The Shark Build

Stutopia

How do you find the Cobra compares with the Scorpion with the Berks?

Is it deeper?

Do you still get that change of sound at around 3500 - 4k revs where the rasp shows up?

How do you find the Cobra compares with the Scorpion with the Berks?

Is it deeper?

Do you still get that change of sound at around 3500 - 4k revs where the rasp shows up?

It's only been on for 50 miles or so, so it's early doors. It's louder all across the range, I notice it sat a traffic lights at idle now, but didn't before. However, it's a good louder. It is definitely deeper, but with some rasp (which I put down to the cats), it seems to pick up volume right the way through, can't say I noticed anything at 3.5 to 4k but I'll keep an ear out next time.

Interesting, with the Scorpion its around those revs where the sound changes.

I do want some more bass but don't want any drone on the motorways. Let me know how the sound changes as it cokes up a bit. :thumbs:

I've been wanting to do this for ages but was scared by the thought of taking an airbag to the face :scare: however, I was Inspired by Granville's hoovering, I set about taking the seats out, mainly to clean under them, but also to clean the sides of the seat which are up against the tunnel and the tunnel itself.

Whilst it's important to leave your doors open when the battery is disconnected, it's even more important to save your levels and crossover settings!!

IMG_5518_zpseyitxuum.jpg

All the guides said it was just a matter of four bolts, but it's the dam cable ties under the seat that they don't tell you about that are actually the PITA.

IMG_5524_zpscj38tbpe.jpg

After some swearing and delicate use of a scalpel, 10 years of muck revealed

IMG_5526_zps61ckuhph.jpg

NowI can sleep at night now, knowing there's nothing untoward lurking down there! Certainly none of the horror stories to hear about chicken nuggets like in ilogikal1's Zed :stir:

IMG_5530_zpsjhbjafta.jpg

IMG_5527_zpslcujxtx1.jpg

Actually really pleased with the ease of cleaning and results on the carpet. The seats wee a doddle too, much easier to clean on the deck and managed to really shift some filth off the lower parts you just can't reach in the car. Forgot the pics though :doh:. Nothing fancy used on them, just a foam applicator and some Auto Glym Leather Cleaner - didn't do a balm/feed stage.

Lessons Learned Today

1. Get the power seats in the right position before disconnecting the battery.

2. Take the headrest off before trying to lift the seat out.

3. The seats are heavy, if you want to save Zed weight get rid of them and replace with something in marble.

4. Don't hoover first, then stand in the car to clean the interior trim :rant:

5. Take a photo of your subwoofer setting as well as the others... :lol:

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 2

Lessons Learned Today

1. Get the power seats in the right position before disconnecting the battery.

2. Take the headrest off before trying to lift the seat out.

3. The seats are heavy, if you want to save Zed weight get rid of them and replace with something in marble.

4. Don't hoover first, then stand in the car to clean the interior trim :rant:

5. Take a photo of your subwoofer setting as well as the others... :lol:

:lol:

Nice air freshener, by the way. ;) Did you find that those Hubikote ones didn't last very long though? Apparently they were a bit hit and miss.

Certainly none of the horror stories to hear about chicken nuggets like in ilogikal1's Zed :stir:

I'll have you know I'm saving those for later! And at least my seat switches are in the right places. :bleh:

TBH I find that once they've been out the packet for a few days, they all seem to go a bit weak. I generously drenched the under seat area with Hubri Fresh whilst it was out, which is probably my favourite air freshener. Though the Nanolex one in the WB branded box is currently doing a tremendous job battling some fairly noxious smells in my bathroom :surrender:

Hubikote have been sending out some spray fresheners to "recharge" those short lived card ones from Waxybox, so try spraying some onto the card if/when it's dead. ;)

I found my Hubikote one lasted about 2/3 days, in comparison the Nanolex one that replaced it the day the Waxybox arrived is still going strong at the moment.

Okay, that's enough of this terribly exciting air-freshener talk for now. :lol:

The seats :scare: wee :scare: a doddle too, much easier to clean on the deck and managed to really shift some filth off the lower parts you just can't reach in the car. Forgot the pics though :doh:. Nothing fancy used on them, just a foam applicator and some Auto Glym Leather Cleaner - didn't do a balm/feed stage.

Lessons Learned Today

TBH I find that once they've been out the packet for a few days, they all seem to go a bit weak. I generously drenched the under seat area with Hubri Fresh whilst it was out, which is probably my favourite air freshener. Though the Nanolex one in the WB branded box is currently doing a tremendous job battling some fairly noxious smells in my bathroom :surrender:

Of course, the thing to do is not wee in your seat Stu :lol:

I'll get me coat..

• Like 2

Been a good few days for The Shark, she's been spoilt rotten :cloud9: Regular readers may remember this unwanted mod from one of the unwashed masses who can't write notes.

IMG_5431_zps87c6a488.jpg

Which now looks like this below, so good in fact I couldn't even take a photo of the correct spot on the wing :lol:

IMG_5547_zpsvsugbkwd.jpg

The repair is spot on and I am well pleased :yahoo: The bodyshop also think they can tee me up with a good PDR guy who can sort out some small door dings and maybe even one on the rear wheel arch.

These arrived from Ewen @ Clark Motorsport yesterday. I am super excited to get the discs on and finally be rid of the corroded blight of the current discs, oh and be able to stop better etc etc. ;)

IMG_5541_zpsiywzcncn.jpg

To top it off, this lot arrived too and should see me right for another year and there's even some new products to try. If only I knew someone who could test some samples...

IMG_5550_zpskimkdrpw.jpg

Last but not least, I upgraded the crappy envelope which has all my Zed related bills in it to a fabulous shiny folder, complete with cover lifted out of this year's calendar :)

IMG_5552_zpsroxz7tfz.jpg

All in all a not inexpensive week, but well worth it.

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

Test samples, you say? :snack:

That wing repair looks spot on. :thumbs: As does the new brake set up. One question; how did the Haribo last long enough to make it into the photo? :lol:

Thanks! The repair is great, the colour match and blending are superb. I can't fault any of the work done by St Anne's Bodywork Centre and the prices are spot on too.

I wasn't able to eat the haribo immediately as I was about to pass out from lugging the discs. I now clearly understand why people want to reduce unsprung weight :lol:

As for the samples. If you're doing a sealant test, I'd be intrigued to see how the Skin Defense and Hyrdate would do in one of your "science" based trials. I can't promise you much more than a few panels worth though, my AMEX is still reeling from the shipment The rest of the products aren't really test material, beings soaps and cleaners rather than proection.

• 1 month later...

Having been away for a while the brakes and pads have been sitting around waiting to go on :( Finally got myself over to Grinspeed (top service, as usual) for the fitting today. Also did a banana bar too which has so far cured the nasty knock that developed :yahoo:

Thanks to Ewen @ Clark Motorsport for the DBA T2 brakes, Ferodo DS2500 pads and OEM banana :thumbs:

IMG_6087.jpg_zpsohjb44da.png

Not only keeps the brakes in good shape, also cures the horrible white "hats" which corrode for fun. So they also make everything look a lot nicer too :teeth:

IMG_6089_zpsconriktb.jpg

She's had a couple of quid out of me of late, hopefully get back to mods and get a rest from maintenance :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

No mods for a while but I do have a whole host in transit, just waiting to get them on and some paint on the lip after Bushgate. So in the meantime, I gave her some love. Finished off some Meg's Gold Class that's been taking up shelf space, a deep wheel wash with Envy's excellent Evolution, a towelling off with AMMO Hydrate (which is just FAB-U-LOUS!), then something I really dislike doing, a coat of wax - specifically, Auto Finesse Desire. Matt made me buy this in an Amazon sale and I've only used it a couple of times because...

I dislike waxing due it being two hundred times easier to quick detail or spray wax. Also 99% of the time the conditions are wrong for outdoor application. Either it rains at least three times when you're trying to apply it or, like today, it's red hot and it's cured before you can even say swipe test :rant: . Then you spend 10 minutes trying to get the damn stuff off and find wax dust everywhere. HOWEVER, I must say, after all the faff, I was rather pleased with the results, so pleased I took her for a little drive and some pics :teeth:

A little trip down to the pleasure beach to check out the Hollywood Mums.

IMG_3634_zpst2vwt5do.jpg

On to sunny St Annes.

IMG_3664_zpslb3lgryp.jpg

IMG_3655_zpskn4oqake.jpg

And a couple of mandatory close ups.

IMG_3657_zpskip5xkaq.jpg

IMG_3661_zpsdwteexqf.jpg

The stupid gulls tried to ruin the whole thing buy leaving a gift (right whilst I was stood there the cheeky bastards) but the joke was on them, as I'd only waxed the driver's side at this point, HAHA stupid birds, who's winning now?

IMG_6191_zpsf3nrgy1a.jpg

After all that, a well earned reward for all my hard work, Jaffa Cake cake. NOM NOM.

IMG_6190_zps67ya1gaa.jpg

Matt made me buy this in an Amazon sale and I've only used it a couple of times because...

I dislike waxing due it being two hundred times easier to quick detail or spray wax. Also 99% of the time the conditions are wrong for outdoor application. Either it rains at least three times when you're trying to apply it or, like today, it's red hot and it's cured before you can even say swipe test :rant: . Then you spend 10 minutes trying to get the damn stuff off and find wax dust everywhere.

Told you, you'd like it... :stir:

:teeth:

Matt made me buy this in an Amazon sale and I've only used it a couple of times because...

I dislike waxing due it being two hundred times easier to quick detail or spray wax. Also 99% of the time the conditions are wrong for outdoor application. Either it rains at least three times when you're trying to apply it or, like today, it's red hot and it's cured before you can even say swipe test :rant: . Then you spend 10 minutes trying to get the damn stuff off and find wax dust everywhere.

Told you, you'd like it... :stir:

:teeth:

TBF, I do like the way it goes on and the end result, I just wish I could get an indoor space to apply and remove it.

• 1 month later...

I normally wait to put mods on The Shark before I post pics, but i was so excited about this lot that I just had to post 'em up box fresh. Big thanks to Ricey @ Revolve for doing the honours :thumbs:

First up were some carbon dipped kick plates, fancied a change from my ally ones.

IMG_3676_zps3xsjei4t.jpg

IMG_3692_zpsxbpayrpl.jpg

Love the shiny carbony goodness :teeth:

But my favourite (and possibly controversial) piece is the engine cover in Skater Girl :cloud9:

IMG_3691_zpsgfe8vo4a.jpg

IMG_3679_zpsptk6mje0.jpg

IMG_3686_zpspcdmntzj.jpg

Well pleased with the work and no sign of a bill yet either, so even better :teeth:

Popper her in when the amazonian downpours held off for a while.

IMG_6287_zpsfnq8qgmv.jpg

Just a few more jobs to do in the bay she's all done, shiny plenum and sort our the fail on the PAS tank and also the washer lid needs a splash of colour.

IMG_6285_zpsveuugyjx.jpg

• Like 1