Flip key - nearly sorted

jamesyj

RE JDM -

I will as soon as Jamesyj confirms his working :)

Unless he is going to do one it's his project :thumbs:

I was also wondering if I could put the immobiliser gubbens thing (tech term) inside as on mine it disarms the alarm and unlocks the Zed but my immobiliser key ring is dying :(

It's all good stuff

RT Can you CF Coat these??

Edited by Keyser

I don't see why it wouldn't work?

The only missing link is the transponder but if that can cope with being an extra 1cm away (max by the looks of it) then it should work like normal.

All the gubbins fit together perfectly well.

With that eBay one, you get new buttons too.

RE JDM -

I will as soon as Jamesyj confirms his working :)

Unless he is going to do one it's his project :thumbs:

I was also wondering if I could put the immobiliser gubbens thing (tech term) inside as on mine it disarms the alarm and unlocks the Zed but my immobiliser key ring is dying :(

It's all good stuff

RT Can you CF Coat these??

Anyone is welcome to do a guide. I'll take some proper photies on Saturday morning when it's all working nicely (famous last words)!.

Technically you could glue the transponder to the ignition barrel, not ideal from a security point of view though.

I might just buy one now for the hell of it. Can get the key cut tomorrow so that as soon as it arrives, I can put one together.

Will post up a guide with full pics, but not before spraying it RED :D

Good man!

Done. Will get key cut tomorrow so I can put it together when it arrives on Friday/Saturday.

The blade with the key doesn't look very removable, unless you're a seasoned professional or something?

There's no screws like others that I've seen on the Internet.

Cool key..never understand why manufacturers dont make Flip Keys..They dont

make holes in your pocket...My S500 had a flip key 10 years ago... :thumbs:

Mercs havent had flip keys? w220's didnt. They had a detachable key but you rarely use that?

Cant wait for a guide.

Cool key..never understand why manufacturers dont make Flip Keys..They dont

make holes in your pocket...My S500 had a flip key 10 years ago... :thumbs:

Mercs havent had flip keys? w220's didnt. They had a detachable key but you rarely use that?

Cant wait for a guide.

You really won't need a guide, it's genuinely so simple.

I've decided to use a ball of blu tack to fill the space nearest to the ignition, I'll pack the transponder inside the blu tack. Shouldn't damage the transponder and will keep it safe I guess.

I'd certainly be interested to see the outcome of these. A similar thing with flip keys happened on the Mazda forum I frequent, the problem was the the quality of the key blade was really poor and they were prone to snapping off in the ignition. It was also found that some key cutters wouldnt cut them incase it wasnt right.

If someone could specifically look at the quality and strength of the keyblade it would be useful to know that they are ok...... otherwise Alex might be getting lots of orders for lock sets!

Kev