350Z Vertical Tonneau Cover / Boot Divider

14N

Hi everyone, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. It now appears that a couple of fellow forum members are now making their own dividers and selling them on here as a registered trader (after purchasing one of mine first) and also on eBay where I originally started selling mine.

I'd just like to thank everyone (of the 60+) I've made a divider for for their support and custom and thank you for allowing me to make something for your prized Zed.

The pocket money came in handy (and it was pretty much all spent back on the Zed :lol: , but now it looks like I've got some good ol' fashioned competition. It does seem one of the sellers is concerned about the quality of 'other' dividers though as their listing states "Please don't be fooled by the replica designes of these now being advertised on eBay".

Sorry, just having a sulk :(

Hi everyone, I guess it had to happen sooner or later. It now appears that a couple of fellow forum members are now making their own dividers and selling them on here as a registered trader (after purchasing one of mine first) and also on eBay where I originally started selling mine.

I'd just like to thank everyone (of the 60+) I've made a divider for for their support and custom and thank you for allowing me to make something for your prized Zed.

The pocket money came in handy (and it was pretty much all spent back on the Zed :lol: , but now it looks like I've got some good ol' fashioned competition. It does seem one of the sellers is concerned about the quality of 'other' dividers though as their listing states "Please don't be fooled by the replica designes of these now being advertised on eBay".

Sorry, just having a sulk :(

I have a sentence for them which contains backstabbing and cheap, but the rest of the words aren't family forum friendly :lol:

Sorry bud, just keep chipping away, there are many many people who want one so I'm sure there's still enough to keep you busy :thumbs:

When the time comes I may get you to make me a special one ;)

I'm sure with all the positive comments and recommendations you will still get many more orders :-) your getting closer to mine no 59 :-)) I think it's a bit off when one has bought one of yours and now sells them!

Edited by AndyG8nby

Hope you don't stop Ian, I noticed one of our members on your front page waiting list was selling copies on eBay. Thought that was what he was up to, I agree with Zeus imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Don't stop, I was hoping for you to restart when you finished your current batch so I could get a genuine original from you.

• Like 1

I think I was one of Ian's first customers for his divider and as I mentioned to him then he was selling them way TOO cheaply!

A top quality item, great price and I hope people keep using his workmanship.

The original AND the best!

David

• Like 1

Guys, thank you guys, I really do appreciate the support and your comments.

Kyle, if you want to send me a PM with the words you couldn’t use publicly feel free :teeth: And also let me know what your requirements for your ‘special’ divider would be and I’ll do whatever I can – when you’re ready of course. :thumbs:

David, you did certainly get one of the early editions and I'm pleased it's still serving you well. In a few years we may see you on a 'cash in the attic' type program with a crowd of impressed onlookers whispering "look, he's got an original early edition" :lol:

Now the monsoon season has passed, it’s getting a little warmer and the nights are starting to draw out again, I should be able to continue chipping away at the list. And with the understanding that any new additions will have a bit of an extended wait, I’m going to re-open it for orders. So cmck and lbart, again, thanks you, you've now kicked off the 2014 list :thumbs: I'll PM you when yours are (just about) ready :)

I’ll simply just have to put the price of my bonnet dampers up to compensate for the loss in revenue due to the competition :stir:

These look awesome, will probably be PM'ing you soon Ian for one with a orange Z if you wouldnt mind :) Just need to spend my monies on a few other parts so ill message you when i can to confirm me to the list.

PS. The last line on your siggy is brill!

• Like 1

Hi Rocky, they ARE awesome :teeth::thumbs:

Just let me know when you're ready bud. There's still a bit of a wait at the mo, so no worries, being added to the list doesn't mean I need payment. I'll only request it when your divider is ready.

OK, I figured I'd come up with something different for this year. So I'm now pleased to announce my new design for 2014, allowing more choice for those that want a little more, erm, 'individuality'.

Aswell as offering the Z as a raised feature, I can now also offer for a small extra cost of £5 (cos there's a bit more time involved :teeth: ) it as a 'cut out' with whatever you like placed behind it. I've given some examples below to give an idea of what could be used.

How about a Silver Z

Divider1_zps250aea6f.jpeg

Or an Azure

Divider2_zps3c97a904.jpeg

Maybe a rising sun

Divider3_zpsb2529fe2.jpeg

Or some carbon fibre

Divider5_zpsa2ce8495.jpeg

Maybe even orange carbon

Divider4_zps880bc216.jpeg

Or just some random picture you had lying around.... :teeth:

Divider6_zpse8bb3cfd.jpeg

The possibilities are endless and the choice is entirely yours.

I will of course still be making the 'original' dividers and if you're currently on the waiting list, you do have the option of either, so please let me know ASAP which you'd prefer and what colours/style you'd like if it's a new design. Please just drop me a PM with your requirements.

Please bare in mind the pics above were taken using my 'first edition prototype' that I made just to see if the idea worked. The top half of the divider has not been bonded to the bottom, so the material between the 2 halves is not 'pressed' in the photos.

Thanks for looking :thumbs:

Cheers Billy :thumbs:

Another advantage of the divider is, it means you don't see your mates ugly mug every time you look in the mirror :lol:

6F0C9A23-940D-437A-A827-0B8F4A863AB6_zpsbpie1syx.jpg

• Like 1

No problem Beechy52, :welcome: to the forum. I'll send you a message soon to confirm your requirements and give you payment details.

Many thanks,

Ian :)