Calling Ricey - Absolutely Fuming!

350Chris

Many thanks Ricey, that gives me an excellent start! I will be in touch regarding my appreciation once this comes to a conclusion B)

Having got home this evening, a neighbour cornered me as I was walking in the door to suggest that I move the car again. The water company had sent a lorry with a grabber on the back to pick up the mud from the hole that they had dug - their intention had been to lift everything over the top of the car!?!? WTF!!!

It was only that he protested that they didn't do it...how stupid can they continue to be bearing in mind that I have already complained! :scare:

This has lead me to add the following;

Having returned home from work on 23rd January 2013, another neighbour has made me aware that a grab loader lorry arrived today with the intention of collecting the debris excavated on 22nd January 2013. Had this neighbour not interveened, the intention of the lorry driver had been to lift the debris over the top of my vehicle. Having still not offered me the opportunity to move the vehicle to safety, it staggers me that this course of action was even considered and I certainly would not expect that to be common practice endorsed by yourselves.

Edited by 350Chris

To be fair, it could've been more careless than vindictive. It happens sometimes, and given that the workmen at least tried to clean it off means they did care about what they did. I'm not saying it's right, and I'd be peeved too, but sometimes people can be thoughtless or under a great deal of pressure to get jobs done.

To be fair, it could've been more careless than vindictive. It happens sometimes, and given that the workmen at least tried to clean it off means they did care about what they did. I'm not saying it's right, and I'd be peeved too, but sometimes people can be thoughtless or under a great deal of pressure to get jobs done.

I can appreciate that. My challenge to the water company is that a site assessment and some warning to those around to give the opportunity to clear thier way - everyone's a winner :surrender:

• 2 weeks later...

Just as an update for anyone bored enough to be reading;

I have a complaint open with the water company, their insurers have been notified as have mine. Mine have the strict instruction not to register this as a calim - only as a notification.

I am gathering quotes together for repair works - so it all becomes a bit of a waiting game from this point on. In the mean time, I have every ambulance chaser in the UK calling me about my 'accident' - my responses to which are getting less and less courteous :angry:

Not in as many words - their insurers are confirming that my neighbours were not aware that the works were going to take place on 22/01 - although I am not sure why that has any bearing.

I am waiting for a final quote for paint and labour but I am not going to start anything until I have it in writing that they will cover the costs of the repairs

Edited by 350Chris

Just as an update for anyone bored enough to be reading;

I have a complaint open with the water company, their insurers have been notified as have mine. Mine have the strict instruction not to register this as a calim - only as a notification.

I am gathering quotes together for repair works - so it all becomes a bit of a waiting game from this point on. In the mean time, I have every ambulance chaser in the UK calling me about my 'accident' - my responses to which are getting less and less courteous :angry:

What's it got to do with your insurers?!

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a long time coming - but having gathered quotes and stated my case..they are paying for the repairs :yahoo:

All in, the cost is pretty eye watering, but once the cheque arrives and I recover from my pprolapsed disk, it's going in to the body shop - I am a happy bunny!