Games Consoles

smudgedon

^^ the ONLY true arcade for the home :teeth:

huge cartridges (non of the conversion rubbish, arcade PCB's inside each cartridge) with huge 4 button controlllers.

again never owned one but have used one at the local console shop that is sadly long gone, they had all the imported stuff, paid £65 for a imported snes version of street fighter 2 when it was first out, ah those were the days :)

Still own 3x SNES (one for each region), 2x DC (one UK and one JAP), 4x 360 (only one of which works), 1x Saturn, 1x N64, 1x GC, 1x Lynx, 1x PS2, 1x PS3, 1x DS and 1x Wii.

Have had pretty much everything else, numerous original Gameboys and then the colour + SP ones, MS, MD, GG, PS1, A500 and CPC6128 if we're including computers. Never quite got around to a NG or even a 3DO. At the height of the grey import I think I paid over £100 for a JAP copy of SSFII on the SNES the week it came out and nearly that on Secret Of Mana, both immense games.

I only ever play the 360 these days, and very rarely the Wii for the VC which saves me digging one of my SNESes out to play SMK or SMW again. Did dig out the N64 the other month to play Goldeneye, that was quite good fun. :)

I think the only consoles i've never personally owned were a NES, a Saturn, and a 3DO. And thats cos my friends had those.

I sold the majority of my collection years ago but still have my N64. I think the SNES and N64 have been my favourites. And yes - Goldeneye is undoubtedly the greatest game ever. I played it on 3 player on Stack, License to Kill with Automatics mostly.

Nowadays though i go down the emulation route for my retro needs... hence the arcade machine which i built myself from scratch about 4 years ago. I play it every now and then but it mostly serves to entertain my nieces and nephews when they visit.

arcade_zps019ea40e.jpg

I used to be mad into computer and video games - I remember paying silly money to import the PS1 and Sega Saturn when they were released in Japan. As I've got older I wished I kept all of the old stuff going back to the days of the ZX Spectrum but I've always sold stuff on. Don't seem to have much time for games but when I do I find myself mostly playing retro stuff on the PC or Ipad. Currently playing Raiden Legacy on the 'Pad and GTAIII on the PC. The ICade for the the Ipad is brilliant if you like older games.

For anyone whose into older games I'd recommend a magazine called Retro Gamer - it's a great nostalgia trip. And check out the games of Jeff Minter on IOS - he makes crazy old style games featuring all sorts of weird animals e.g.

When I was about 9 years old. My dad gave my brother and I a Sega megadrive for Christmas. Got about 10 games with it too. Then he took it back about two weeks later as he'd only rented it for the holidays. Only allowed games during the holidays :cry:

That made me laugh so much :lol:

Thanx. One of my worst Christmas presents ever!

My worst memory was sitting typing in a program from C&VG for a whole day, debugging it then as I saved it on my datasette on my commodore 64 my mum came in and switched the power off as my tea was ready :angry:

Oh yeah - I remember the type-in games they used to put in magazines - took ages and if you make one tiny mistake they didn't work!

My worst memory was sitting typing in a program from C&VG for a whole day, debugging it then as I saved it on my datasette on my commodore 64 my mum came in and switched the power off as my tea was ready :angry:

Hope you slapped her!

• 1 month later...