The Shark Build

Stutopia

Just a teeny update, progress has been slow this last few months waiting for my :ninja: project to get going.

Whilst I always liked the look of the red slam panel (and stickers :teeth: ) it's always made the bonnet sit a little high, just a few mill, but enough for my eye. So I've been on the look out for a new one for a while. Not that easy to find at okay money, particualry as I prefer the ones which go full from end to end, not just the mid section.

IMG_4225_zpsd46ce864.jpg

Took a chance on this one off fleabay, direct from Hong Kong. When I offered it up, it looked to be even higher than the previous :scare: but the recesses are just right and the bonnet now sits perfectly :yahoo:

IMG_4226_zpsf3bd60eb.jpg

Very pleased with the quality too, weave looks fine, but I must admit I'm not really a carbon junkie, so defect free is fine for me.

IMG_4234_zps68e291a1.jpg

I also had some carbon vinyl from a previous fail lying around, so took an old waxy box and made a funky emergency detailing and bird **** kit for the boot. Over 10 minutes work this bad boy, can't you tell :lol:

IMG_4199_zpsad82480f.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hows the exhaust now its been on for a while, still sounding good?

I have HFC's coming soon to be mated with a new Y pipe and my currently fitted Scorpion pipe/box.

The exhaust sounds great, though I'm thinking of a change, but more for change's sake than any need - you know how it is with Zeditis :teeth: I've got a rattle at the minute, but getting that sorted on Thu :yahoo:

I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Sweet, to be honest I'm still thinking of a change to a cobra resonated or invidia...or ark grip. You're right, it never ends.

I had a rattle and it was the heatshield to the right of the back box if you're looking from the rear. Just bent it back a bit and rattle sorted!

Due to an unplanned modification to my spat, via an unfriendly gate post, I thought I'd turn my hand to painting. It needs a proper respray so I figured I had something to practice on before I have a go at some of the larger stone chips.

IMG_4353_zps103ba525.jpg

IMG_4355_zps94512b36.jpg

The two foot inspection just about passed ;)

IMG_4370_zps52744a00.jpg

Then just a little snap from the work car park because she looked so nice nestled in there..

IMG_4336_zps447a796e.jpg

I know it's a well trodden path but I was so pleased with this I had to post some pics :teeth:

Gloss black roof and one step below limo rear windows tint. Should hopefully stop bird @*!# eating the lacquer and hide the slight colour mismatch of my roof ;)

IMG_1408_zps6c098b5e.jpg

IMG_1427_zps505b95da.jpg

IMG_1424_zps24d87758.jpg

Sadly I don't really have anywhere handy where I can get a decent shot from above :(

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Continuing my de-redding and carboning-up of some parts of the engine bay, samco intake went and in came evo-r intake tube.

Before:

IMG_4387_zps608f2fc7.jpg

After:

IMG_4392_zps1e1aed38.jpg

That's the last of the carbon and also probably changes in the engine bay, unless a nice catch can comes along...

Some cheeky mid-week-mod-action tonight.

First off, the rather dapper Asad vent trims. They break up the acres of plastic nicely and I think they look sweet as..

IMG_1480_zps11e81b58.jpg

IMG_1488_zpsec0a9bfe.jpg

Probably the longest mod ever, ordered this many moons ago in a shopping spree Stateside - finally back in stock :yahoo:

IMG_1475_zps00124541.jpg

IMG_1468_zpse0887a64.jpg

Excuse the state of my footwell, it looks worse on camera.

A very pleasing 15 minutes modding :teeth:

• 2 months later...