Another rays refurb idea thread

kris

Having just put orange vinyl lip on my bronze 19" Rota's they certainly make the wheels look smaller, they look like 18's. Also I think with a lip it needs to contrast as much as possible from the wheel colour, dark wheels to bright rim, whereas GM is a slightly lighter colour and blue isn't the brightest.

This . . . .

350z_bcb_02.jpg

looks way better than this . . . . .

B6F177B9-1389-4687-8341-B78A91D01152-386-0000002B43881C5B.jpg

...... because the first set of wheels are not standard rays. I dont think the standard ray look that good when done in multiple colours. I think you would be better to keep the wheels the same colour as they are B) , and change the Brembo's to Blue :thumbs: (IMO)

This . . . .

350z_bcb_02.jpg

looks way better than this . . . . .

B6F177B9-1389-4687-8341-B78A91D01152-386-0000002B43881C5B.jpg

...... because the first set of wheels are not standard rays. I dont think the standard ray look that good when done in multiple colours. I think you would be better to keep the wheels the same colour as they are B) , and change the Brembo's to Blue :thumbs: (IMO)

here's my blue brembos with 19's Linea Corse wheels, have a search around the gallery as SMD has a good picture of his Rays with blue brembos

P3310032-1.jpg

Not feeling blue on the rays- not spokes, definitely not a lip. Go for plain anthracite or shadow chrome. If you want colour get the calipers done but dont limit yourself to blue, several colours could work. Here's my azure with red calipers and wheels painted smoked chrome including the lips

3A516E01-3D4F-40C0-A37A-E472824F7E65-2785-00000280FA22F8A7.jpg

To be honest red goes with the majority of colours on most cars. I had a few red touches on the zed. Would love to go with a funky colour on the skyline calipers but with a few red touches already there and more coming it's gonna have to be red again, maybe a different shade though

Not seen red calipers on a standard zed yet?