Buying a 350z from Trade-link.

Agr07

Well I was sitting on the fence for the first page, but i'm now definitely in the I wouldn't bother camp.

Selling to enthusiasts whether you like it or not is a different from your average joe, by definition they tend be festidious so you need to be prepared for some very knowledgable/opinionated customers and know how to deal with them. In my experience the best companies tend to accomodate these and/or counter anything they believe is misguided with a reasoned and factual response.

Throwing your toys out of the pram is unlikely to have the same effect.

Edited by Zulu Zed
  • Like 1

Yes I think the bashing of trade-link has gone a bit far now people

:yawn:

Well I was sitting on the fence for the first page, but i'm now definitely in the I wouldn't bother camp.

Selling to enthusiasts whether you like it or not is a different from your average joe, by definition they tend be festidious so you need to be prepared for some very knowledgable/opinionated customers and know how to deal with them. In my experience the best companies tend to accomodate these and/or counter anything they believe is misguided with a reasoned and factual response.

Throwing your toys out of the pram is unlikely to have the same effect.

B)

You started it... :clap: :clap:

I still think its Trade-links partner that started the thread, and its backfired like a shotgun to the face!

You said the same thing about me when I asked about a dealer in Bolton......Although to be fair, you may be correct on this occasion.

You started it... :clap: :clap:

I still think its Trade-links partner that started the thread, and its backfired like a shotgun to the face!

Mate I've been thinking that all morning you know

I'm sure s20004u did that a couple of times on other forums.

I CAN TAKE BANTER!!!!!!!!!!! Being called "retarded" is slightly rude and an "idiot" when you have no grounds for that is also particularly unpleasant...

OK I get it... You hate traders or have little to no time for them because quite simply you are probably jealous...

In life, you can quite easily slate something you don't know about. Half the people on here are probably IT boffins that have never even had their zed sideways!!!!!!!

They would long to do my job for a living. Taking my time looking, picking up a 350z for a good price, do a few bits to it. (not change the tyres tho when there is no need), advertise it, and then sell the car for a modest, un-greedy profit. The customer is getting a nice car at a nice price and i';m paying off my mortgage. Wheres the crime?? If the people i'm buying from don't begrudge it, then neither should you!!!!!

And for anyone that says ooohhh bad attitude. I think you will find i am just sticking up for myself. Simple as that. Throwing my toys out of the pram would be very easy but i will now throw the gauntlet down...

If anyone is on the owners club and has actually bought a car off me then please come forward. That is if you're not worried about what your zed buddies might say... Be honest. The feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Ha imagine if Seb had started the thread. Funny stuff.

My Fairlady..You are saying you would sell a Zed to one of my friends on here with "stretched tyres" (only by 7%).

Would you turn up at the inquest and say "yes I knew the tyre size was wrong" but a profit is a profit..!!

If the Judge is lenient you will only get between 3 to 4 years..!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Im actually reeling at this, what utter, utter, utter crap. The tyres arent stretched, they arent the correct profile and while thats not a great thing, contrary to popular belief it doesnt mean you are going to instantaneously explode in a fireball when you turn the key. It certainly isnt illegal, I personally wouldnt expect a dealer to know every foible of every car in the world either, Ive litle doubt the previous owner put them on.

Sure, our man the dealer doesnt seem to have the best PR skills in the world but once again the 350Z-UK overreacts massively because our cars are so incredibly powerful, lightweight and difficult to drive that a 5mm difference in tyre sidewall means this guy is a murderer in the making. Get real. :yawn:

Myfairlady, Id be more than interested to hear details of any sub 5K, never mind 4K cars youve got going as I fancy another one as a track weapon, Im also a realist and wouldnt expect it to be perfect for that money.

• Like 1

public relations

pl.n. Abbr. PR

(used with a sing. verb)
The art or science of establishing and promoting a favorable relationship with the public.

(used with a pl. verb)
The methods and activities employed to establish and promote a favorable relationship with the public.

(used with a sing. or pl. verb)
The degree of success obtained in achieving a favorable relationship with the public
  • Like 1

On some of the comments about the tyres I find myself with docwra. The cars aren't priced at the top end of the market and tyres can be changed. The difference is 10% equally back and front so I wouldn't have thought that was a major safety issue - just a gearing/speedo one. I have certainly bought cars from quite well known names with less than perfect tyres.

Having said that, if was running a business of this type I would see this forum as a major opportunity so I think I would respond differently and less defensively (even though provoked) - maybe even inviting feedback - maybe even a "come and see us day" or similar. I think also that selling into the "enthusiast" community, there is a tendency for potential owners to be somewhat more anal/fussy about some of the detail. Given the cars appeared to be priced sensibly I can see nothing to be gained by overstating anything (so... for example... why describe wheels as "GT Lightweight" when they are actually the V1 Touring wheels that are the heaviest of all).... but that could just have been an innocent error.

It all seems a bit of a shame to me because the dealer obviously does care what people think and sadly in the selling business perception is everything.

My Fairlady..You are saying you would sell a Zed to one of my friends on here with "stretched tyres" (only by 7%).

Would you turn up at the inquest and say "yes I knew the tyre size was wrong" but a profit is a profit..!!

If the Judge is lenient you will only get between 3 to 4 years..!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Im actually reeling at this, what utter, utter, utter crap. The tyres arent stretched, they arent the correct profile and while thats not a great thing, contrary to popular belief it doesnt mean you are going to instantaneously explode in a fireball when you turn the key. It certainly isnt illegal, I personally wouldnt expect a dealer to know every foible of every car in the world either, Ive litle doubt the previous owner put them on.

Sure, our man the dealer doesnt seem to have the best PR skills in the world but once again the 350Z-UK overreacts massively because our cars are so incredibly powerful, lightweight and difficult to drive that a 5mm difference in tyre sidewall means this guy is a murderer in the making. Get real. :yawn:

Myfairlady, Id be more than interested to hear details of any sub 5K, never mind 4K cars youve got going as I fancy another one as a track weapon, Im also a realist and wouldnt expect it to be perfect for that money.

DOCS BACK!!!!! Dude where have you been! The place has been too quiet without your edgy banter :wink:

Docwra. Hello. Finally some kind of sense... I have nothing for under the 5k mark but am picking up blue fairlady tomorrow, 80k, big brake kit, coilovers, and once returned safely to Kings Langley a lovely set of genuine 18" Rota alloys in white. It will be 5990 on the website and will be very reasonable at that money...

Failing that I have a gunmetal fairlady done 92k, st spec, brembos, leather but no heated seats, everything else though. gunmetal grey. black asuko racing 18" lowered on tein springs, full stainless steel exhaust, aux belts, clutch and flywheel just done. 5990 aswell.

If anyone is interested check facebook "nissan zed" for all new arrivals or the website tradelinkcars.co.uk

Greg.

NeilMH thanks for your comments. I was going to suggest such a day and I welcome feedback. I am not a flash in the pan merchant and hope to build a good relationship with the members of owners club if possible.

As I said mate your already 10 steps ahead of any other 'slated' trader because you've bothered to come on here and even engage with anyone. Cool your jets a little and you get to tap into about 100 newbies a month who are looking for a zed. :thumbs:

Edited by Ricey

Superstu i didn't mean to offend... I was trying to make a point badly. I don't hate IT personel that much. Sorry. All forgiven if you go sideways...

No worries, that comment aside I'd have stayed well out of it and enjoyed my popcorn because I'm a total noob and know nothing, and I've never been fully sideways because the idiot proofing electronics always save me when I get over confident (is anyone else too scared to turn off the traction control in February?). These Zed forum guys basically made me buy a Zed by being so helpful, knowledgable and tolerant of my daft questions, I have nothing but respect for them (although some of the colour choices I've seen do freak me out).

• Like 1

Superstu i didn't mean to offend... I was trying to make a point badly. I don't hate IT personel that much. Sorry. All forgiven if you go sideways...

(is anyone else too scared to turn off the traction control in February?).

Mines off every time its dry and not freezing :D did have a bit of a scare when it tried to go sideways at 50mph in the damp whilst I was going in a straight line :blink::wacko:

All that said, we love 350zs and Fairlady imports

Whilst ever they turn you a profit ;)

Which is absolutely fine by the way, but, enthusiast you are not and that is what you are up against on here, i cant really include myself as i have not been here long enough or even own a Zed, "yet".

If someone buys a Zed from you with tyres not to manufacturers sizes, notice i didnt say wrong size as i am with Docwra, 5mm will affect nothing more than speedo reading imho, they are the perfect punter for you. However an enthusiast will pick this up and you have to expect a question surrounding it especially on the 350z forum, there is probably a lot of other things an enthusiast will notice too, its not right or wrong, its just some will be more precise with what they expect, arguing pros or cons will not get you anywhere, so its pointless discussing whether you think its right or wrong, dangerous or not, merely because its not to oem spec that raises their suspicions as to why.

But back to my first comment, you will be long gone and turning a profit on whatever other car you deem popular when most of the owners will still be here, "loving" their Zeds.

• Like 1

But back to my first comment, you will be long gone and turning a profit on whatever other car you deem popular when most of the owners will still be here, "loving" their Zeds.

In fairness: 1) That may or may not be true and 2) Many Z owners have owned other cars in the past and will in the future - I am a good example. Right now I'm into the Zed but who knows what might take my fancy in the future.

I do agree with what you say about enthusiasts and their buying behaviour however.

Z-newbie just like to back you up as just joined this site in the outcome that I will be a proud owner of a z next week from your garage good customer service from my visit today which was out of the blue and resulted in a sale with the little extras that I wanted to make it an extra special z, so do me proud next week when pick her up and gladly back you and your business up against this negative feedback.

Kind regards

Split