Just gone on ebay full Turbo Kit

Easty

reckon turbo is the way to go? or is supercharged more viable.... couple of months im tempted to treat the zed to abit of forced induction.... i want the supercharge whine, but if turbo is more reliable then maybe i could be pursuaded....

Easty, you fancy doing a build thread on this? I'd like to see what happens! :D

reckon turbo is the way to go? or is supercharged more viable.... couple of months im tempted to treat the zed to abit of forced induction.... i want the supercharge whine, but if turbo is more reliable then maybe i could be pursuaded....

Easty, you fancy doing a build thread on this? I'd like to see what happens! :D

Supercharger will only whine if you get the stillen kit = not much hp. I advise people not to jump head first into fi. But might b worth a gamble (havnt looked at the link yet).

Regardless of the crappy chinese turbo could the kit for example be used & then the turbo replaced with a garrett down the line for example ?

Also what managment would you guys recomend ?

The kit doesn't look great if I'm honest.. Looks mickey mouse..

Unbranded turbo capable of 450bhp+, a tiny intercooler, 660cc injectors and doesn't include uprated fuel pump? Looks like its using standard headers as well which will be very restrictive and also standard plenum will be restrictive without modification such as spacer for better air flow..

To be honest I think your be spending a lot more money on missing parts and replacing as well..

Regardless of the crappy chinese turbo could the kit for example be used & then the turbo replaced with a garrett down the line for example ?

Replace turbo, then you get it mapped again...

Then what happens when the manifolds crack after 6 months?

You already have paid for a vortech v3 kit by this point...

Use your head, it will cost you a couple of grand to get it and working. Then when it breaks or blows your engine up you're at a major loss!

Replace turbo, then you get it mapped again...

Then what happens when the manifolds crack after 6 months?

You already have paid for a vortech v3 kit by this point...

Use your head, it will cost you a couple of grand to get it and working. Then when it breaks or blows your engine up you're at a major loss!

Fair enough appreciate your guys input I squeezed him down on the price so was just hoping to get a bargain as does everyone but I suppose after managment & set up its not going to be cheap

I'm an engineer at Holset.

Take this piece of advice from a turbo engineer. Cheap Chinese turbos don't perform anywhere near as well as genuine branded ones, they are made of cheap materials that are riddled with defects and stress raisers, they are nowhere near as durable and when they let go! My god the damage they do!!

Think about it this way - turbos of this size run at up to 180,000 rpm- 3000 revs per second! That's a lot of energy and inertia. The blades are travelling at about 700 miles an hour about the same speed a a bullet. Would you take a M16 to your engine bay?

When the turbo lets go the blade fragments have to go somewhere and on cheap turbos the housings shatter. Branded ones contain the wheel burst. The blades destroy anything in their paths, there are plenty of oil lines, fuel lines, brake lines, other expensive pieces of engine that can be damaged as well as lots of flammable fluids.

It's really not worth the risks associated with a cheap turbo. They are cheap for lots of reasons.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

How much would it cost to get a 350z Turboed or supercharged then?

Well abouts lol

That is such a piece of string question - Somewhere between £4k and £15k

Lol let me have a crack at the question again, How much roughly for a reliable fi kit with standard internals and only pushing 350bhp or 300whp? Not looking for massive power gains just a little boost with reliability just to liven things up abit. ;)