Chrysler 300c SRT8

Ewan27

Yeah I agree the Startech grill looks loads better. When I searched on YouTube all I got was people wheel spinning to "Westside" tunes :) I actually said "apart from the styling" as I know a lot of people dislike the looks, but I'm actually a big fan. It's funny you say that, a group of VXR8's drove past me on the M6 a few months ago and I got a "nod" from one of them who was actually wearing a VXR baseball cap :)

• Like 1

Better mpg than that effing merc I had and it'll be a damn sight quicker too. The reliability may be questionable but I think if memory serves that the engine at least is pretty bullet proof.

Mind you that's what I thought about the merc.....whilst the engine was 'bulletproof' the gear box was about as hardy as a condom filled with bolonese sauce.

There was a decent buyers guide in practical performance car a wee while ago and would be worth checking out the crossfire owners forum some good info on the engine.

The crossfire has the 3.5l v6 merc engine and gearbox from the older SLK ( As its just a re bodied SLK - including interior.)

This is what is in the std 300

The SRT crossfire was a very rare beast indeed but I dont think it was a V8 ( Not sure) but a supercharged V6

Edited by flyboy

I want to hate them but I really like them. One of those cars that's looks like its worth 20k more than it actually cost. Add to that a supercharged V8 and I think your on to a winner. However I can't see it being 'fun' to drive. But that's not what they're about I suppose.

Edited by kris

didn't someone in here have the normal 300c, had some trouble with it and sold it not long after, can't remember who it was tho :blush:

Yep it was Stanski. Thing it was a problem that might happen ? :shrug:

There is a thread about his 300c somewhere.

Better mpg than that effing merc I had and it'll be a damn sight quicker too. The reliability may be questionable but I think if memory serves that the engine at least is pretty bullet proof.

Mind you that's what I thought about the merc.....whilst the engine was 'bulletproof' the gear box was about as hardy as a condom filled with bolonese sauce.

722.6 boxes are good its the radiators which if not checked will cause problems. :wink:

722.6 boxes are good its the radiators which if not checked will cause problems. :wink:

Meh same thing......gearbox died. :lol:

There was a decent buyers guide in practical performance car a wee while ago and would be worth checking out the crossfire owners forum some good info on the engine.

The crossfire has the 3.5l v6 merc engine and gearbox from the older SLK ( As its just a re bodied SLK - including interior.)

This is what is in the std 300

The SRT crossfire was a very rare beast indeed but I dont think it was a V8 ( Not sure) but a supercharged V6

Yes I was speaking rubbish, srt crossfire has supercharged 3.2 v6 same as the amg mercs, like my old slk 32. So ignore my ramblings

Cheers for the input guys. I'm going to check how much more this will be on insurance tomorrow. I understand people don't like the styling, it was more stuff like the radiators mentioned above that I wanted input on. I watched Clarkson rip it, and an M5 rip it apart, but this is a 11K car with less than 50K on the clock, not many chances of getting an M5 like that! Anyone near Preston fancy meeting up on Saturday morning/afternoon?

Yes this is the 5.7L Hemi with 340BPH. As far as I can tell it's only the engine that is up upgraded (on the hardware side) from the standard. The SRT has Bremmo brakes and upgraded suspension, as well as 6.1L engine with 425BHP.