Suits' Le Mans Blue 370Z

Suits

Great to meet you today Suits,

That Zorst is a great piece of kit, seems very good quality and the fitment was spot on.

Looking forwards to seeing her with that other few bits you have planned done - and of course clean ;)

Why did Nissan think to put such a silent exhaust on the 370Z when the engine makes a wonderful sound, such a silly idea.

I know it's popular in Japan to fit silent exhaust systems to big cars as a sort of showcase to how they can engineer noise out but come on, this is too far.

Anywho….

Took the long way home on Sunday and went through the Dartford tunnel - YES.

So the exhaust so far - It had a little blow/whistle on start up that comes into the cabin from what seems like the back end of the X pipe, this appears to have gone or reduced largely at least, I think as the system is going through the heating up, cooling down sequence of driving it’s bedding in well.

It’s getting louder too, as its getting coked up it’s getting more recognisable. I’ve done about 200 miles since Saturday and the sound has changed significantly since then. In the cabin while your driving NSL on the motorway you can tell it’s there but only slightly, open it up to figures over the NSL and you can then hear it. I like the fact that it just slips into the background when driving normally, as opposed to having to raise voices to have a normal conversation.

I have to admit to feeling a little foolish at first, as my reason for choosing this system was based on sound and the fact that it was a quiet system but at first it was very quiet, maybe a little too quiet.

Now it appears to be settling into itself and I’m much more happy with the db of it.

Under load it’s great and as you go through the gears purposely, it sounds very good on next gear pick up.

On cold start up in this weather it’s deep and load, which kind of gives it a false impression as it does sound loud !!

Syncro-Rev gearbox is brilliant (as everyone says) but it really is with an aftermarket exhaust. Even when you forget about it and you approach a set of lights or a round about and you downshift it reminds you its there with a strong bark of V6.

When it’s hot, it burbles and snaps too on the run down, which again makes the rundown from the redline sooooo nice.

I’ve bought myself a external GoPro mic for my Hero 3 which should be here today, so once that arrives I should be able to capture the sound of this much better, under load too !!

I should have cleaned the car and taken some pic's yesterday as it was lovely weather but I just ended up eating pizza and watching the football. Win.

• Like 2

That exhaust looks so awesome, I'll listen to the video when I get home.

Thats exactly the same feeling I have had with my last two cars, I go to a custom shop and I ask for it to be just a little louder than stock, then I get it back and thing, hmm I really should have asked for it a little louder, but it gradually gets louder overtime.

Would love to hear your opinion on the Hero 3 camera as well (and I await the driving exhaust clip) :D

I can still remember how chuffed I was when Tom at TGM started up my last 370 after fitting a Stillen CBE.

Despite trying to convince myself that the Nismo exhaust is loud enough I've already found myself spending an unhealthy amount of time looking at possible alternatives. I'm gonna get some HFCs fitted as an interim step but if that doesn't do it I'll probably bite the bullet on a new system - no great hurry though. The Nismo isn't embarrassingly quiet like the standard system. The Ark would definitely be on the short list for me (also impressed by the Invidia - especially for the price).

Enjoy your new exhaust.

Would love to hear your opinion on the Hero 3 camera as well (and I await the driving exhaust clip) :D

Yet to really try it anger yet man, I got the Gopro Hero3 - Black Edition.

For the price it costs I'd have expected a bit more in terms of accessories in the box really. I just had to buy an external microphone, microphone adapter cable and a suction cup mount, which all in all is about an extra £60 but yeah, I'll be using it for a track day in a few weeks so I'll have some trail vids to post up :) .

The actual GoPro is unbelievable quality though mate.

Just had a listen... Sounds awesome mate, how does it differ in real life, I would love this system but I don't have the dough for it right now so short tails for me, and then I'll upgrade to this if I can't stand the racket.

Have you considered the Invidia Gemini? Quite a nice system by all accounts and not all that much more cost than fitting AAM short tails. Could always add some HFCs in the longer term if you want more volume.

Just had a listen... Sounds awesome mate, how does it differ in real life, I would love this system but I don't have the dough for it right now so short tails for me, and then I'll upgrade to this if I can't stand the racket.

That is almost impossible to put into words I'm afraid mate, it just has more too it, you can pick out the cylinders more I suppose and the full exhaust tone has more of a range than my crappy iPhone 5 can pick up.

GoPro should make a much better at catering it though ;) .

Right, OK, just very quickly as I'm out on the razzle tonight but I had an ARK GRiP fitted to my 70 today by the guys down at the Z Shed :) .

Orderd a few weeks ago through Tarmac we were all set to fit it today, it went on a treat.

Really happy with it.

I'll give the car a clean soon and get some proper pictures up as well a review of the system once I feel its bedded in a bit.

But until then, here we go..

Firstly, payment ....

EC584F6D-A92A-4324-BA5E-7D3B13BD64C1.jpg

Then to get the old pony OEM system off...

A76A7402-6ABE-4EC8-872A-344498D43ED6.jpg

844D4E58-235E-471A-91AB-1AD613E82B0F.jpg

Then the ARK....

CD2E4C3C-7FE8-4D2F-8199-257CBE353781.jpg

5C1F90F6-69A2-41B3-979A-375BAE9CEB88.jpg

CF1373D0-9082-4555-B543-CDC062EF7AC1.jpg

40FF0A16-A537-4B67-9EFD-92040D264BA1.jpg

72F51CE0-0815-4DF2-A6BA-F721BE62CD39.jpg

Fitted.......LUSH.

1038DB26-81D7-4368-A72B-1EEE05B36AE3.jpg

The first fire up......

​(It sounds nothing like this in real life :lol: )

And somehow I managed to get this stuck to my car also.....

76F94C27-EDC6-45D2-8CDA-7FD80EEDC8B4.jpg

Get that bit of tat off quick! :lol:

Lovely looking / sounding Zorst :cloud9:

Sent from the golf club...

Despite trying to convince myself that the Nismo exhaust is loud enough I've already found myself spending an unhealthy amount of time looking at possible alternatives. I'm gonna get some HFCs fitted as an interim step but if that doesn't do it I'll probably bite the bullet on a new system - no great hurry though. The Nismo isn't embarrassingly quiet like the standard system.

That's interesting man.

I'm sure if needed the Nismo would shift quick and for a good price so thats good news.

Lovely looking / sounding Zorst :cloud9:

Cheers man :) .

Yeah, I took a while to pick the right sounding systems for me, then whittled them down by design and appearance, which left me with this.

So pleased with it so far :) .

Best way rather than rush in and regret it, once it gets a few miles under its belt it will sound better still :thumbs:

Agree on the burnt tips, never been a fan but they suit the le mans blue....

Love the colour... My next car ;)

ududa3ar.jpg

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

Have you considered the Invidia Gemini? Quite a nice system by all accounts and not all that much more cost than fitting AAM short tails. Could always add some HFCs in the longer term if you want more volume.

I was tempted by the invidia and HFCs combo, from the vids it sounds awesome

I was tempted by the invidia and HFCs combo, from the vids it sounds awesome

Agreed. Another one that would be on my short list :)

• 2 weeks later...

So here's a very quick vid of the GRiP on my car, I was testing my GoPro at the time and used an opportunity to drop my mate the station as an excuse to test run it.

Very simple casual drive after previously driving the car about an hour ago, just to show people how the system sounds for day to day stuff.

I was unable to use my external microphone as I need a skeleton case for my GP and didn't realise that so I had to just use the non waterproof back for the sound - not ideal.

**IT SOUNDS NAFF ON MOBILES UNFORTUNATELY - ONLY ANY GOOD ON DESKTOPS REALLY**

• Like 1