Me and My Zed Thread

14N

• 1 month later...

Couple of Zed updates.

My car appeared in the June edition of Fast Car magazine! :yahoo:

Fast%20Car_zpss2xod5t1.jpg

And I finally got the number plate I'd been chasing DVLA for a while for.

I inquired with the DVLA early last year to see if this plate was available for purchase and was very pleased when they responded and said that it was not currently assigned to a vehicle, so they had noted my interest and said it would feature in a future auction. However, they could not tell me when, or which auction :thumbdown: :(

I continued to pester them, offering to purchase the plate outside of the auction process, but was faced with the same responses; "We've noted your interest, it will feature in a future auction, we can't tell you which or when, but we'll let you know".

I'd pretty much given up hope, until last month when I received an email informing me my plate had been released and would be in the next DVLA timed online auction (basically DVLA eBay). Cutting a longer story short (and a very nervous week later) - I won! :yahoo: Fortunately for me, no one else bid and I secured it for the reserve price. :)

For those that don't know me, my name is IAN DOLE, hence the reason I REALLY wanted this plate

03802054-4DC4-4410-A263-7E38917015B1.png_zpsnpl0hsuo.jpeg

Oh and I painted the polished lip on my wheels gloss black as they were looking a little tired (not tyred).

I've found all black rims a bit Marmite, so actually tried black Plastidip first, liked it, then painted and lacquered them. I really like how they've changed the look of the car.

Random B&Q car park phone pic :lol:

9171C31E-3194-4139-AE1A-462E6EF2767D_zpsiar8bnxk.jpg

• Like 4

And if it's too dusty in your garage to paint them, with wind and rain outside, just paint them in your dining room! :lol:

601D18D0-609D-4978-AA46-A651AEEDEF18_zpslyjldxtb.jpg

I'd need a doctor not a spray can if my missus caught me doing that! Ha ha

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Oooookayyyyyy overdue update time. :teeth:

Summer kicked off with a trip to Wales for the forum weekender :thumbs:

522D7300-306D-4E40-9AAA-BBDF13E561B7_zpsrzlkd7ko.jpg

Not long after, things took a turn for the worst (literally). When out for a drive and doing a U-turn into the lay-by to take this photo...

image_zpsaktph9wv.jpeg

This happened :rant::angry:

DFF4402F-E232-40D1-9367-16E0F5BD4CC0_zpsz3cerdso.jpg

That was the Nismo style lip FUBAR'd then :bang:

I was honoured when my friend asked me to take her son to his Prom. Bungs also came out of the K1 for this - and stayed out! :lol:

image_zpsglqbkodx.jpeg

Then it was showtime!! Had a great weekend with a trip to Donington on the Saturday for the Nissan Event Day, then onto Silverstone on the Sunday for Trax.

399322FF-076A-40DD-8F64-5467E3299A48_zpslw4xxyw1.jpg

7651EFB3-995B-46FF-87B0-66C644FC476F_zpsjypa61im.jpg

After Trax, the hunt for a new front lip started. Although the plastidipped centre section was growing on me, I missed having a front lip. I initially wanted something different from the Nismo style lip I had originally. I wanted the GT style lip, but when this one popped up on eBay, and was within driving distance to go pick it up, my mind was made up.

Test fit:

045B3915-3EE9-48AF-AD5A-6BD848309DA0_zps7u57qqbc.jpg

I liked it, a lot actually, but I wasn't keen on leaving it all black, but also wasn't keen on just painting it all Gunmetal either. So I had an idea.... I bought some masking tape, some rattle cans and set to work. And this is what happened. Well chuffed :D:yahoo:

ACA6D580-DE30-4DA0-AC75-ED9495A0BC57_zpsz1ynpeux.jpg

8F779867-A655-4782-93C7-363978820421_zps9fx2wv6s.jpg

Most recently, I went to a 'meet' in Worcester. My car did get quite a bit of attention (which was nice) and I found a few photos on social media the day after. Here are a few of my faves.

image_zpsosm3ophs.jpeg

image_zpswk8qdg91.jpeg

image_zpsf2w4bnox.jpeg

• Like 1

Most recently, I went to a 'meet' in Worcester. My car did get quite a bit of attention (which was nice) and I found a few photos on social media the day after. Here are a few of my faves.

image_zpsosm3ophs.jpeg

image_zpswk8qdg91.jpeg

image_zpsf2w4bnox.jpeg

Looking great! like the idea of a two tone lip.

Can literally see it turn heads in that 1st pic :lol:

• Like 1

Looking great! like the idea of a two tone lip.

Can literally see it turn heads in that 1st pic :lol:

Thanks Deano. Haha :lol: yes I suppose you can! :teeth:

Nah there looking at Ian with his gangster lean on / Vin diesel arm !

:lol: Naaaailed iitt! :thumbs:

image_zpsglqbkodx.jpeg

Then it was showtime!! Had a great weekend with a trip to Donington on the Saturday for the Nissan Event Day, then onto Silverstone on the Sunday for Trax.

Is that a Vauxhall VXR8 on the left hand side? Contemplating getting one after the Z for the LS3, but the damn interior scares me after driving a Vectra and it feeling like a tractor compared to the nice low and hugging seats on the 350z :(

• Like 1