The Shark Build

Stutopia

Like the progress :thumbs:

Are you sure it hasn't been Uprev'd already, given that it has a plenum, exhaust and panel filter already on it?

Not sure TBH, once the HFCs go on and the money is around I'll make some calls to the places before I commit the funds. I imagine they keep records...

It certainly feels fast :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Quick trip to Grinspeed today to have the clicky axles sorted and also pop the Berks on.

Thanks to Tarmac for those :thumbs: I quite like the new sound too.

Grinspeed

IMG_2785_zps581deefd.jpg

Berks - might be a pain to keep shiny :(

IMG_2788_zpsf9b4cdb0.jpg

As usual top service from Stevie at Grinspeed, skilled tech and always got a good story for me.

MOT is up next month so need to make a little cash pool, just in case. If that goes well then some mod money should be available :teeth:

• Like 1

A little mod, with a big bang. LEDs for the dome.

The kit.

IMG_2798_zpscf654e73.jpg

Quick Test.

IMG_2807_zps2e1357d5.jpg

Done.

IMG_2809_zps3340400c.jpg

They're not quite as blue as they appear in the photo and the light is a bit more diffuse than these would suggest. Very pleased.

Nice write-up and lovely car. Would be interested in where you got the crystal lenses for the rear lights from ?

Graeme

Thanks Graeme. Ordered them fom fleabay in the US. The link I used no longer works but here's another to the same ones:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item58a580207a

Couple of tips, if you don't mind. Get your silver bulbs sorted at the same time (info is on the forum) to avoid "fried egg" clusters and maybe licence plate LEDs too whilst you have the bumper off. I got a silver fog bulb, but frankly it's @*!#. Not very bright, which sucks for a fog, and also a bit pinkish. Hoping the fog won't be a problem at MOT. May go back to the proper kind with winter coming.

After a few Colombo style emails (thanks Jez @ Horsham, TDI, RS and Scott @ Abbey for quick responses all round) turns out she was remapped at Horsham last year. Well deduced JJT. Not sure why the previous owner omitted the receipts for that and the plenum spacer, but hey ho.

So, what do I do next? It's kid of scuppered my plans for faster. Not sure it's worth doing again just for the Berks?

Maybe cornering next? Eibach ARB kit front and rear? Open to suggestions...

Back to St Anne's Bodywork for the minor lip incident to be erased from history, all good now. Thanks to John and his fine work there, highly recommended and competitively priced :thumbs:

IMG_2831_zps2b975353.jpg

It seemed rude not to get my strut brace painted too, hiding the scratches from countless golf bag ingresses and egresses. Really quite pleased with this.

IMG_2828_zpsc8e88f9a.jpg

Liking the mods, couple of questions though.

Liking the speaker grills, have you got a picture of what they look like inside the car with the door shut?

What paint did you use for Plastidiping the drivers door switch trim? Its something I want to do but getting the right shade worries me.

You need to post some full view pics of the car so we can take it all in!

Liking the mods, couple of questions though.

Liking the speaker grills, have you got a picture of what they look like inside the car with the door shut?

What paint did you use for Plastidiping the drivers door switch trim? Its something I want to do but getting the right shade worries me.

You need to post some full view pics of the car so we can take it all in!

Thanks mate.

No pictures with the door shut, but given their location, you can barely see them. I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Just the plain black offering from plastidip. It needs something on top of it though, like lacquer or similar, as it's too soft on its own in a high traffic area like the door pulls. Mine quickly marked, so I've replaced them.

I'm actually having a bash at wrapping my spare door pulls tomorrow in hexis cf. Never done it before, wanted to try, I'm quite sure it'll be a PITA. :)

Never noticed I don't have a full pic on the build! I'm a bit of a tart though, you can see some here on page 7.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/36073-show-off-your-gunmetal-350z/page__st__120

Edited by SuperStu

It might sound like sacrilege on this forum but I'm not a fan of CF interiors... Might be something I have to see close up. I was after tan leather until I saw it up close then went for black.

I'm going to git similar side steps and might get them CF wrapped though with a small front lip. I'm also temped by a black vinyl roof.

Totally understand that, I was the same until I saw these from RT. They're so much better than my stock ones were, the finish is superb and solid. However, I won't be going with any more CF, in or out. I've just found a place nearby who do special things with interiors :ninja:, just need some time to go see them and get some price ideas.

Loving them side steps

Thanks mate, I`m very pleased with them and relatively good value as well. They`re not the sturdiest things I've ever seen, but stood up fine so far and clear even the most aggressive speed bumps!

http://www.aerokit.e...?product_id=110

Not so sure about the purported aero gains and seconds per lap claimed in the description ;)

Hi SuperStu, just reading your build thread and your car looks great so far. Really like what you've done to your Zed. Just wondered though where did you get your carbon fibre drivers door pull/switch panel? ...as mine is very scratched from a previous ring wearing owner. You mentioned RT. Is that a trader on here? Thanks in advance for any help in acquiring a set. :thumbs:

RTbiscuit, the main man on all things dipped, painted, vinyled and Jaaaaag, amongst other things. I think he retired from the door trim dipping business but I could be wrong, defo worth a PM. The quality of the job he's done on mine is spot on.

Looking good :thumbs:

Do you have a full side view pic of your car with the refurbed wheels? Want to get mine done at some point and can't decide whether to go with the shadow chrome sort of colour or OEM as I'm not sure how it will look on a GM Z.

Edited by Jp606

Looking good :thumbs:

Do you have a full side view pic of your car with the refurbed wheels? Want to get mine done at some point and can't decide whether to go with the shadow chrome sort of colour or OEM as I'm not sure how it will look on a GM Z.

Well, if you insist :)

13_1013_66979_zps2d3a3929.jpg

P1020415_zpsf199896b.jpg

P1020123_zps20f7db6b.jpg

IMG_1867_zps3259c119.jpg

They were refurbed in "chrome effect"

• Like 1