Buying a 350z from Trade-link.

Agr07

Haha look at them tyres!

Fronts are 225/35/18's!

Whats wrong with a 35 profile? Am I missing something!

With the new 35 profile it makes the tyres over 7% out over the original rolling radius.

You can use a 35 profile but the width needs to be changed to keep the radius the same :)

I actually live about 5 mins down the road from these guys and been to look at a car there before.

The car I went to look at had been in an accident and repaired to a "immaculate standard".

So I phoned up, asked to go have a look and was there in a few minutes. Arrived and saw the car sitting outside. First thing I noticed was the whole bumper and wing wasn't aligned. Anyways, I asked to have a look inside, the guy gave me the keys and said "have a look yourself" whilst standing outside his shop on his phone and having a fag. Completely not interested in making the sale obviously. After about 10mins of looking over it myself I asked if he could take me out for a drive. His response was "car park not big enough for ya?" So I bit my lip, attempted to start the car several times, but failed, eventually it started but made some horrible noises, popped the bonnet and had a look. This was when I saw the extent of the repair damage and how badly the bonnet and wing had been put back on.

Slammed the bonnet back down and took it for a drive in the 50yards of room I had.

Parked the car back up and went in search of the guy to see what he wanted for it. I asked if he would be repairing the damage and sorting the starter motor fault, to which he replied no, and asking if he would take any money off for it, he replied with "no, this will be gone by next week"

I said I'll think about it and left.

Spoke to my next door neighbour who is a mechanic and asked if he knew them he said "yeah, they don't really have a clue what they're doing, they buy junk and put the price up."

This was my experience anyways, and wouldn't even think about going to look at a car there again.

• Like 3

Hi,

As some of you may be aware I'm on the hunt for a 350z.

Now their seems to be dealer who goes through a few 350z's called Trade-links

http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/

Anyone from here used before ?

Anyone know reason why I should or shouldn't buy from this company ?

Any information would be great Thank you.

Anthony.

I was looking at the very same site last week. I enquired about one of the 350's and it turned out to be a cat C write off. I would be inclined to avoid.

James.

Hi,

As some of you may be aware I'm on the hunt for a 350z.

Now their seems to be dealer who goes through a few 350z's called Trade-links

http://www.tradelinkcars.co.uk/

Anyone from here used before ?

Anyone know reason why I should or shouldn't buy from this company ?

Any information would be great Thank you.

Anthony.

I am glad you asked this question as i am in the market for a Zed too and seen these guys have a fair few and constantly changing stock. Also realised a lot where imports, some fresh imports which is a bit bizarre with the jdm import market being pretty flat due to the shocking exchange rate, so suspicions were aroused.

I have also noticed cars selling cheap on ebay and then appearing as trade adds for a mark up, not sure this is a new thing, but guess dealers are scouring ebay/gumtree/pistonheads etc too

Pleased to have a had a heads up on these chaps though, thanks :)

HOLY JESUS!!!!!!!

First of all let me say that none of us at Tradelink smoke!!

We are two very health conscious individuals and attend the gym more than 4-5 times per week.

We would also never give someone the keys to a vehicle and let them test drive the car on their own, because they are not insured to do so.

The vehicle in question, that someone has looked at, (from locally), that was damaged repaired was advertised as so. CAT C, repaired, "suitable for parts or track use". The car in question was also for sale for less that 4k pounds. A cheap donor vehicle or basis for a track car. Also a UK GT model??

We have a lot of 350z stock turnover and have never had a complaint yet.

We have a lot of stock on our website and are in the motor trade so it is inevitable that we will look on all the websites for decent examples and try to sell on!! This is our living and if you went to work, (everyone on here surely does)??? you would not expect to work for free!!

Fortunately we always accept criticism and don't see it as an insult. There is such a thing as constructive criticism and that is appreciated.

We aren't able to buy from we buy any car as their vehicles are sent to the larger BCA auctions across the UK so this is FACTUALLY WRONG and we pride ourselves on not buying from them. 90% of the cars we buy come from private individuals and the rest from known contacts within the motor trade. We are able to look at the service history, drive the car and look over mechanically before purchase.

All that said, we love 350zs and Fairlady imports and wish to be a part of the owners club. We are not looking to sell on here and for us it serves as a good tool as to what enthusiasts are currently interested in.

If anyone was to buy a car from us, they can be inspected by Japex just down the road. They do some of our servicing work and we have a longstanding relationship with them.

Greg - Tradelink. (myfairlady).

There is also a white 350z still on our website which IS and WAS advertised as a cat c.(it is now sold) If the ad was read properly then it would have been discovered before the phone call It is also an 05 UK gt, professionally painted in white and covered 48k genuine miles. The advertised price of 5990 was very reasonable for such a car and it remains on our website to gather interest for another 1 we are having made for us, as white ones seem to be very popular. Again not a crime but there seems to me to be an air of let get tradelink today!!!!!!!!!

nothing is wrong with a 35 profile, especially with rays wheels and 25mm spacers i think it looks good!!!!

It looks gash, you could house a small family under them arches.

From the post Luke made it sounds like typical traders customer service - Non existant!

My advice for the OP! Get a private sale - Plenty for sale on here!

nothing is wrong with a 35 profile, especially with rays wheels and 25mm spacers i think it looks good!!!!

You did so well with your first two posts then ruined it with the last unfortunately! ;)

With a 35 profile on the standard 225 front width then the tyres are 7% out on the rolling radius. By the looks of it the back tyres are out too so TRC will have a field day!

Would 100% put me off buying the car as it could possibly show the rest of the car hasnt been looked after correctly. I am sure you will get a sale though....!

• Like 1

Hmm Seems i have set something off here.

But im willing to give greg and rest of his company a chance. We have been in contact before this thread & just waiting on photo's to see if i really want to go down and have view off a car.

Ant

HOLY JESUS!!!!!!!

First of all let me say that none of us at Tradelink smoke!!

We are two very health conscious individuals and attend the gym more than 4-5 times per week.

We would also never give someone the keys to a vehicle and let them test drive the car on their own, because they are not insured to do so.

The vehicle in question, that someone has looked at, (from locally), that was damaged repaired was advertised as so. CAT C, repaired, "suitable for parts or track use". The car in question was also for sale for less that 4k pounds. A cheap donor vehicle or basis for a track car. Also a UK GT model??

We have a lot of 350z stock turnover and have never had a complaint yet.

We have a lot of stock on our website and are in the motor trade so it is inevitable that we will look on all the websites for decent examples and try to sell on!! This is our living and if you went to work, (everyone on here surely does)??? you would not expect to work for free!!

Fortunately we always accept criticism and don't see it as an insult. There is such a thing as constructive criticism and that is appreciated.

We aren't able to buy from we buy any car as their vehicles are sent to the larger BCA auctions across the UK so this is FACTUALLY WRONG and we pride ourselves on not buying from them. 90% of the cars we buy come from private individuals and the rest from known contacts within the motor trade. We are able to look at the service history, drive the car and look over mechanically before purchase.

All that said, we love 350zs and Fairlady imports and wish to be a part of the owners club. We are not looking to sell on here and for us it serves as a good tool as to what enthusiasts are currently interested in.

If anyone was to buy a car from us, they can be inspected by Japex just down the road. They do some of our servicing work and we have a longstanding relationship with them.

Greg - Tradelink. (myfairlady).

You can't say luke0459 is wrong if that's his experience. Unless your saying he's blatantly lying?

I'm not siding with either btw.

when i was looking i also came across the white one on ebay, phoned them up, and i have never been so uncomfortable in my life, i thought i dialled straight into Football Factory or Green Street or something, I was then told quite bluntly to phone his partner back at the office to which the attitude didnt improve.

After scouring ebay i actually found the old owner of the car who advised me of a few things.

The car is probably decent, but by god!!!!! sort your attitudes out, dont mumble or groan because someone wants to listen to the exhaust note over the phone.

As guessed i never enquired again.

when i was looking i also came across the white one on ebay, phoned them up, and i have never been so uncomfortable in my life, i thought i dialled straight into Football Factory or Green Street or something, I was then told quite bluntly to phone his partner back at the office to which the attitude didnt improve.

After scouring ebay i actually found the old owner of the car who advised me of a few things.

The car is probably decent, but by god!!!!! sort your attitudes out, dont mumble or groan because someone wants to listen to the exhaust note over the phone.

As guessed i never enquired again.

Oh dear - Not sounding great at all!