Feeling slower after fitting spacers...

Leosille

Has potential to go viral this one :lol:

The spacers will affect unsprung weight but by very little, you shouldnt notice any effect on acceleration or suspension BUT I did notice less accuracy and feel in the handling when I fitted 20mm's to mine, thought it strange as Ive never had the same result fitting spacers to anything else. That said, Im now running ridiculous wheels and 25mm spacers and dont think the car has ever handled better so who knows ;)

Blue ****!

As one of the more senior (well in terms of nonsense spam posts) non moderating members I'm shutting this down now.

This is the single dullest argument I've ever come across!

The answer is no it will not affect your perception of your speed unless you have spidy senses.

Argument ended.

Check the handbrake, have you left it on !!!. Check your rear view mirror to make sure your neighbour hasnt hooked their caravan up to your z !!!.

I cant believe that fitting spacers has made a noteceable difference to your speed.

Good luck iwth the investigation..

Saying that fitting spacers will not affect performance at all is like saying that you've got a turbo that has no lag: Completely impossible due to the laws of physics.

Cornering would be affected and would probably be noticeable, but straight line stuff? Unlikely you'd notice. Unless they were made of steel and a good few kg each, of course... Were they, OP?

bugger me this is funny. Its a couple of KG of un-sprung weight if you fit 4 spacers,

If you want the full 3.5 back over this new '1.6' in the 350z again then do one of the following:

- Go on a diet and lose 2kg.

- Drive around with 2kg less fuel in the car at all times.

- Remove your shoes before getting in the car.

- Remove any key rings you have on your keys, they can be very heavy indeed.

- Leave your wallet at home. The cash saved on buying spacers over new wheels must be pretty heavy?

- Swap those heavy jeans for some nice light and airy tracksuit bottoms.

- Remove the radio from the car, that is a weighty old thing, and who needs it when you have a 3.5/1.6 engine to listen too.

- Don't under any circumstances take the misses out in it (I'm sure she weighs a little more than 2kg so performance will be hugely decreased)

- Remove spacers

- Fit some performance modifications that will actually help performance to combat this additional weight (i.e. not a cone air filter...)

- Cut some holes in the bumper, that saves weight and gives great air flow, win - win!

- Get a hair cut (if you have decent length hair that could save some weight, if not add some back,sack and .... waxing?)

- Go to the toilet just before getting in your car each time. Good bowel movements can save some serious weight... :lol:

• Like 3

'Not sure if its just me fitted 20mm spacers all round and the car seems to be slugish, anyone else feel the same?'

This whole thing started from this, makes me laugh reading everyones comments I dont know if im being made to look like a fool or what :surrender:

Since I've fitted my 20mm spacers all round my car feels faster but only on the middle of the road speed bumps as now the wheels are just far enough apart I don't have to worry about them ;) .

Edited by raduv66

'Not sure if its just me fitted 20mm spacers all round and the car seems to be slugish, anyone else feel the same?'

This whole thing started from this, makes me laugh reading everyones comments I dont know if im being made to look like a fool or what :surrender:

I don't think any outside assistance was required :lol: