Bizz's LS3 6.2l V8 350Z Drift Car Project - IT CAN DRIFT!! :)

bizz

Awesome thread Bizz, some amazing working going on there. Might have to get a look in the flesh as I am only on North Road (The MR2 house), missed the drifting at Teesside which was a bit disappointing, thats what happens when its "All work and no play", don't know how you manage to fit all this work in, definitely subscribed to this one. I am not averse to getting my hands dirty if you ever need a hand.

Graeme

Hey Graeme, I know the house lol :) you got a 350 now?

Yeah it's a battle fitting this in and the drifting around work and stuff but it's pretty addictive. Think you might regret the offer of help my man :-P

Yep the MR2 went last Saturday, went as far as I could with that, wife still has hers (Red with black roof) - been itching for a 350 for over a year now, and glad I took the switch, really loving it........now to get enough time to enjoy it.

Looking forward too seeing yours, that's some major workload you've got there, but sure you will make easy work of it, having seen what you've done so far.

Regards

Graeme

• Like 1

Couple of quick pics from the weekend. Just hanging on the target of being ready for caging on Saturday :)

99% of the rear end done

DSC02271Medium_zpsdeb26142.jpg

Picked up my Sharpie instead of the welder (other permanent marker pens are available :-P )

DSC02269Medium_zps5ee9f47e.jpg

That's the nearside welded up to the bulkhead

DSC02270Medium_zps57ce49bf.jpg

Another small step forward. Spend this evening wire brushing and picking out more seam weld, yawn!! lol

Dedication :thumbs:

Is permanent marker as good as a weld then?

Save loads of time :lol:

I wish mate, Sharpie's are good but not that good lol

I have no idea about stripping the car, what is it your actually doing now? It looks pretty empty to me? Seam welds etc?

Yeah still seam or stitch welding. It's a really long process, made even longer by the fact I can only do it in evenings and at weekends. I'm doing the interior at the moment so I can take it to be caged at the weekend. Once it's come back from there it'll get flipped and the same will happen under the car. It's got to look worse before it looks better :)

Whilst the car is away, I'll get to work on removing some of the weight from the boot, fitting the GTR diff into the Z diff casing and might start to reinforce the subframe so hopefully there'll be something more interesting to look at than just bits of weld (sorry everyone!)

Obviously pics of the cage will appear as it takes shape :)

Bizz hope you dont mind me asking but what have you budgets for this project

No worries man, reckon it'll take in the region of £6k - £7k to get it complete (not including the initial price of the car) to get it all up and running.

I hope by the time it is done you still remember how to drift ! :lol:

The thought had crossed my mind lol. If not it'll be an awesome car to just drive about in :-P

The work ur putting in mate i think the car will drift itself !

• Like 1

Could always let me try :p

lol maybe :-P think I'll watch you a bit more before I make that decision lol Anyways you've done more drifting than me this year so you'll probably show me up!! (another reason why not to let you drive it)

• Like 1

Ok so I took Friday off to finally get the car ready to take away for caging and got all of the interior stitching finished. Here are the results...

DSC02274Medium_zps545a7510.jpg

DSC02275Medium_zps0dc7b6a7.jpg

DSC02278Medium_zpsd486d02a.jpg

DSC02279Medium_zps91ea7cc2.jpg

The underside...

DSC02277Medium_zps584f1971.jpg

Now the car's at Clark Customs for the next couple of weeks, can't wait to see the finished result. Will post up progress pics when I can :D

In the meantime I'll be trying to get my GTR diff into the Z casing and putting the doors and boot on a diet because I can't believe how heavy they are.

Stay tuned.....

• Like 1

There is a bonus to this project. Atleast you shouldnt have any annoying rattly plastic In the car :p

You going for the plastic style windows?

Yeah I am. Just working out whether or not I'm going to keep the electric side windows for a bit of luxury lol but the side windows and boot will definitely be replaced by lexan ones.

Thanks guys for helping Ian out with what's going on at Clark Customs :-P

These guys really know what they are doing when it comes to cages, it will be an awesome piece of engineering and will be done in half the time that I'll be able to put the cage in.

They'll also be doing the full custom exhaust system later in the build

• Like 1