I'm now (almost) officially a 370Z owner

AJRFulton

Took a car for a test drive today, deposit down, signed the paper work and should be picking up a brand new manual GT Edition in Storm White next Saturday.

I drove the auto version on the test drive today, and after spending the last 4-5wks watching videos of 370Z reviews, I had a good idea what to expect. The car met expectations, indeed exceeding them in some regards. The negative aspects of the car (namely the standard engine note, and road noise), weren't as bad as I thought they would be.

Was really impressed with the 3rd/4th gear range of the car, and at cruising speed found it to be comfortable and a nice place to be.

So after a 5yr hiatus, I finally should have a FR sports car again! Looking forward to it.

you'll realise what a massive difference a new zorst will make once you hear others - if you come over to the wales meet in May - there will be a fair selection to listen to

congrats :thumbs:

Bet you can't wait, cracking cars.

I hope you got one hell of a discount though as you can pick up nearly news one for not a lot of money.

Paying £27k for it new. I really can't grumble at that. I'm self employed so getting used car finance at a competitive rate is hard, I was accepted for Nissans own finance. With that price and Nissan offering 6.9% apr, it isn't too much more expensive than a 2yr old one, with low milage, but paying 15% apr!

you'll realise what a massive difference a new zorst will make once you hear others - if you come over to the wales meet in May - there will be a fair selection to listen to

congrats :thumbs:

Not sure if I'll be at the Wales meet, whilst I work in North Wales, I do live and am from Scotland.

I'll make an effort though. The 370Z is such a rare car, and not something you see every day, I would be interested in seeing what other people are doing to them.

welcome to the 370 fold, better exhaust + uprev will give you soooo much fun !

How does uprev work with warranties?

Congrats.

You said FR again. What other cars have you had?

Had a Z4 3.0si 5yrs ago. Other than that had a 300bhp S3, and a selection of of hot hatches over the years (I'm only 30, and only realistically been able to afford fast decent cars for 6-7yrs). The Z will represent the most powerful car I've owned.

Nice one mate, enjoy the 370z. You have picked the best colour :teeth:

Agree with you there, I see it as the best colour and the best model. However, others may see it different.

Edited by Badgeronimous

Yeah, out of Macklins. I've not had any prior knowledge with them, but Sam has been excellent throughout the sale. The whole process has been pretty positive.

In terms of exhaust, I didn't think it was as bad as is made out in many reviews. However, the engine did seem to need pushed a bit to sound anything like a sports car should. I would agree that it needs changed to give a bit of throat to the exhaust note. I don't want something that drones, as I will be doing 15-20k a year in the car, so I'll perhaps need to research it.

Edited by Badgeronimous