Suits' Le Mans Blue 370Z

Suits

7 people sharing an airfield for a day? Sounds like heaven!

As for pads, as you do a few track days etc, I would really highly recommend CarboTech XP8's over DS2500 / DS3000 any day.

If you want to wear down the rear tires I wanna see some full lock sideways action please! Not drifted the car myself, only a couple little slides here & there, but I reckon it'll skid very well. I'd love to have a proper go and not worry about the £400+ replacement rears I'd need before lunch lol

Have fun :D

Well, it's severn currently, lol, I expect that to increase, it's the 16th of August, but it's a max number of 25 split over two circuits so it will be cool as.

Thanks for the heads up on the pads, I'm not ruling out the OEM pads after some lines and fluid, but deep down, I know I'll want some more durable stuff.

It does slide, but obviously not to the level I'm hoping to achieve on the airfield. Not sure I'll be doing 50ft drifts though, lol.

I'll stick the GoPro on it and try and get some footage.

Cool vid man.

Best car I have ever owned was the Le Mans Blue 370, it's strange why when you photograph it that it does it absolutely no favours, but when you see it in the flesh it's looks completely different.

Superb colour.

Yes, the first thing everyone says when they see the car is; 'Wow, love the colour, it looks much better in real life'.

And I have to agree.

• 2 weeks later...

So the UpRev is just a re-flash of the OEM ECU, the EcuTek is a fully adjustable ECU I take it ??

Like an AEM ??

I can see the benefit of data logging and other race optimised settings but I don't think I'd ever use the addition features of a fully customisable ECU.

Once I had my AEM on my S2000 mapped I never touched it again. I also had my Civic Type R mapped, but went for the fixed ECU option (K100) as opposed to the customisable KPro, I never had regrets.

Unless there are other features of the EcuTek that would be an advantage ??

I've used EcuTek software on a previous project before, it gets the thumbs up from me :thumbs:

After my car gets the exhaust done I'd happily give it a try, probably go down to Ant @ Indigo GT for it.

I can see where Suits is coming from, especially on a car with very basic mods, HFC, maybe a CBE with an CAI, there not much over standard really and might not get any further mods afterwards, so a simple reflash would be a perfectly adequate solution over the EcuTek.

I did an airfield day today with my mate at North Weald, it was good.

First time I'd really used the car in anger as planned and the first chance to have the computer aids off and see how it really is.

OFF

null-69.jpg

Traction is nuts with it off, it just spins and spins but is really satisfying playing with the launches and controlling it so it fly's. This also makes drifting very easy.

The stability programme is kind of pointless anyway, as you'd try to drive it this hard on the normal roads so I can't really describe how it is without it, it's just easier to understeer and oversteer it, but the traction control is an obvious one.

The morning was raining - bad, but it gave a chance to mess about a bit and play around on the little circuit generally sliding and drifting about. The afternoon dried out and gave good levels of grip so we then switched our targets to improving our times on timed areas.

As well as the infield circuit thing they coned out there was a high speed bent and a tight section with a long sprint in the middle, for our cars this was hard, it was meant for Catheram's, Elise's and the such.

We pretty much just stayed on the circuit and tried to get our times down, which most of the time shaved some time off.

Here you can sort of see where area and circuits from whatever the hell my sat nav was doing, it seemed to plot stuff for some reason.

null-66.jpg

The car overall was very good, I'm very pleased with it, it grips surprisingly well, when you think you've got no chance it just holds and holds, give it a boot of go and it will slide mind, but generally it's very encouraging.

The brakes were also good, again surprisingly so, I had previously complained that they faded and were soft, but driven that bit harder like you can when you do things like this I didn't get a sniff of anything too bad.

Understeer - A fair bit of this, especially out of bends, but again only if I pushed hard, if I pushed harder the back would step and out and counter it, this in the wet was great fun. A new Geo setting should probably dial a good bit of that out though.

Oversteer - Yeah, loads of it really, whenever you wanted it, so much so it became more fun to try and combat it with the throttle more and get around quick than just sliding around over and over.

We got a couple of vids with the GoPro, we didn't bother in the morning though as it was raining. After lunch it dried out and we started filming our timed runs.

I only got two vids as one didn't record and we just got fed up of swapping them over and fixing the camera, they're all pretty much the same anyway I suppose.

null-67.jpg

Warning - Wind noise is crazy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lol, looking at this and seeing those Rad and Oil caps above reminded me that I actually have them, totally forgot all about them, they're not even on the car !!!

So yeah, not really done anything with this at all, done about 3000 miles since I bought it in May and it's not moved for about a week. Again.

I have been to Spa, Nurburgring and an airfield day though so she's getting used for what was intended, albeit less than I wanted too and not exactly all going to plan.

Been super busy with a million things over the summer and autumn so it was sort of expected not to be as deep into her as I wanted.

Things are on the up though. New year and things can start to get back to normal.

Mrs came home from work and asked me to check one of my Christmas presents as she wanted it to be correct ;

GoProHero3 - Black Edition.

14024ADC-D47C-4B13-A283-F95C3A17EF95.jpg

YES !!!

This one is the títs, full fat, Mega HD, silly 4K resolution motorsport edition - better than I was expecting to be honest, has to go under the tree though so no lurking bedtime vids yet.

As well as this I have a few plans, little bit of cosmetic stuff but then most of my time intends to be on track, now this isn't going to be stripped out track car nor a amateur racer, just a normal car that I'm going to track and enjoy, hopefully with the intention of getting as much fun out of it as possible. This isn't my daily, Greater Anglia is.

Maybe some ARB's to stiffen her up in the bends a bit and some geo to get rid of that factory understeer she has off the shelf, which is nasty.

Exhaust to follow too (unsure on what yet), but I want to get this right, I want one exhaust, to go on the car and stay on the car, I'm done with modding to the point where you switch stuff about and I'm also done with mapping, the car is plenty quick for me as it is and I'll learn to drive to it's current limits before I start thinking I need more power.

Intakes, hhhmmmm maybe, just for sound though really and if any probably Stillen Gen 3's.

Might try and get an afternoon at Brands or something too soon, or a few more airfield days, at £50 it's awesome value for money.

Other than that it's my 30th in a few months, my girl is nagging my ass to put a ring on it and I'll be at Spa in April.

• 2 weeks later...

See this thread a while back and see your north Weald day - 2 weeks later went myself :) a really great day there!

Spun it at 80 doing the high speed bend and lost my confidence for quite some time!

Just fantastic actually having a real go with the traction control off.

Be there again early next year :)

• 1 month later...

Right, OK, just very quickly as I'm out on the razzle tonight but I had an ARK GRiP fitted to my 70 today by the guys down at the Z Shed :) .

Orderd a few weeks ago through Tarmac we were all set to fit it today, it went on a treat.

Really happy with it.

I'll give the car a clean soon and get some proper pictures up as well a review of the system once I feel its bedded in a bit.

But until then, here we go..

Firstly, payment ....

EC584F6D-A92A-4324-BA5E-7D3B13BD64C1.jpg

Then to get the old pony OEM system off...

A76A7402-6ABE-4EC8-872A-344498D43ED6.jpg

844D4E58-235E-471A-91AB-1AD613E82B0F.jpg

Then the ARK....

CD2E4C3C-7FE8-4D2F-8199-257CBE353781.jpg

5C1F90F6-69A2-41B3-979A-375BAE9CEB88.jpg

CF1373D0-9082-4555-B543-CDC062EF7AC1.jpg

40FF0A16-A537-4B67-9EFD-92040D264BA1.jpg

72F51CE0-0815-4DF2-A6BA-F721BE62CD39.jpg

Fitted.......LUSH.

1038DB26-81D7-4368-A72B-1EEE05B36AE3.jpg

The first fire up......

​(It sounds nothing like this in real life :lol: )

And somehow I managed to get this stuck to my car also.....

76F94C27-EDC6-45D2-8CDA-7FD80EEDC8B4.jpg

• Like 2