370z Road Tax..................How Much?!!!!!!

choptop

As a slight aside, it wouldn't suprise me if at some point we see pre-2006 cars selling for more money than post 2006 cars because of the road tax. If you're looking at spending £5k on a car, £460 in tax a year is nearly 10% of your purchase cost. I wonder if the goverment will reassess the bands at some point, probably not!

Don't forget though the money you buy the tax with has already been taxed (and national insurance deducted) for most people, then the fuel you buy with money that has already been taxed, carries a lot of tax itself. Plus the car itself when first purchased included vat, on money that has already Ben taxed, then you have to pay road tax plus first registration tax.

This country is run by thieves. No wonder they go so lightly on criminals.

Peanuts. It's less than six tanks of fuel.

yeah, but you pay a great big lump of tax on that, too, and all you get in return are roads covered in suspension-wrecking potholes :thumbdown:

ARGH NONE OF THE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH DRIVING GO TOWARDS THE UPKEEP OF THE ROADS :bang:

If you want to pay cheaper VED, buy a different car. It's like people buying a Zed and then moaning it only does 23mpg on average.

ARGH NONE OF THE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH DRIVING GO TOWARDS THE UPKEEP OF THE ROADS :bang:

I realise that, and I think you missed my point, which was that I think many people would be happier about the levels of tax paid if they felt the money was used fairly and provided a good service in return.

Dave

P.S. I for one have never complained about the actual amount paid for the tax, or the fuel consumption of the zed - In fact, I find it rather amusing that my insurance costs less than my tax...

If it makes people feel better my xkr is only £220 a year to tax, its the advantage of buying pre 2001. Anything under 1600cc is £100 and something. Anything over 1600cc is £220. Regardless of if its a 4 pot or a v12 with twin superchargers that only does 2mpg. I'm very happy with the amount of road tax I pay, and I'm in the safer bracket. I'd be more concerned if I was in the 2001-2006 age bracket, as the plan was to bring them up to the same level as post 2006.

If it makes people feel better my xkr is only £220 a year to tax, its the advantage of buying pre 2001. Anything under 1600cc is £100 and something. Anything over 1600cc is £220. Regardless of if its a 4 pot or a v12 with twin superchargers that only does 2mpg. I'm very happy with the amount of road tax I pay, and I'm in the safer bracket. I'd be more concerned if I was in the 2001-2006 age bracket, as the plan was to bring them up to the same level as post 2006.

If that happened I would not get rid of my Z. In fact I would be even more motivated to by a 370z!

• Like 1

A roadster costs more than a coupe to tax if I remember correctly (extra weight & therefore co2 pushes it up a band?). Sure mine cost £475 in September to tax for 12 months (edit - just checked - was £475 I paid).

Edited by rogerxp

A roadster costs more than a coupe to tax if I remember correctly (extra weight & therefore co2 pushes it up a band?). Sure mine cost £475 in September to tax for 12 months (edit - just checked - was £475 I paid).

I did mine for 6 months at a time so ended up costing over 500quid a year.

If my car didnt "bounce" from one pothole to another, then maybe I would not be so pi55ed of

with giving them £460 -00 a year.

Also when the Eastern European car on ROM plates

pays NOTHING (because they take it back to Romania when it need tax and then re-importes it)

and it been here on the same plates for at lease a year or more I tend to get the hump..!!! :rant: :rant:

I'm still amazed at how often I see another 370 - hardly ever!

Since I got my 350.... all I see is bloody 370's! Most of the drivers generally being cocky ...ahems...lol :lol: (beside Chan...maybe :p and the black roadster I met on the M8 :thumbs:)

Hardly see 350's! Used to see them when I wanted one, now I've got mine they've all dissapeared lol.

PS... Tax threads should be banned :ban: ...nothings ever resolved... :lol:

Edited by AMT

My original post seems to have provoked a lot of discussion on the matter.

I still have not decided yet to go down the line of a new 370z. Nothing to do with the road tax. More to do with the amount of money I have to put with my car to get the 370z. I really do not know if it is worth it with the mileage I do in it per annum. I could keep the 350z and buy 3 Dacia Sondero's :thumbs: (That is a joke by the way but it gets you thinking of what else you can get with that sort of money, especially when you add the cost of finance on top of it).

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by Ebized, April 1, 2013 - checking who this is
Hidden by Ebized, April 1, 2013 - checking who this is

is a 2006 onwards worth paying the extra £200 a year on tax over a 2004 model? I know it has the extra 20bhp but what else makes it worth while? thanks, Will