Feeling slower after fitting spacers...

Leosille

It's in your head. It's impossible that fitting spacers will affect acceleration.

I agree it shouldnt do anything it just extends the hub distance, but after they were fitted i went for a drive and it was like i had a 1.6 not a 3.5 :thumbdown:

How is it impossible? My car felt faster when I put rays on?

Now you mention it my nismo sticker felt like it gave me at least 28 bhp.

Good for you but reducing unsprung weight makes a massive difference to the way the car drives.

Good for you but reducing unsprung weight makes a massive difference to the way the car drives.

yes, unsprung weight is the worst kind but thats more regarding the way the suspension reacts, not straight line performance. Especially considering the spacers are on the hub so they will have very little inertia.

Edited by CrumbMC

If you really think adding spacers affects acceleration then you are away with the fairies.

• Like 1

Who said anything about acceleration? He didn't say slower 0-60.

Any spacers I have used always made the steering slightly more numb.

Not sure if its just me fitted 20mm spacers all round and the car seems to be slugish, anyone else feel the same?

I agree it shouldnt do anything it just extends the hub distance, but after they were fitted i went for a drive and it was like i had a 1.6 not a 3.5 :thumbdown:

:shutup:

If you really think adding spacers affects acceleration then you are away with the fairies.

Must be away with the fairies then.....because it will. Very unlikely you'd notice on a car...but defo effect performance. (larger mass to rotate).

aidan is correct in my opinion with the larger mass to rotate it will make a car slower I believe velocity is the word used to decribe the rate of change to do with movement. Something with the same diameter but with a larger weight is going to be slower.

Must be away with the fairies then.....because it will. Very unlikely you'd notice on a car...but defo effect performance. (larger mass to rotate).

Have you felt the weight of a spacer!?! It will make no difference.

+1!!