Wales 2013 Saturday Activity.

glrnet

Go Karting Saturday Afternoon  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this to be included this year?

• Yes
    • No

We have an opportunity to have a go karting event on the Saturday afternoon of the Wales weekend but I want to know how you may feel about this before we go any further with this.

In summary the cost would be around £45 to £50 per person depending on the event chosen etc. If we go ahead it will be here http://www.gygkarting.com/ and is very conveniently placed for roads we will have driven earlier. Timing is likely to be around 13:30/14:00, refreshments can be made available too. Now, I realise that this might not be everybody's cup of tea and there are other options open to you if you prefer not to do this. The Spa at Lion Quays is available to all residents of The Moreton where we are staying and is a couple f minutes down the road from The Moreton, it's their "posh" sister hotel. You could of course find your own alternative entertainment if you wish. For those who may want another drive out we can provide routes that have been previously used that we are not covering this year, we will provide the routes by PM well before the weekend so that you can plot your routes in your sat navs.

If you feel that this is not what you want and would prefer to spend the afternoon at The Moreton car park chatting, drinking and no doubt cleaning your Zed then that is what we will revert to. For those of you who have not been on The Wales Weekend before this what we have done in the past and everyone seems to enjoy the banter amongst old and new friends. For the +1's, please be aware that there is usually a trip to Chester for retail therapy which generally departs the hotel at about 10:00 Saturday morning usually returning between 1600 & 1700.

To gauge response please vote accordingly, initially yes or no, we will discuss options further relating to the karting if the answer is yes but you can find out more by visiting the website http://www.gygkarting.com/

Please ONLY vote if you are attending The Wales Weekend.

Would love to do this, but as we are taking the bikes, I need to see if we can get to it in time. We could do Penmachno in the morning which is 20 mins away, just need to see if we can get from the campsite and do the ride and make it to the karting in time. If not we'd just meet everyone at Moreton instead.

I'm probably going to think on £45/50 that's really expensive for a karting track. But then again these do 65mph!! :clap:

1100m track hmmmm why not just open the barrier and we'll take them out for the Sunday drive :lol:

Q: For that price what are you actually getting?

Im not going to vote on this one due as I will probably not be able to do this due to medical reasons so to speak and Im more than happy to do my own thing in the afternoon if the carting was to go ahead ( You will find me at the bar :lol: )

Awesome idea though and hope it goes ahead for those petrol heads, I went to my first Go karting session last year which was wicked fun.

I'm probably going to think on £45/50 that's really expensive for a karting track. But then again these do 65mph!! :clap:

1100m track hmmmm why not just open the barrier and we'll take them out for the Sunday drive :lol:

Q: For that price what are you actually getting?

Copied straight from their email, I don't know if this represents good value or not, you more experienced guys will have to judge:-

Events on offer for Corporate/Groups are:

Mini Sprint Events - (1100m Circuit) number of drivers 8 to 12 = 3 x 10 minute sessions £45 per driver, 4 x 10 minute sessions £55 per driver (Includes Qualifying followed by Races).

Grand Prix (800m Circuit) minimum number of driver 16 - £45 per driver

or Premier Grand Prix (1100 metre Circuit - British Championship Circuit) minimum number of driver 16 - £55 per driver.

All Grand Prix Events include - 3 heats x 8 laps and a final x 10 laps (for the top 8 drivers). If all drivers wish to have a 10 lap final the cost is an additional £5 per driver).

Endurance Event (1100m Circuit) minimum number of drivers 16 = £110 per team - up to 12 teams of 2 drivers - 20 min Qualifying and 1 hour racing for the team. Also up to 2 hour Endurance for more drivers (£50 per driver).

Events includes trophies, bubbly and timing. Plus an Organisers Pack with individual lap times throughout the event and photograph of the group.

All details are on our website for other variations or call us to discuss your event requirements.

Opening times - 9am to 8pm (Monday to Saturday) and 9am to 6pm (Sunday)

TBH the price it about what I've paid before for proper karting. These things will make you ache in places you didnt know you can ache. I did a Grand Prix one near London (Surbiton), and you're hanging on for dear life after about lap 5! These things have immense grip and speed, well worth the money IMO.

I voted - so did my +1 :lol:

@ Octet - O really like the confidence, will you be showing of you water/meth injection and NOS as well? :p:stir:

:lol:

I'll be busy showing off my SC build, no time for karting :lol: :lol: :lol:

:stir:

@ Keyser: Stop wasting time on the forum, is the Mini ready yet? Half of the parts arrived from US yesterday, the rest of the lot leaving today! :lol: :lol:

Your SPL thing came first, I wish I ordered it as well :cry:

Mini should be a rolloing shell in the next 2 weeks only a week behind shedule :thumbs:

Got a picture of the SPL :cloud9:

See ya soon :ninja:

Would love to do this, but as we are taking the bikes, I need to see if we can get to it in time. We could do Penmachno in the morning which is 20 mins away, just need to see if we can get from the campsite and do the ride and make it to the karting in time. If not we'd just meet everyone at Moreton instead.

I'm with you mate, just need to organise some bike hire in ByC. At Pen, it depends on if you want to do on loop or both. Doing both is a good few hours, but it is fantastic.