Not bad for a courtesy car...

TheMacDaddy

Picked up this little blue number last night from Marshall Nissan in Cambridge while my baby is in for her P3 and clutch fix.

Notes so far over mine.

Pros:

- Gearbox and clutch actually work in harmony...

- New suspension setup is more civilised for day-to-day pootling

- Reversing camera is B)

Cons:

- Not sure I could live with the colour

- New suspension setup is a bit too soft, and steering feel seems a little number

- Driver's seat squeaks like there's an angry mouse trapped in it

- Stock exhaust is just totally uninspiring

But a damn sight better than a Micra!

Got me thinking, what's the worst (dis)courtesy car anyone's ever had?

IMG_0029.JPG

IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPG

Edited by TheMacDaddy

Worst? Easy, last gen Micra. Utterly deplorable piece of asthmatic crap that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I concur, although it was an Automatic Nissan Note that I had to suffer (same chassis and running gear).

Best was an MX-5 when the Mazda dealer wiped my RX8 ECU whilst reflashing (work I hadn't authorised them to do) it 2 days before a driving holiday to Scotland.

2012/2013 damper set up is better for the UK roads , I think the new dampers with a set of uprated roll bars would make an early 370 ride reasonable well.

Afraid your only get a Micra courtesy car @ Abbey but ours is diesel and does handle pretty impressively I feel...but your also get marmite on your toast....

2012/2013 damper set up is better for the UK roads , I think the new dampers with a set of uprated roll bars would make an early 370 ride reasonable well.

Afraid your only get a Micra courtesy car @ Abbey but ours is diesel and does handle pretty impressively I feel...but your also get marmite on your toast....

I have eibach ARB's on my 2010 and can confirm that they make the 370 feel very planted at high speed and stable when cornering fast even with oem dmapers, though i am upgrading to Teins soon.

Good luck with Marshall Nissan in Cambridge, i didnt have a good experience at all with last year when I took my 350z in for some work, nor when I went back to try and arrange a test drive in a brand spanking new Nissan Juke. Probably one of the worst dealerships ive been in.

Best courtesy car I had was a brand new 370z Roadster from Nissan Birmingham when I took my car there for some work. They litterally took the price out of the window and gave me the keys to it. Had every optoin ticked including paddle shift. Had it for 2 days whilst they worked on my car.

• Like 1

Good luck with Marshall Nissan in Cambridge, i didnt have a good experience at all with last year when I took my 350z in for some work, nor when I went back to try and arrange a test drive in a brand spanking new Nissan Juke. Probably one of the worst dealerships ive been in.

Best courtesy car I had was a brand new 370z Roadster from Nissan Birmingham when I took my car there for some work. They litterally took the price out of the window and gave me the keys to it. Had every optoin ticked including paddle shift. Had it for 2 days whilst they worked on my car.

Yeah I know what you mean. No major problems yet on my part but the customer service on the desk leaves a little to be desired it has to be said. Fingers crossed...

Yeah I know what you mean. No major problems yet on my part but the customer service on the desk leaves a little to be desired it has to be said. Fingers crossed...

Well when I dropped my 350z off, it was the receptionist who drove the car around the back to the workshop. I dont even let my missus drive my car and here was some 18 year old bird trying to find reverse on my car. That and their mechanic revving the hell out of my car in the workshop in front of his mates, not realising I was watching didnt create a good impression. Nor did them taking over an hour to do what was a 10 minute job.

Then when it came to sales, I spent about 20mins wandering about their showroom without any salesman being available The only guy there had just started and didnt know anything - so I left my number for them to call me when available to discuss buying a brand new Quashqai or Juke. No called back. I called them and left several messages... still no call back. Then about 4 days later I manage to get through to a salesman who said they didnt have any available for me to drive but would call me in a couple of days to sort it out. Still no call back... so they missed out on a new sale.