BP SUPER 97 UNLEADED.......?

JEMAN

I don't live anywhere near a Tesco or I'd use their 99Ron stuff.

That's the only super I wouldn't use.

Too many additives (iirc) to get 99 ron.

Handy to know! Like I say, not an issue as I'd have to pass about 3 Shell garages before I got to a Tesco!

I think 5th gear did an experiment with a Golf GTi to see if any of the fuels were better. I seem to remember there being not a huge difference between mpg and performance on the V Power / Super. The 95 stuff was fairly bad and dropped the power output by about 10bhp... Not to mention the issues with engine knock you'd get if you used this in the Zed.

I don't live anywhere near a Tesco or I'd use their 99Ron stuff.

That's the only super I wouldn't use.

Too many additives (iirc) to get 99 ron.

Handy to know! Like I say, not an issue as I'd have to pass about 3 Shell garages before I got to a Tesco!

I think 5th gear did an experiment with a Golf GTi to see if any of the fuels were better. I seem to remember there being not a huge difference between mpg and performance on the V Power / Super. The 95 stuff was fairly bad and dropped the power output by about 10bhp... Not to mention the issues with engine knock you'd get if you used this in the Zed.

I remember that episode. The v-power did best however the bp ultimate didn't fare well at all, only producing 2 or 3 bhp more than 95 Ron

Edited by pbomb

yep, any super is fine - even sainsburys 97. BP ultimate is a bit on the pricey side, but actually seemed to give an extra 1mpg over sainsburys stuff, so actually worked out about the same in terms of cost per mile.

Apparently Sainsbury super is BP super

Anything sold as super unleaded will be fine. It all has to pass the same tests to be able to be sold as that, so it'll do. Most important thing is to buy from a busy petrol station that has a constant turnover of fuel, so you don't get the stale stuff.

As said before (and from personaly annoying these guys too at some point myself... :lol:) ... Anything super will do, mines hasn't seen anything but V-Power yet, there will come a day when Tesco may be involved.... but only if I run out at work lol

I'm down the road from a Shell garage so have only used V-Power for my 4500 miles so far, although stuck in Newcastle last night in traffic I had to use BP and they had no super left, so had to put the cheapo stuff in. Not impressed.

...Hope you only put what you needed in and found another garage! ..and kept those revs down! :bounce: