Rays Refurb Quote - too high?

Stutopia

Just a quick sounding out hopefully. Had a quote for my Rays to be acid dipped, corrosion & kerbing all sorted and painted in a dark chrome variant. £600.

Seems high to me, but I have no experience in this area at all. I had a similar job quoted with a powder coat finish for £400. Thoughts on these prices anyone?

just paid under £300 to have a set of 19 inch Rotas dipped stripped sorted and coated in shadow chrome... it was only a fiver plus VAT more each wheel for the finish i wanted rather than just a plain silver or black.... £600 is far too much

I'm in Blackpool so it's usually cheap up here. This lot did do me two panel resprays and some corrosion repair and some bump removal for £450, which I thought was bargain prices TBF. Was a little shocked at £600, even with a paint finish instead of powder.

Thanks for the fast responses gang, I'm supposed to be there in 30 to have a look at the colour.

Just been to have a look, really rice finish on some M5 wheels. Liked it.

Moaned about price and he said its a 3 stage finish and that's why £600. However could do anthracite or a deep bronze for £370 including fitting some tyres I may get delivered there. Courtesy car too. All of a sudden seems like a good deal!!

Think either anthracite or bronze would actually be quite nice on a GM.

Thanks for all the feedback and links, really given me something to think about.

This is what was what it would look like, but obviously on Rays.

image_zps86b39ad1.jpg

Damn, I actually quite like those wheels too!

Yeah, for the dip I think.

TBH I was quite pleased with the revised £360 and putting the new rubber on too (I realise it takes no extra effort), given nowhere else will give me a courtesy car or wheels, whilst it's being done. It'd cost me a few quid for a rental or taxi commute, so that makes a big differnece to me.

I'm not worried about the work, the stuff they did before is good quality.

Went to another place, they wanted £380, no courtesy car. They also ran this place down a bit, which I always think is a bit unprofessional IMHO.

I don't know where your located Mate, but I agree with the guys. £600 is a total rip off.

I took mine to a team local to me and got change out of £250. At that rate you could courier them here to Yorkshire, get a great finish done and courier back and still have a lot of change out of £600.

photo.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

The finish is second to none and better than factory by a mile.

Give Brian a call: 0113 287 3005.

PM me and I'll give you more details and a good deal.

Edited by helimeddaz

Yeah you're right Wasso, the photo was for my original enquiry for one of the 50 Shades of Shadow Chrome, he had those in so gave me a bell to have a look. Didn't see the anthracite or bronze in there today. I'm a little concerned something too dark will make the wheels look tiny. I quite liked that finish but I'm not paying that price.