Experiment - How accurate & just how fast is an HR?

AMT

:yawn:

I say again, who cares? One is a jazzed up Mazda 3 with a lot of go from a dull engine and scrabble-city traction, and the other is a full blooded, chest-wig-wearing sports car with a horrible interior. I know which I'd rather be driving.

I say again, who cares? One is a jazzed up Mazda 3 with a lot of go from a dull engine and scrabble-city traction, and the other is a full blooded, chest-wig-wearing sports car with a horrible interior. I know which I'd rather be driving.

Speak for yourself, I may be bald but I have plenty of chest hair :teeth:

Oh and I refer the honorable gentleman to the 4th post on the thread.....

:yawn: indeed ;)

that cant shift an civic type r on a twisty road lol

So would most German diesels.

My standard 123d apparently does 1/4 mile in 14.8 seconds.. id better not mention that. :lol:

Rabbitstew - you can keep telling yourself that, but even to a hardened japcar fan a 350Z is a 350Z. As Dave said, most people cant tell the difference between a 350 and a 370, I doubt many will get excited about the HR's lower engine mounting point TBF ;)

As for the 997 and the Focus .......... seriously? A set of tyres for the Porsche is going to cost what 5 years servicing does on the Focus, the richer man/driving enthusiast/sweeter car will always be in the Porka.

Which is why I said it was more about what the owner of the car felt, rather than peoples perceptions. But even so, on here when there have been threads from people saying "should i buy an HR or a old 276bhp zed" the answer 9/10 is that if you can afford it go for the HR as its a much better car.

And I was referring to the Joe Public`s perception of how much a car cost to purchase rather than the cost of tyres or servicing.

Edited by rabbitstew

Which is why I said it was more about what the owner of the car felt, rather than peoples perceptions. But even so, on here when there have been threads from people saying "should i buy an HR or a old 276bhp zed" the answer 9/10 is that if you can afford it go for the HR as its a much better car.

And I was referring to the Joe Public`s perception of how much a car cost to purchase rather than the cost of tyres or servicing.

The HR is a much better car?? Its better, as it'll be newer, has been revamped and so on.....but get Joe Public to try both on the road and on the track, and I reckon he'd say the HR is slightly better. Prior to buying my 276, I didn't really know there was that much of difference....and I am a confirmed petrol head. If you've got the cash...by the newer one. But wouldn't expect performance times to be that much different.

Same situation with various Evos.....everyone wants the bigger numbers (330, 360 etc)...but I test drove a 300 and a 330 and couldn't tell the difference.

• 3 months later...