Bizz's LS3 6.2l V8 350Z Drift Car Project - IT CAN DRIFT!! :)

bizz

IT'S ALL OUT!!!!! Finally all 18kg of sound deadening stuck to the inside of the shell has gone!!!! woohoo!!!! (sorry I'm quite excited about that)

DSC02218Medium_zpsb4d5c217.jpg

I know the boot floor isn't very clean but I think I'm going to be cutting that out anyway

DSC02217Medium_zps4448d379.jpg

My good lady chipping away

DSC02215Medium_zpscda42a9e.jpg

DSC02216Medium_zpsab347019.jpg

Here we go :)

DSC02219Medium_zps152e779c.jpg

If anyone wants to buy this for their car please let me know. You'll just need to pay for the postage :-P

So tomorrow night is angle grinder and drill both fitted with wire brushes to get rid of all the little bits left over and to start taking off the paint ready for the stitching to begin

Edited by bizz

From the first photo, what are the two circular areas, rear strut?

That's the addition cubby Nissan designed but failed when they realised there'd be a carpet going on top :lol:

Good work with the sound deadening, that's a stupid amount of weight.

Keen to see the LS3 build spec ;)

DSC02218Medium_zpsb4d5c217.jpg

This one?

It's a bit of an illusion, the original strut is long gone. The circles are the two "hatches" on to the top of the fuel tank. From what I've seen so far (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) the offside is where the pickup and fuel lines are and the near side is where the level gauge is

• Like 1

That's the addition cubby Nissan designed but failed when they realised there'd be a carpet going on top :lol:

Does he not mean the fuel pump covers?

haha Wasso would have been an awesome secret compartment :-P yeah can't believe how much it all weighed.

I'll whack the LS3 spec up shortly for you man

So... it's time for a few more pics. These last few days I have been stuck in the garage with an angle grinder wire brush, drill wire brush a selection of scrapers and a blow torch and achieved this.....

DSC02221Medium_zps1a06b20c.jpg

DSC02222Medium_zps216618ce.jpg

Spot the difference...

DSC02223Medium_zps4796ff9a.jpg

DSC02224Medium_zpsb573a7c0.jpg

70 man hours into the build now :)

DSC02225Medium_zps3a4932d8.jpg

• Like 1

I drove a 2013 LS3 Corvette for 10 days on our honeymoon last month after getting a free upgrade when they had no equivalent replacements for our faulty Mustang GT and that engine is bloody naughty! The acceleration is just instant and brutish! So much torque man. I reckon the combination of the 350z and this engine is gonna be a proper winner! Massive amount of graft but it will be worth it!

Do it nice or do it twice!

• Like 1

I dont think most people realise the amount of prep work that goes into these builds. Well done. What colour are you planning on painting the interior?

Yeah it's taking quite a while. Removing all of the seam welding has taken longer than I imagined too but all has to come off ready for the welding. I haven't come up with a colour yet for the interior or exterior lol Think I'll put a few ideas up on here and see what which you guys prefer the most :)

I drove a 2013 LS3 Corvette for 10 days on our honeymoon last month after getting a free upgrade when they had no equivalent replacements for our faulty Mustang GT and that engine is bloody naughty! The acceleration is just instant and brutish! So much torque man. I reckon the combination of the 350z and this engine is gonna be a proper winner! Massive amount of graft but it will be worth it!

Do it nice or do it twice!

Good motto :D definitely thinking along the same lines. The engine is awesome so hopefully we'll make it a little better this time round :) thanks for the support man

• Like 1

Finally it's clean inside!!

DSC02228Medium_zps239f792b.jpg

DSC02230Medium_zps9f3a5066.jpg

I've left the bit of boot floor at the very back of the car as I will be cutting that out soon. This will be where the exhaust system will eventually go so it can be high and out of the way for the diffuser/venturi to be fitted :)

Next jobs on the list before the seam welding begins are

Remove remaining wiring harness from O/S A pillar

Remove traction control/ABS unit, brake servo and clutch master cylinder

Remove windscreen

Remove fuel tank

Hopefully the next set of pics to go up will be a bit more interesting than just the interior, sorry all but it has to be done

You can subscribe?? :shrug:

Glad you've found the subscribe button man :)

This thread is epic! Really looking forward to seeing this progress! :thumbs:

Thanks :D there's a lot more to come just a shame this stuff always takes so long

Oh my goodness!! Subscribed :thumbs:

You can subscribe?? :shrug:

Top of the page, just below "View New Content" :thumbs:

Ahhh... that huge grey follow this topic button! How'd I miss that? :(

That bump on the head still affecting you then :lol:

Hi Guys,

Apologies in adavance as there won't be many updates from me this weekend as I am guest judge for the BDC round 3 event at Teesside :D

So if any of you are there try to pop along and say hi :)

Hi Guys,

Apologies in adavance as there won't be many updates from me this weekend as I am guest judge for the BDC round 3 event at Teesside :D

So if any of you are there try to pop along and say hi :)

Massively jealous dude! enjoy it!

Yo :)

Ok so still no massive updates from the last time but therer has been some purchases made :) so the cage is on its way and pretty much every arm possible for steering geometry and the rear subframe.

I just need Coilovers so am after your help and recommendations. I have been recommended the BC ER-series coilovers but the best price I can get them for is about £1100. What do you guys recommend and where should I get them from??

P.s. I'm leaving tonight to head back to my home county of Norfolk for a charity drift event at King's Lynn. Always seriously laid back and is a great night so if you feel like popping across feel and and say hi :)