new DRL reflectors made, fitted and wired up - pic heavy!

Jo3ly

They look fantastic, truly professional.

So the big question is: When will you be making and selling them as kits?

haha i hadnt really thought about making kits up really. It wasnt the cheapest mod as i had to buy the clear facelift reflectors, the wiring/relay/fuse parts, a switch, the LED's, plus all the wires and trunking for the installation...

i have flush fitted a cut off switch under the bonnet by the brake fluid reservior as well which is pretty cool. will get a pic up of that later...

I wondered why you had the cover off :)

They look brilliant. And your number plate makes sense now, why so glow ;)

I wasn't going to mention the plate but seeing as you have, that spacing deserves a fine....

if it makes you feel better, the money ive spent on numberplate fines over the last 5 years could probably buy me another Zed!

and cheers everyone, glad they have gone down well :)

am happy to make a few of these sets up for people but the longest part of this was the install! lots of poking around with a multimeter to find headlight feeds and ignition lives etc...

I wasn't going to mention the plate but seeing as you have, that spacing deserves a fine....

if it makes you feel better, the money ive spent on numberplate fines over the last 5 years could probably buy me another Zed!

:wacko:

I was told if you get caught 3 times the DVLA take the personal plate off you to stop you doing it again? If not, then my mini one will be going back on tonight! :lol:

worth it for such an epic plate ;)

I agree with mkost numberplate laws, but spacing is a stupid law, as-long as the text doesnt overlap ofcourse.

haha cheers, i totally agree with that too. ive got the legal sizes, letters, font, even got the british standard stamp...just a few spaces out.

Ive seen brand new cars off the forecourt with no space in the middle of the plate! If you cant work out Y S0 6LOW is YS06 LOW then god help us...

anyway rant over, back to the lights :)

These REALLY look good. I have seen a few threads on here with similar approaches but his is the smartest i've seen. As others say, if you go into production let me know too!! Haha.

Maybe a newbie question, but will the facelift (clear) relfectors fit into a prefacelift car? Mine is an 04, but i would like to try similar.

Matt :)

These REALLY look good. I have seen a few threads on here with similar approaches but his is the smartest i've seen. As others say, if you go into production let me know too!! Haha.

Maybe a newbie question, but will the facelift (clear) relfectors fit into a prefacelift car? Mine is an 04, but i would like to try similar.

Matt :)

Short answer = no

Long answer = maybe, if you can do bodywork and transfer the facelift section of the bumper over onto a pre-facelift or even fabricate/modify the mounting points of a pre-facelift to accept a set of facelift reflectors :thumbs: