Hello everyone - new here :-)

Hi guy's (+gals?)

Ive been lurking about here quite a while, finally got myself my Zed so i figured i aught to properly introduce myself! :)

so here goes! My names Ben. I love Jap performace cars and ill live by them 100% until i can afford something very exotic ;)

Im a long time RX-8 owner (well long for a 24 year old - ive had 1 for four years ) Its no coincidence that ive shown up not long after lewisdavid_ we met through the rx8 and have since become good friends, it was me in fact that built the engine for his white car that you all saw pictures of :D

I own a relatively small company called Rotary Revs, we fix and service Rx-8's and ive built engines for cars from all over Europe (as far away as Sweden and Portugal ) website isnt huge but theres a bit on there - anyone whos intrested you can feel free to take a look (hope im allowed to do this :blush: mods feel free to cut this out if im breaking any rules) www.rotaryrevs.com

Now i love the 8! i can confidently say that as a second hand (not new) car i know them probably as well as if not better than most anyone even at/ in mazda (especially the Mazda UK network :yuck: ) BUT you can have too much of even the best things and since it often feels like im force fed the rx8 24 hours a day 7 days a week the sweetness started to grow a little bitter at times. So for more than a while ive had an itch for something else, something different.

Then a local car garage that i drove past everyday got an S2000 in ready for the summer, ive always liked the s2k and years ago when i bought the 8 i would have liked an s2k instead, alas my insurance wouldnt allow a convertible . So now in a position where i could have 1 i started looking - the trouble is though the s2000 is basically just an rx8 with the roof chopped off, small engine, high revs, low torque, loads of HP ... it just wasnt going to scratch that itch.

THEN lewis sold his 8, bought his Zed and promptly hassled me to get some service gear in and get my hands mucky on her, which obviously resulted in a test drive. Never considered the zed until then BUT wow! i immediately fell in love with it :teeth:

so i waited till the right car came up, initially insisting on a black convertible but couldn't resist the grey 1 i bought when i went to look at it .

Sorry for the long post!

Its getting late but i fully intend on getting some pictures up as soon as i work out how.

and i took the zed out for a long run through sadleworth moors tonight (my all time favorite localish roads) roof down and HUGE grin on my face ... enjoyed it so much i went round again - something i carnt remember the last time i did!)

ill do a little comparing review too for everyone's entertainment a bit of an 8 vs Z thing

And the best bit! after a happy weekedn with my new zed i went into work this morning refreshed and in a weird way my love for the rx8 is pleasantly refreshed which i guess was the whole point!

Mega looking forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully in time ill become an active member of this forum! any semi local meets i might be able to attend? preferably ones that im not likely to get caught by any rx8 owners .... cheating :lol:

Ben

and the new Zed :teeth:

009_zpsb5d504d4.jpg

dont have many pictures of her ... yet

these 2 shes blending in nicely at work :lol:

010_zpse1cb519f.jpg

012_zps42b43179.jpg

youll have to excuse the quality of the pictures, the camera on the iphone 5 is good but struggles with oil and slime :-(

Ben

cheers for the warm welcome guys!!!

Ill be starting modding in the not too distant future :)

first things first though. The car does need a bit of TLC so ive ordered everything from oil to aux belts and plugs for a major overall service.

Once that's done i think the next port of call is going to have to be the clicky UJ's, ive done a bit of reading and there seems to be a couple of fix's like re-greasing, 180 turn and replace for new ... i do like new :D so quick question if you all don't mind, where can i buy some new ones? all the links to them seem to be broken on old posts. are there any after market upgrades available that fix the issue permanently or is there no real benefit to replacing them altogether until you've turned them around and they start clicking again later on?

as soon as ive sorted the clicking id like to change the clutch. i really dont like the 1 in there at the min - its past its best and doesnt bite at all like id want it to! its my understanding that they are dual mass ... are the solid flywheel clutch conversions something people do or do they cause the car to shudder badly? (id love a nice stage 2 and light fly for it ;) )

Then we can get onto the fun stuff ... im thinking Miltek but not sure since i havnt heard any other exhausts yet. i know the miltek is an amazing system, the zorsts they make for the 8's are incredible quality but lack in finesse, very loud and to be honest you can get the same unmuffled noise for a lot less money! so what they like on the zed? i love the standard noise and would really like to just enhance that with the odd pop here and there

(i have a HKS legamax for 1 8 and a RacingBeat for the other - the HKS is absolutely incredible!)

cheers in advance!

sorry for all the questions

Ben