How to prevent eviction on home reposesion

Don't have time to see it all through but my starting point would be the facts/history:

- did they have debt lawfully secured by the property

- did they meet the repayments or if they didn't were any revised repayment schedules agreed to

- did the mortgage company go through all the lawful processes before getting to this stage

From looking at a few minutes of it, the Bailiffs did appear to be aggressive rather than assertive.

Why comment if you cant be assed to watch it!

The scouser was completely correct in everything he was saying and Paul Higgs was a class A ****! It has nothing to do with whether he paid his mortgage or not and it has nothing to do with the reason the bailiffs were there, everything that the bailiffs did in this video was criminal. If you cant see that then you're missing the point.

Well done to that man!

• Like 2

25 minutes, Adrian, you have too much time, give me your job!! :lol: , Oh, please ;)

I don't have a job, honest!!!

Just to give you an idea about my working life:

- went to sleep 5:30am this morning

- started to get calls as of 7:00am, by the time I woke up, I had 22 missed calls, 6 voice mails and few tens of emails business related, not spam or forum etc

- 14:15 as I type - haven't had lunch or breakfast yet :(

Do you still want my job?

:cry:

Did you not get used to Ekona by now? He likes to p1$$ against the wind most of the time :lol:

I like to share my opinion, which funnily enough is exactly what you asked for in your first post. If you don't like the answers, then don't ask the questions.

I watched enough to form an opinion I feel is valid. People moan that authorities don't understand the spirit and have any leeway, but are perfectly happy to use those strict wordings to their advantage when it suits them.

It has everything to do with not paying your mortgage. No payee, no homee. Simple as that.

Edited by Ekona

Did you not get used to Ekona by now? He likes to p1$$ against the wind most of the time :lol:

I like to share my opinion, which funnily enough is exactly what you asked for in your first post. If you don't like the answers, then don't ask the questions.

I watched enough to form an opinion I feel is valid. People moan that authorities don't understand the spirit and have any leeway, but are perfectly happy to use those strict wordings to their advantage when it suits them.

It has everything to do with not paying your mortgage. No payee, no homee. Simple as that.

Sorry mate but you're not getting the point of this video and its probably cause you didn't watch it.

OK, lets say Mr Scouser didn't pay his mortgage - Yes, that is naughty and you don't pay your mortgage you don't get to keep your home. Simple. But that still is not the point of this... So, times up and the house should be repossessed.

But the bailiffs do not conduct a civil matter like this the way they do - They were aggressive, intimidating and were in fact breaking the law in many cases. That is the point of this.

25 minutes, Adrian, you have too much time, give me your job!! :lol: , Oh, please ;)

I don't have a job, honest!!!

Just to give you an idea about my working life:

- went to sleep 5:30am this morning

- started to get calls as of 7:00am, by the time I woke up, I had 22 missed calls, 6 voice mails and few tens of emails business related, not spam or forum etc

- 14:15 as I type - haven't had lunch or breakfast yet :(

Do you still want my job?

:cry:

Lightweight!!! :p Delegate :shrug:

Sorry mate but you're not getting the point of this video and its probably cause you didn't watch it.

OK, lets say Mr Scouser didn't pay his mortgage - Yes, that is naughty and you don't pay your mortgage you don't get to keep your home. Simple. But that still is not the point of this... So, times up and the house should be repossessed.

But the bailiffs do not conduct a civil matter like this the way they do - They were aggressive, intimidating and were in fact breaking the law in many cases. That is the point of this.

I watched some of it, but his attitude annoyed me so I didn't watch it all.

Tbh I couldn't care less if the bailiffs were aggressive. If he'd paid his bill they wouldn't be at his door.

he said he was the beneficiary of the property - does that mean that the owner has passed away and the property left to him ????

does that make a difference

I sort of get it - the baliffs had the wrong paperwork and the beneficiary knew this - however............and this is a big "however" - someone has NOT paid the bills - the bank ARE entitled to get their collatoral back - its just the way THAT particular baliff went about it ............ NOT acceptable

• Like 1

Just watched the whole thing.

i think some people here are missing the point.

this isnt about not paying your bills, its about having the correct paperwork, and showing that the balliffs are breaking the law in what they are doing. Simples.

But i agree, pay your bills.

he said he was the beneficiary of the property - does that mean that the owner has passed away and the property left to him ????

does that make a difference

I sort of get it - the baliffs had the wrong paperwork and the beneficiary knew this - however............and this is a big "however" - someone has NOT paid the bills - the bank ARE entitled to get their collatoral back - its just the way THAT particular baliff went about it ............ NOT acceptable

agree....dosn't really matter if he was the benificiery.....if original owner owed cash on it, then someone needs to pay.

Otherwise I'm signing over the house to the cat.......no more mortage!!!!

To be serious though, baliffs normally have the law on their side, and will follow the rules. A few though may resort back to their roots, which means the tend to be of the intimidating type!!! I'm sure if a 7 stone weed arrived at half the houses that they attend, he'd be politely told to f**k off at best. Guess you cant have it both ways.

Edited by aidan

The scouser lays it on pretty thick which is defo fully irritating, but if it's not correctly executed (and what he's quoting is legit?) then he has a valid point. Mortgage companies and bailiffs are more than happy to quote the minutae when it suits so it's only reasonable he can do the same. I'd assume this kind of thing would be covered in Bailiff School 101.

On a more human side, it's a shame the bailiffs seem to relish so much repossessing a property. I'm sure someone has to do the job but it'd be better if they were a touch more reasonable. Plenty of people will cave in to this sort of pressure, simply because they don't know where they stand.

I'd say get legal advice if you really want to know you're rights OP, you never know with anything you see/read on the web.

If the scouser turned up to my door, discussing my rights, the law and the correct paperwork I'd say fair enough.

The law is the law. Simple, some like it some don't. I bet you those bailiffs would flaunt the law at any opportunity, they deffinetly looked that type.

Dan you should have watched it all to be fair, because the scouser was as mentioned the beneficiary of the estate, so he didn't owe anything and wasn't acting against the law.

It would seem there's bad practice going on between banks and bailiffs, but its been like that for a while. You just have to look at miss-sold insurance. Failing banks, asking the tax payer to continue funding their bonuses.

A banker is what it says on the tin!

Interesting to see the police a little bit flummoxed at the situation.

Just watched the whole video. I think fair play to the guy, he didn't like how he was being treated so he researched the law surrounding it and stood up to the bailiffs.

The bailiffs were completely out of line, unprofessional, breaking the law and showed no sympathy to the situation.

The Scouser told the bailiffs several times what they needed to do in order to reposses the house and so I think he was fairly reasonable and the bailiffs should have just listened and done it (got a contempt of court order)

Main bits that annoyed me were the bailiffs attitude, the police not having a clue about what to do and the number of police officers for such a small non violent situation.

One thing I was impressed with though was the higher up police man (sargent I think it said), as straight away he seemed to know what was right and wrong, listned to both sides, took the time to read all the papaer work and controlled the situation very well. My only diassapointment was that even after telling the bailiffs that they had no right, advising them against trespassing and then watching the bailiffs disregard him and commit an offence of trespass, he didn't arrest them and just told them to go.

I do admit that the Scouser would have wound me up silly if I had been the bailiffs and I'm pretty sure that if the cameras had not been on then the situation would have been very different. It was also interesting to note that the guy who oversaw for the bank appeared to know the law, the bailiffs didn't and generally they don't.