Never thought I would say it

spursmaddave

My Zed has been sat outside my window (relegated from the garage) all week and is getting picked up Sunday....

I haven't had the urge to have a blast, nothing to do with it only having a stock exhaust I actually don't mind the sound.... just don't feel it anymore....

No doubt like an ex-lover I will at some point have the urge to remember what it's like to slip inside again :blush:

So I guess the time is right, a few of my fellow Zedders at the Shed asked if I will miss her and I was a bit Meh.... To be absolutely honest it was starting to be too much of an effort to drive unfortunately :wheelchair:

So no tears Sunday just a big smile that it's going to such a good new home :teeth:

Edited by spursmaddave

:scare: Did I really just read that? :thumbdown::nono::ban: etc etc

It's not like you're downgraded though Dave. I'm sure slipping inside your new ride daily will give you a lot of pleasure for a long time to come. It was inevitable that you'd contract Jagitis after such a short period. Another condition that I doubt there is a cure for.

At least you have to comfort in knowing your Zed will be cherished in the manner she was used to. Before you dropped it like a hot stone.... :stir:

I get this with every car these days :-( When I bought my pearl White Z back I thought I'd keep it forever this time. With my company insurance rules I advertised it for absolute top dollar at £10k and it still sold 5 days later! I wasn't sure wether or not I'd miss it but if the money is going to be used to progress in life any car is soon forgotten...................except my supercharged NSX!!!!

Dave.

Edited by Dave J

Best way to be. If you still liked it then parting would be horrendous, but because you've moved on emotionally then it's best to see the back of it.

Don't get me wrong I wouldn't be heartbroken to have to keep it but one thing keeps popping up from the back of my mind....

A while back (years?) a few if us went to a little joing meet with the other Z clubs and we met in a carpark and without being cruel some old Zeds turned up and these guys started to gaffer tape lights back on, one got a cigarette lighter pump out to do his slow puncture.... some of the cars were well not to be unkind a bit of a wreck and I felt I had a super duper car compared to them.... now I am looking at the Zed in the same light as I did those older Zeds....

:ban: for being honest :shrug:

SSHHHH everyone - if that's the way Dave feels, then I for one am not going to berate him for it!!

(no selfish inentions - honest ) :D

Don't worry Netti she will be gleaming (if a bit standard) on Sunday but we all know standard + Zed Shed = :nono:

Eyebrows & vinyl flowers FTW!!!!

This falling out of love process normally happens to me after a couple of years but it hasn't happened to me yet and I'm into my third year. The only car it didn't happen with was the Alfasud, which I had for 5 years, but unfortunately that developed one or two issues :lol: Maybe that was simply a reflection of the available competition at the time.

It's good to look back in a positive way and move on when you're ready.

I have found myself just starting to look at other stuff but the 350 is quite hard to beat at the budget I am looking at.

I'm hoping it will be the last we see of you :teeth:

You wish :p

Unfortunately the pipe & flat cap brigade don't appreciate my humour :shrug:

So I will just have to stick around here :yahoo:

you could try harder, pretty please :teeth: