Mark Webber to leave F1

tez162003

The time is right - he will only ever be second at Red Bull. He is beginning to get petulant (although its with good reason at times).

So - who will replace him -Raikkenon (sp) is fav but I would love to see them give it to Di Resta

When the team blamed Webber for the coming together with Vettel in Turkey 2010 (something I can't see for the life of me as being anything other than Vettels fault as he appeared to swerve into Webber), you knew that despite being in the lead in the championship at the time, he was never the blue eyed boy.

Edited by Badgeronimous

Mark is a genuine chap and one of the true gents of formula 1, he has a large fan base because of this and many younger drivers look up to him. I think it is perfect timing for Mark, he will be 37 be time the next season starts and needs to consider his future within motorsport. His contract terminates at the end of this season and an amazing opportunity to race endurance with Porsche has presented itself. IMO it is a no brainer, I think that he has become frustrated with F1, especially some of the decisions made by Redbull and the tension that is without doubt present behind the scenes. Additionally the rule changes for next season may not inspire him to continue with the sport, many of us have questioned this season and I am concerned about the future of the sport.

It is a shame but the right move for him, he usually drives well around Silverstone and I hope he has a good result this weekend (maybe second behind an F138 ) ;)

Edited by Ceejay29

Not at all surprised, he was seen having a seat fitting in Stuttgart back in April but it's a shame to lose him from F1 as I think he had 2 or 3 more years left at the top. His replacement, hmm, not Kimi , more likely one of the Torro Rosso drivers.

Pete

Good luck to him, always seemed a decent bloke in interviews and the like. I just hope he seizes this fine opportunity with both hands and uses it to punch Vettel in the face live on TV. The smug tw@.

• Like 1