New member from Dumbarton

Hi everybody,

My name is David and I have recently purchased a 03 orange zed which I think has the GT pack. I am 27 years old and work abroad on rotation so I get back to sunny Scotland (Dumbarton) every couple of months to drive my 350. Recently traveled through Europe in the car with the gf and the zed was amazing, managed a couple of speed runs on the autobahn up to 155mph but I cant say I was too comfortable at these speeds! Was actually surprised when the missus only said "i think you should slow down" when I was at 154 haha.

I intended on leaving the car completely stock but..... after reading through this forum I have purchased 30/25mm wheel spacers and a y back cobra exhaust both from CS but still to actually fit on the car.

I intended to go to TDI north at when I am home next and get the uprev and plenum etc done but I may hold off a little. I also want new wheels, a short shifter and lower springs as well. With regards to the springs I though it would be a case of getting eibach springs and having them fitted although from reading some threads they say some other parts may need replaced if the wheels fail to line up after fitting? Has anybody fitted the eibach springs with no issues?

If anyone is looking to offload a set of 2nd hand 19" alloys with tyres between 500 - 700 quid I would be interested (I know this maybe not likely in this price range).

Anyway I have been reading the forum a while and thought it was time for an introduction.

Cheers

Steely

post-19038-0-44182900-1376910781_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum mate. I drive through sunny dunny all the time as I do a fair bit of work down at the Base at Coulport. Its a slippery slope, once you start modifying you wont be able to stop lol.... trust me.

The tc is very sensitive. What you have effectively done when widening track is shorten the distance the inner wheel travels on a turn and increase the distance the outer wheel will have to travel. This results in the inner wheel moving slower than the system is used to and the outer wheel moving faster which can make the ecu think the wheels are slipping. Some people have no issues but others do.

Most people run 20/25 or 25/25.

Spacers severely effect the feel and handling of the car from experiences on here. Its nothing something I would run personally.

Whoops think it actually was 20/25 I bought.

Wonder if you have had this, when i was driving through Switzerland there were a few fast sweeping bends (around 130/140kph) and i had a weird feeling with the car. Like it suddenly had a lot more grip but in chunks. I thought i was going over the lane markings and they had more grip or something then it happened again on a different road surface with no markings so i thought maybe it was the tc kicking in so turned it off and it happened again. Certainly didn't feel to me like i had slid and found traction again either. Any ideas?