TVR risen from the ashes?

Lexx

So the Russian boy has confirmed he has sold his entire interests in the TVR brand to a UK company

The TVR website has "never say never" written across it.

Exciting times.

I was going to get a Cerbera instead of the Zed.

I want a Sagaris..... But they're too bleeding expensive!

Just been looking at prices, they all seem to have gone up a fair amount.

You need at least 15k for a decent tuscan now and 25k for T350! :(

You can use your 350Z as an everyday car..you cannot use a Cerebra in that way, my mate got one it only comes out on hot sunny days

and even then he has spent a fortune on it.. :scare: :scare:

You can use your 350Z as an everyday car..you cannot use a Cerebra in that way, my mate got one it only comes out on hot sunny days

You're probably right, but hey would have been fun every day (that it was working ok :lol: )

• Like 1

Just been looking at prices, they all seem to have gone up a fair amount.

You need at least 15k for a decent tuscan now and 25k for T350! :(

I believe a used Sagaris is higher in price than when it was first launched. A first for TVR.

This is always good news. Was a shame when TVR was sold so am happy its coming back home so to speak.

They're not my favourite car and I probably wouldn't ever buy one, but I like the fact they were made in the UK

Bloody good news! I need a shot in the arm like this. My rear PS KW damper has failed!!!!££££

When I think everything was going well!

Anyway back to topic. You can you a TVR as a daily in fact it is my opinion and that of many TVR buffs that daily driving equals less issues as you quickly identify the probs and sort the to have problem free motoring for years.

I drove a lightweight 4.5 Cerbera for 1.5 years followed by Tuscan S MK 1 for 1 year. Apart from battery running down especially on the Tuscan necessitating a trickle charger the only other issue was a split plastic coolant bottle on the cerbie from heat cycling from the headers. Was replaced in 48hrs from my TVR dealership.

I do not claim that the cars were not erratic and had issues but if you got one that was sorted or you sorted it you could DD them or anything else.

I would go for a well sorted Tuscan mk2 all the long. The sag is nice but too pricey and exactly the same runing gear, engine and chassis.

from autocar

Rights to make TVR cars and components, to use existing designs and manufacture components for existing cars, have been recently sold back to British interests located near London, according to their former owner, the Russian banker Nikolai Smolenski, now living in Vienna.

Speaking exclusively to Autocar earlier today, Smolenski said the deal was done “some weeks ago†but refused to reveal the price. The transaction is understood to involve a company fronted by a Mr Les Edgar, a Surrey-based entrepreneur.

In other intriguing moves, a private company called TVR Motor Cars Ltd was incorporated at the end of April and is currently described by Companies House as “activeâ€. The same source reveals Leslie Edgar, of Dorking, as director of both TVR Manufacturing Ltd and TVR Automotive Ltd. Meanwhile TVR's website has for some time carried the comments “never say never†and "roaring back". TVR enthusiasts are convinced “something is upâ€.

Smolenski acquired TVR in 2004 from its previous long-time owner, Peter Wheeler, for a rumoured price of £15 million. He operated it with difficulty and announced that after several false starts, including building a new Cerbera in Austria powered by a BMW diesel, he had given up the idea of making sports cars and would use the famous three initials in a company he owned, manufacturing wind turbines.

Awesome!!!

TVR are one of my favourite car manufacturers. Looking forward to seeing what comes next from them.

Hope it stays mental, raw and fun but with a touch more reliability. I was looking at a T350 instead of the zed back in 2008 but it was the reliability that sold me the zed.

Sorry, but this is a non-story.

The moulds for the original cars have been destroyed (I saw them getting 'loaded' onto a van in Bishop's Stortford a year or so back, was heartbraking to see) so you'll never get a continuation, and it'll cost so much to create a new car that the end product will be easy £150K+, probably more like £200K. No-one is going to buy a Tiv for that money. Ever. Even if they did make it, it'd have the LSx from a Corvette but look no better than the current Vette and at 4x the cost, so why would you bother? Unlikely to be made in RHD either as the market is too small, so it would be LHD or nothing.

Still excited, or shall I stop p*ssing on people's chips now? ;)