How do you argue with stupid people?

twobears

I work with teenagers, most of my working career is spent debating/discussing/arguing with people who don't understand either a logical solution, or that they are wrong, a..... ffs.

RT, as you know I design schools and I always leave space for what I call the correction area. This consists of a room, about 6 m2, soundproof, and with secure shackles built into the masonry where the kids can be 'conditioned' .....

..... Do you not have one of those in your school ?

:wink:

We have a behaviour unit of sorts, which I happen to work in 2 days a week, don't need to beat them, it usually works if you can out talk them, out bravado them, basically verbally put them in there place. But the trick is not to belittle them or pick on them, otherwise you lose their respect. And to be honest 90% of getting difficult students to do things they don't want to do is all down to mutual respect. I don't shout or yell at students, if you do you've already lost as you've got no where else to go. I just tell them how it is. And yes apparently according to friends and family I supposedly have the patience of a saint.

• Like 1

Hugh, I would have put "... to whom I'm referring" ;) You're the grammar brains on here though (although I did go to a grammar school :lol: ) so you can put whatever you bloomin' well like :D

of coarse your write Annie ... neva end a sentanse wiv a preposition if you can fined anuver wurd to end it wiv ... I shud of nown shudnt eye

:)

Edited by ATTAK Z

There's one on here that you can't argue with; and I think Annie knows whom I'm referring to.

thinking about it should that be who rather than whom ?

Either way, I'm going to be desperately disappointed if that person isn't me! :lol:

I like arguing with stupid people, as you get to tie them up in knots with ease. It's the silence just afterwards too, when everything clicks and they realise for that split second just how stupid they are,

There's one on here that you can't argue with; and I think Annie knows whom I'm referring to.

thinking about it should that be who rather than whom ?

Either way, I'm going to be desperately disappointed if that person isn't me! :lol:

I like arguing with stupid people, as you get to tie them up in knots with ease. It's the silence just afterwards too, when everything clicks and they realise for that split second just how stupid they are,

Not you Dan :)

We have a behaviour unit of sorts, which I happen to work in 2 days a week, don't need to beat them, it usually works if you can out talk them, out bravado them, basically verbally put them in there place. But the trick is not to belittle them or pick on them, otherwise you lose their respect. And to be honest 90% of getting difficult students to do things they don't want to do is all down to mutual respect. I don't shout or yell at students, if you do you've already lost as you've got no where else to go. I just tell them how it is. And yes apparently according to friends and family I supposedly have the patience of a saint.

You've gone all sensible on me Rich ... where's the happy-go-lucky, couldn't give a flyin' feck, all singin' all dancin' rtb I used to know ?

Welcome to my world. Stupid, Drunk all the same. You cant reason with either.

I had the pleasure of witnessing you deal (very politely) with a couple of stupid people a couple of years ago ... I didn't hear everything you said but the last word sounded like 'off' ... and that's exactly what they did ... at great speed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Simple. Assume that the vast majority of people you will meet or interact with on any given day are likely to be stupid idiots and then allow yourself to be pleasantly surprised when, from time to time, somebody turns out not to be. ;)

• Like 1