Bizz's LS3 6.2l V8 350Z Drift Car Project - IT CAN DRIFT!! :)

bizz

That's a great offer mate.

It's gonna be months before I make any real progress and get to that stage (possibly even next year). I've sourced engine mounts and a sump (though they come flat packed so need welding up). But will need help with PAS bracket and a few other bits. Gonna get AAS to do the headers, but will need to make a custom intake manifold so that the bonnet will close.

The VH45 mates to the OEM manual 5 speed with a plate which I've already sourced. So the shaft and diff remain the same.

Standalone ECU's on both VG30 and VH45 so easy to splice.

I'll get Ian to let me know when he fancies popping over and will arrange with you.

That sounds all do-able mate and it's even better you won't be ready for a few months lol ;-)

Keep me posted about what Ian says and we'll work something out

O yea this sounds interesting, Ls fitting kits?

Yeah man, I should be able to get the majority of it pulled together so all you'd really need would be the engine. The headers are the killer on price. I've still got to overcome that bit myself :(

How would the wiring work? would it need all custom dials etc

I haven't had a look at the dials properly for the Z but I would imagine it would be easiest to use custom dials. My plan is to use custom ones in the gauge pods and dash that it comes with so it looks sort of OEM style. The hardest thing to sort out will be the speedo. To be honest in the skyline I only had oil pressure and temp and coolant temp nothing else :)

I haven't had a look at the dials properly for the Z but I would imagine it would be easiest to use custom dials. My plan is to use custom ones in the gauge pods and dash that it comes with so it looks sort of OEM style. The hardest thing to sort out will be the speedo. To be honest in the skyline I only had oil pressure and temp and coolant temp nothing else :)

What about using a stack combination dash in the standard binnacle? Should be able to plug straight in to the LS3 harness. Expensive though!

What about using a stack combination dash in the standard binnacle? Should be able to plug straight in to the LS3 harness. Expensive though!

Yeah there are a few options depends how big your budget just like anything really. There wasn't much left of my LS3 harness once I had finished with it last time. Could have plugged something into the OBD connection to get a lot of the infomation though.

This time I will be going with an Emerald ECU and harness which should make things a little bit easier to connect things too and for trouble shooting at the track. The standard LS3 ECU is great, completely mappable and safe but you need to use the EFI live software which is about £500-£750 in total and you can't do live mapping. You have to alter the tables, download it then run the engine to see if what you have done is better or worse. Makes it a very long and laborious process. The emerald should hopefully sort all of those above issues out

Awesome build! I can't wait to see where this goes, I had full intention to drift mine but I just didn't have the balls to cut it up. And there's less work involved with watching you do it;)

Awesome build! I can't wait to see where this goes, I had full intention to drift mine but I just didn't have the balls to cut it up. And there's less work involved with watching you do it;)

haha well I'm going all out on this one, it just depends on how deep you want to get into it. Stevo is doing a great job with his and its still pretty damn refined :)

Just got in from doing some more stitch welding....

Here's a pic for you Stevo lol

1003713_542058295857959_495652374_n.jpg

p.s. would like to point out that I have done more than that in an entire evening, this is just an insight :)

• Like 1

Only just catching up with this, its very cool. I definitely need a V8 in my life, not sure if it will be in the Zed yet or something else, but will be keeping a close eye on this thread for inspiration and tips.

Will be very interesting if you do develop a fitting kit that can be purchased!

I always seem to miss the drift meets at Kings lynn and forget to look when they are on. I know it would be something I would love and would get bitten by the bug if I went.

I'll have to keep an eye out.

Only just catching up with this, its very cool. I definitely need a V8 in my life, not sure if it will be in the Zed yet or something else, but will be keeping a close eye on this thread for inspiration and tips.

Will be very interesting if you do develop a fitting kit that can be purchased!

I always seem to miss the drift meets at Kings lynn and forget to look when they are on. I know it would be something I would love and would get bitten by the bug if I went.

I'll have to keep an eye out.

Hi Sam,

Yeah keep an eye out on here for more details of the fitting kit. For more details on the Kings Lynn drift days type Norfolk Drift Team into google or facebook and check out their page you'll get all of the details then. A quick note.... be quick if you want to get on a drift day, those spaces fill up seriously fast :) Hope to see you there

Right, basically I spent most of Saturday with a wire brush on the drill working on every seam between the B-pillars and the turrets. I really couldn't believe how many there were. Luckily I had Adam there again lending a hand.

DSC02249Medium_zps2384edeb.jpg

DSC02250Medium_zps5fa88837.jpg

It's not the easiest to see but I think I know what my job will be tomorrow night once I finish work :-)

The glass is also being taken out of the car tomorrow, so that's the windscreen, little side windows and the boot glass :-D

I feel kind of bad that I've only shown you guys pictures of wire brushed areas so here's a little treat...

This morning I received my first package from the US, which was from MAX GT Factory. Here you go

DSC02251Medium_zps4b6c6ca3.jpg

Rear Camber Arms

DSC02252Medium_zpsc9020d6d.jpg

Rear Toe Arms

DSC02253Medium_zpsb76a9b47.jpg

Rear Traction Rods

DSC02254Medium_zpsa9551e2f.jpg

GT Factory Super Angle Kit

DSC02255Medium_zpsb9d59e7a.jpg

DSC02256Medium_zpsfc4512ae.jpg

DSC02257Medium_zps4a8be9d0.jpg

DSC02258Medium_zpse00a1845.jpg