Experiment - How accurate & just how fast is an HR?

AMT

Ok, call me a fool for being suckered into such a random thing, but after watching some EVO vids on youtube (as you do when your bored and eating dinner) and seeing a couple of speedo shots, I had a go at a geeky and bit of a sad experiement... since my camera can sit on the steering wheel and not move..which is helpful. And the resulting crap video gives me a decent 'time stamp' of speeds. Now it is dry and there wasn't really any wheel spin. Taking into account any inaccuracies by taking a bit off them, rough times were....

0-60 - 5.6secs

0-100 - 12secs

Anyone had a crack on a racetrack or know just how quick an HR is?... Surely not 12 secs ... that seems quite quick, but I can't see it to be too wrong unless the speedos utter crap?

(sensible answers please... lol)

EDIT - I have read American magazine reviews and some of their 60/100 times are pretty damn quick compared to Nissans claimed. So don't know if over the pond Z's are a bit better? lol

Edited by AMT

I know :p , fair enough it is a bit random, but im genuinely curious. Cos after the initial start the wheels are running ok so no real wheelspin so why does it get their so quick? Speedo cant be that bad. And shoot me for being a bit young-ish and interested in what my car could do lol

Oof, seen Ekonas name there and feared the worst lol *breathes easy* :lol: And yeah I've seen Evo do that 13secs. You are right with the 0-60 but would it just be like 5.6/7/9 that sort of difference so eg. if it was the 0-100 even a rough time would be ok...but yet the rough time was 12 :wacko: I half want to post the video but thats kinda sad. I really do need to get it up to Crail I think now the weathers a bit better. Would give me a decent ish time for 100 as I think the Z manages to crack it before the 1/4 mile lol

Oh and I don't rag it, I wanna keep it for a good while, but I do use it. There is a difference... ;):ninja: (fears challenging long term members lol)

Edited by AMT

Oof, seen Ekonas name there and feared the worst lol *breathes easy* :lol: And yeah I've seen Evo do that 13secs. You are right with the 0-60 but would it just be like 5.6/7/9 that sort of difference so eg. if it was the 0-100 even a rough time would be ok...but yet the rough time was 12 :wacko: I half want to post the video but thats kinda sad. I really do need to get it up to Crail I think now the weathers a bit better. Would give me a decent ish time for 100 as I think the Z manages to crack it before the 1/4 mile lol

Oh and I don't rag it, I wanna keep it for a good while, but I do use it. There is a difference... ;):ninja: (fears challenging long term members lol)

post it up you know you want to :lol: . post up on here when youre going to crail as I like a run up there for a wee day out. id also quite like to get a time before the chargers fitted. would also be good to have a zed showdown :lol:

Private farm road of a friends (single track prob wasn't the best but still ), but I'm still dubious of posting such a sad video lol Near harthill services (everyone seems to know this better lol). Tranquilbass said he might be up for it too I'd need to say to him, plus I'm sure there was somebody else on here that was interested last time I mentioned it.

Edited by AMT

EDIT - I have read American magazine reviews and some of their 60/100 times are pretty damn quick compared to Nissans claimed. So don't know if over the pond Z's are a bit better? lol

Americans have little experience at changing gear. There was some American street racing film on last night (fast and furious??) and the gear changes were abysmal really, I'm presuming they had pro's driving the cars?

Pete

Private farm road of a friends (single track prob wasn't the best but still ), but I'm still dubious of posting such a sad video lol

With good reason, you still need to be a little careful of private roads as some of them are still classed as public areas. I'm thinking all those private roads that have a ton of houses up them that anyone can drive up, and things like supermarket car parks. Basically anywhere the public have very easy access to can be counted, so while your description is probably fine I'd still want to be 100% sure before committing. :)

No don't worry its decently new and flat (why I chose it) and no houses, its in the middle of nowhere really cutting off a main road. Its like a long straight a sharp right then up a hill to the farm, you can get a good....good speed out it, but yes you do have to watch for...bunnies :lol:

Come on you know I'm right. Trying to impress girls who look like this

pollard_228x337.jpg

Seriously though IMO the 350 I know your is a HR but still it doesn't even do 20-60 that fast really. Easily yes but fast meh. IMO it gets much much faster above 70mph as the weight seems to count for less. Thats why I don't take it faster than 70mph it scares me :blush: . A modern diesel or hot hatch wont be too far behind as those relatively slow speeds.

I don't really see the point of this experiment though?

Edited by Dblock