, now the mornings are getting colder, I got rid of my H***a as I was sick to death of diesel on the roads along with a lot of myopic car drivers. As Dblock says, the imports are usually cheaper and don't have such a high spec and if you intended to (against everyone's advice on this site) take to a main dealer for work or a service they'd show you the door. Check out a UK car as well as a JDM and you'll really notice the difference. No disrespect to import owners, just pointing out some differences.

Thanks for the welcome guys

I'm gonna hopefully looking at a few the weekend

One is a 2003 uk model with a GT pack, what exactly does that consist of

Also, is there anything on these cars that I really should be looking for

Thanks for you help

Cheers Rob

Gt spec has : brembos, ray alloys, cruise control, bose sound system, heated leather seats, bluetooth (I think its gt only), but if you suck at parking like me, look out for some with parking sensors.

Could be other stuff that ive forgot

As for things to look out for: make sure windoe motors work properly and are aligned (if window is up and u spray water at corners, it shouldnt leak into car like mine did.)

Clutch is prone to go at 60k miles

Check any mods that have been done as cheap mods destroy the car, I.e. ripspeed air intake can stall the car if you slow too fast like mine did.

When test driving, listen to any knocks or bumps that dont sound normal (the car squeeks all the time with the amount of plastic in it so dont worry about that)

Clicky axel when slowly driving forward or back, quick fix but just so you know what the noise is.

Edited by ddcboyle