Top Gear is back 27th Jan 13

Wasso

As we all know Top Gear has moved away from a motoring show to a family entertainment show which is a shame but its what makes them money and keeps the ratings up so it will never truly appeal to the avid petrolheads amongst us. Even my mrs enjoys it and she doesn't even like cars!

I just wish Chris Harris would start his own tv show about cars and cars only. His "Drive" on youtube is fantasitc, just proper motoring journalism.

Best bit was the rallying Bentley Continental - awesome driving there by Chris Meeke B)

And anyone recognize some of those Welsh roads that May was driving on ;)

No, the only thing in the Elan Valley I've seen is your arse :)

That is very worrying :scare:

I just wish Chris Harris would start his own tv show about cars and cars only. His "Drive" on YouTube is fantastic, just proper motoring journalism.

+1

Recent Singer 911 piece better than 99% of tv shows. It looks like he's getting the confidence to do near half-hour shows on one subject now, which is just the sort of niche he should be exploiting, and it's great the internet allows him to do that.

I just wish Chris Harris would start his own tv show about cars and cars only. His "Drive" on YouTube is fantastic, just proper motoring journalism.

+1

Recent Singer 911 piece better than 99% of tv shows. It looks like he's getting the confidence to do near half-hour shows on one subject now, which is just the sort of niche he should be exploiting, and it's great the internet allows him to do that.

I thought that at one point but really, it would be a terrible idea. As a youtube show, Chris can do whatever he wants as he has a world-wide audience who can watch the show at their convenience.

If he had to fill an hour every week on prime time, there would be more volume than substance. also he would have to appeal to everyone like TG now does. The ratings wouldn't come in from a TV show that delivers propper (slightly nerdy) car reviews, even if they are entertaining like CH's Vids, so he would be told to make a crappy Hammond style review (which in my opinion is just like watching a hollyoaks actor on a green-screen roller coaster ride) just to get more viewers.

It would ruin him, and he would either get axed, or become the once great sell-out who has lost the respect of the fans that encouraged him onto the TV in the first place.

I do miss his articles in Evo though. you could allways tell a CH review from the first paragraph.

Edited by CrumbMC

Richard Hammond really is a wee Dick. Can't put my finger on why I don't like him, but I don't. I like Clarkson because he doesn't give a toss. The other one is ok too. But that wee Hammond winds me up, over acting I think it's called!

That's easy. He thinks he is funny but simply isn't. He behaves like a teenager when he is way past it. The program deserves better and right now they are letting the film crew down who create some superb footage. In fact I'd go so far to say that the set the bar that none are yet to reach.

Richard Hammond really is a wee Dick. Can't put my finger on why I don't like him, but I don't. I like Clarkson because he doesn't give a toss. The other one is ok too. But that wee Hammond winds me up, over acting I think it's called!

That's easy. He thinks he is funny but simply isn't. He behaves like a teenager when he is way past it. The program deserves better and right now they are letting the film crew down who create some superb footage. In fact I'd go so far to say that the set the bar that none are yet to reach.

Agree mate, I enjoy some of there antics but I would like to find out more about the actual cars. I think they need proper drivers hosting. A mix of both top gear and fifth gear would suit me fine, but without that wee nob Hammond and that bird Butler-Henderson. She thinks she's a bit tidy but she's a pig and that high pitch laugh she does snaps me!

Got tickets to the filming on wednesday im stoked :p

how did you get them?

applying with a ticket site there a list of about 600,000 request and they get picked at random

and regarding what people have said about 1st half 2nd half i found the pagani bit a yawn fest, the rally stage was meh aswell would rather watch the latest sti or something give it agot to prove its roots not something that could be mistake for the titanic driving on some dirt, maybe becuase i have less than no intrestin bentleys posh rebadge skodas

http://www.applauses...p?id=1475&bid=5

Edited by StevoD