Major JAAAAG project ...Update Feb 2018

leonk

Thanks guys. The bodyshop will be sending me pictures and I will be trying to call in to have a look. Either way they want me to sign everything off before it goes into colour. It's a shame I'm so busy at work otherwise I'd be down there every day. Probably a blessing really as I think they'd get fed up of me. As soon as I get more pics, I'll post them up. In the meantime this is what I'm hoping to achieve..

jaguar_e-type_series_i_roadster_4_4by3ratio.jpg

jaguar_e-type_series_i_roadster_3_4by3ratio.jpg

1968-Jaguar-E-Type-stretched-interior.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C150%3A150&crop=150%3A150%3B%2A%2C%2A

Edited by leonk
  • Like 3

Don't start! :lol: Racing green was an option but in the end I really like the gunmetal / red leather combination. Looks better in this one...

55290085-300-0@2x.jpg?rev=1

Hold on just one cotton pickin' minute . . . . any colour other than Dodge RAM Ignition Orange is just wrong!!

Perfect, don't listen to these loons ;) Classic.

You calling me a loon? :boxing:

:lol:

• Like 1

Don't start! :lol: Racing green was an option but in the end I really like the gunmetal / red leather combination. Looks better in this one...

55290085-300-0@2x.jpg?rev=1

In all seriousness is going to look lovely :cloud9: Excellent colour combo IMO B)

• Like 2

:lol: :lol:

As I recall, there is also a very delightful deep dark blue (can't remember its name though)

or

because its such an iconic car ---------- something really loud and garish :blush::surrender:

Whats wrong with Lime Green ?????

Thanks for your input Chris, and after much careful and time consuming consideration your suggestion has unfortunately been rejected....

While it was an original Jaguar colour option, it is infact effing hideous. :lol:

willow-green-jaguar-e-type-3.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for your input Chris, and after much careful and time consuming consideration your suggestion has unfortunately been rejected....

While it was an original Jaguar colour option, it is infact effing hideous. :lol:

willow-green-jaguar-e-type-3.jpg

OK I will coincide that there are better colours than that ^^^^^^ shade of green, but if you decide to go with a non original colour then I can highly recommend Kawasaki Green ;)

• Like 1

and...

OK I will coincide that there are better colours than that ^^^^^^ shade of green, but if you decide to go with a non original colour then I can highly recommend Kawasaki Green ;)

It's weird how on one classic it looks terrible but on a different one it actually works and really suites the character of the car. Keyser green it is then, all I need now is to ask Dan where he got his rear wing from. :lol:

gA_800.jpg

Just an excuse to get a picture of a Lamborghini Miura into my build thread. ;)

Edited by leonk
  • Like 1

Back to a bit of progress update. As a break from cleaning the garage, I decided to strip the engine down. I'm good at pulling stuff apart, it's just the putting it back together that seems to take a long time :lol: What was good is that I found the engine number on the flywheel as well as the crankshaft further backing up the evidence that it is an original matching numbers car. I know it's a bit anoraky but it was a nice find. The internals and crankshaft all seen in good condition and the bearings are original "std" size bearings (pic 3) so plenty of scope for a regrinding if worst comes to the worst.

DSC_1587_zpspcowt9f6.jpg

DSC_1588_zpsswyqrkmh.jpg

_20160617_000308_zps8nh9z6e4.jpg

• Like 1

Errr it seems you only took 5 pistons out now I'm no expert but I thought the E type was a straight 6 - was it down on power by any chance? :lol:

Nice work mate :thumbs:

Whats the plan full overhaul or just a quick spruce up?

Only you would pick up on that. :lol: The mystery sixth piston was tighter than the others for some reason with surface rust to the cylinder bore. So rather than force it, I drowned it in wd and plus gas and took some pics while I was waiting.

I hope that clears that up CSI Chris. :lol:

A "spruce up"!!!??? In up to my neck so it will now be a full rebuild, fully balanced, new competition pistons and con rods, uprated oil pump and the exciting bit, a D type spec big valve head that I have managed to acquire.

Edited by leonk
  • Like 2

CSI stood down (for now but we are watching you!) :lol:

Sounds like an awesome build mate, look forwards to it - you doing much or sending it out to the pros for that bit?

and where did you find a big valve head laying about?????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not a huge amount to report, just a few pics from today's visit to the bodyshop. Slow progress but the quality of their work is amazing. They have now finished sorting the little bits I'd done that I wasn't happy with mainly on the bonnet. A nice pic of my lowly and humble E type sat between two Ferraris with a combined value of getting on for £1.5 million, lol. The guys that work there are really friendly and down to earth. Apparently some of the customers don't even bother going to look at their cars let alone take biscuits and donuts, haha.

In the meantime not to be outdone by Chris, I've been plasterboarding the garage and fitting low energy led panel lights getting ready for her return. I want it like an F1 workshop ready for the rebuild.

DSC_1615_zpsv8dmkate.jpg

DSC_1622_zpsyus1cees.jpg

DSC_1623_zpsy42ftqrc.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

DSC_1624_zps2f2ibmjp.jpg

Edited by leonk
  • Like 1