Bizz's LS3 6.2l V8 350Z Drift Car Project - IT CAN DRIFT!! :)

bizz

Awesome build thread. Would love to take on a project like this one day. More updates needed asap please.

Lol I'm going as fast as i can man ;-) bit more welding to be done then it's ready for the cage

Their not going to be that colour after a few miles :p but very nice :)

Haha true enough but I hope they stay like that for a while cos I'm not going to be putting loads of miles on it..... well not straight away :-P

Nice shiney shiney there! looking good. I like the look of those Eibach ARB's too.

Can't wait to start putting them all on, hoping those ARB's will help the transformation

WHERE DID YOU GET THE MAX PARTS

enquirer about them with place in japan and states never got a reply ??

Don't be in a rush man it took me a while to get in touch with them and the first time I tried I never got a reply. I went through both Japan and the US. Don't worry too much about those ones man, my version will be about around xmas time :D

Only just seen this - looking good. All the pics of the shell prep bring back memories. Just takes soooo long.

Cheers man, it's taking a long time but good things come to those who wait and all that lol.

Tonight's update....

All of the glass came out today

Side windows

DSC02260Medium_zpsd08a58d2.jpg

Boot

DSC02261Medium_zpsec10d914.jpg

and the Windscreen...

DSC02259Medium_zps754d96d0.jpg

... in one piece

DSC02262Medium_zps9edad59a.jpg

All ready for the cage to go in there now :)

After that came more seam welding

DSC02263Medium_zps676c9486.jpg

Think the welder is going to be my new best friend by the time this build is over :-P

Enjoy!! keep your comments coming :)

I don't know the condition of this car before-hand, but you were almost better off just buying a rolling shell for what you've left on the car! lol

haha it was a rolling shell.... once :-P just putting my mark on it before she gets built up again.

It will be a Z again

Awesome thread Bizz, some amazing working going on there. Might have to get a look in the flesh as I am only on North Road (The MR2 house), missed the drifting at Teesside which was a bit disappointing, thats what happens when its "All work and no play", don't know how you manage to fit all this work in, definitely subscribed to this one. I am not averse to getting my hands dirty if you ever need a hand.

Graeme

Awesome thread Bizz, some amazing working going on there. Might have to get a look in the flesh as I am only on North Road (The MR2 house), missed the drifting at Teesside which was a bit disappointing, thats what happens when its "All work and no play", don't know how you manage to fit all this work in, definitely subscribed to this one. I am not averse to getting my hands dirty if you ever need a hand.

Graeme

Hey Graeme, I know the house lol :) you got a 350 now?

Yeah it's a battle fitting this in and the drifting around work and stuff but it's pretty addictive. Think you might regret the offer of help my man :-P

Ok guys so we're at the 120 man hour mark now and this is what the nearside looks like now...

DSC02264Medium_zps6626f422.jpg

So the rear, interior end of the car is pretty much stitched now just a couple of seams near the floor pan and the long seam which runs right the way across the width of the car. Then I can set into the front end under the windscreen and over the tunnel :-)

Oh yeah... and these turned up today too........ thanks to Octet, cheers man!!!

SPL solid subframe bushes

DSC02265Medium_zps40afd8d9.jpg

SPL front camber arms (these things are a work of art)

DSC02266Medium_zps054fecce.jpg

DSC02267Medium_zps33e571e0.jpg

DSC02268Medium_zps3213ee40.jpg

That should be just about all of the suspension geometry stuff now, I just need the suspension haha

• Like 1

smudgeons selling a set of BC coilovers if theyre any use to you

Cheers man but as Oct said I need full coilovers with the remote reservoirs. Will have to keep looking for the moment :(

I'll keep an eye out on my350 and G35 for any potential KW's.

i so wanna see this out on track any ideas on colour schemes etc yet or we to earlier still haha

Still a bit early mate as I'm completely undecided. Will probably ask people to put some suggestions forward and I'll go from there. Is that lazy?? Lol

I'll keep an eye out on my350 and G35 for any potential KW's.

Cheers man that would be awesome :-)