The Shark Build

Stutopia

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of little jobs today. The Z from my strut brace was damaged during the paint job, so I had to rattle can up and give her a coat - RED!

IMG_2995_zpse527156a.jpg

You know things are getting seriously Zeditis, when you mod an existing mod. Gonna trial a new knob for a while, see if it's as satisfying in the palm as my previous one. Red gaiter was looking tired, gone back to black this time.

IMG_3002_zps511a3c1c.jpg

In other news, sailed through MOT with no adv. and added some Ferodo DS2500s which are feeling very nice so far. Pesky EML back on, trying some spacers for the o2 sensors in a bid to cure.

Edited by SuperStu

• 2 weeks later...
Desent ������

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where does it lead to :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...

Deeper into Zeditis.

Thanks for the +ve comments gang :thumbs:

Anyone doing a GB on ARB kits? I think that might be my last stop on the Zeditis road to recovery, before I'm cured. Well that and my other idea :ninja:

image_zpsc1d00215.jpg

Edited by SuperStu

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little job today. Got bored of my black burgers and replaced them.

Few minutes with a hairdryer left me with this lot - PITA

IMG_3099_zps2551ecb0.jpg

But 15 mins elbow grease later.

IMG_3100_zps88093384.jpg

Front was less messy, but I had to mod the little nipples with ryobi.

IMG_3101_zps99b0cafe.jpg

Finished job.

IMG_3111_zpsd5a4f24d.jpg

Very pleased I made the switch, works better than the black badges I think.

I've got some centre caps I've painted as the ones from my refurb don't quite match the wheel. Is there an ingenious way to get them out which doesn't involve either damage to cap/wheel/both, or removing the whole wheel and punching them out from behind?

• 2 months later...

It's our 1 year anniversary on Tuesday so I thought I best make an effort.

The Shark is booked in for a surprise trip to the bodyshop for spats and a spoiler next week, which finishes my exterior plans nicely around the year mark. Next on the list is the bay, weapon-r are going to be blinging that up in the near future (courtesy of Tarmac). Just so she had something for the day, I popped in a Nismo oil filler cap, having marked the plastic OEM one during a disagreement topping up the oil a few weeks back.

IMG_3558_zps76f7a87c.jpg

One year in, I'm still just as excited to drive the Zed, even if it's just to work. I must admit to having a wandering eye in the last few months, with the 370 and a Cayman S both catching my eye. If I had one little tiny nag, it's the absence of rear seats. It's rarely an issue, but there's been a couple of times I've thought it'd be useful to have two more little seats back there, even if they weren't practically sized, they'd be handy for short trips. This has lead me to start cruising autotrader for V8 Mustangs of late...

Once I tart up the bay, I think there's an exhaust waiting to go on somewhere :ninja: and possibly an ARB kit. My dream is to do something with the interior plastics, particularly the centre console, but not found anything that catches my eye yet. Once they're done I'll finally be cured of Zeditis...

... except maybe a bulge bonnet, then a wrap in something outrageous, maybe wheels once day.

I picked up some bits for our anniversary a while back and today I got her back from the body shop. Thanks to Tarmac for the spats, Ersen for the LGW and John at St Anne's Bodywork Centre for making everything so nicely and of course the colour coding. Can't speak highly enough of the service there. I think this nicely balances things up all round now, with the diffuser now having some company around the back.

As you can imagine I'm extremely pleased with the result and, barring a moment of weakness involving a bulge bonnet, that's it for the exterior, definitely nothing more, probably.

IMG_0636_zpsdd89371a.jpg

IMG_0648_zps50651ac0.jpg

IMG_0632_zps2c8fd214.jpg

IMG_0627_zps64124c5f.jpg

IMG_0622_zps227d8a13.jpg

IMG_0617_zps90f58b18.jpg

All shot outside the home of football.

IMG_0640_zpsaf1d9efb.jpg

That LGW is great, really goes well with the spats and skirt.

What wing is that ??

Have you thought about colour coding the rear diffuser ??

It's the ebay special Gia Cuzzo, took a bit of fitting according to my man, but he's done a top job.

I have thought about coding the diffuser but it's such a nice piece of carbon that I just don't want to hide it under paint.

That LGW is great, really goes well with the spats and skirt.

What wing is that ??

Have you thought about colour coding the rear diffuser ??

It's the ebay special Gia Cuzzo, took a bit of fitting according to my man, but he's done a top job.

I have thought about coding the diffuser but it's such a nice piece of carbon that I just don't want to hide it under paint.

Definitely agree.

I'd leave it as is otherwise what's the point in having the nice carbon fibre one? ..you may as well just have a cheaper FRP version if you where going to paint it. ;)