Rear Wiper Delete

TheMacDaddy

Well it's 2013 and the sun is shining so why not get out and clean the Z I thought.

Having had the boot lid trim off earlier in the week to remove the counterweight and apply the penny trick to stop the damned thing from taking two goes to open, while I was at it I thought I'd see what the car looked like without the rear wiper. I hardly use the thing and I found myself staring at it in a car park the other day and thinking that did ruin the look of the car from the back somewhat.

So a quick trip to Halfords to pick up a 25mm grommet, a little silicone and bam - job done. I've left the washer nozzle in place as I couldn't be bothered to mess about with it today, but if I stick with the change I'll probably get around to capping that off properly too.

Of course it would be even better without the grommet, but at least with a black car I don't have to worry too much about trying to paint the thing.

Thoughts? Better? Worse?

IMG_9517.JPG

IMG_9518.JPG

IMG_9521.JPG

Cheers guys!

It is a total doddle to do. Just remove the trim inside the boot (2 x 10mm bolts then loads of friction clips), unbolt and remove the wiper, unbolt the motor (3 x 10mm) and disconnect, tape up the cable to tidy, clean up the hole, grommet in with a bit of silicone. Took me 10 minutes and cost less than a fiver, and you can always just pop it back on if you feel like an undo.

+1 what diffuser is that on the back??

Evo-R diffuser:

http://www.evo-r.net...diff/index.html

Bit of a pig to fit as you can't easily clamp it while the silicone dries, unless of course you remove the whole rear bumper, so I ended up bracing it with a plank and a trolly jack for 24 hours while it cured. Did the trick!

Really pleased with the carbon bits on the black car. You can't really tell from a distance at all, so it's all quite stealthy.

Edited by TheMacDaddy

Why not get the dealer to fix the tail gate springs. :shrug: 10 plate must still be in warranty ?

I've had the uprated springs done under warranty and while it made thngs better, now we are back in colder weather it still sticks, so I will be doing the counter-weight removal (recent guide posred up) to cure it once and for all.

Quite sure that with the both the 350 and 370 Nissan failed to pre-test this problem in cold climates and the better fix would be a lighter counter-weight for colder climates.

Oh, and back on thread - I found the rear wiper on both the 350 and 370 too useful to discard.

• Like 1

Oh, and back on thread - I found the rear wiper on both the 350 and 370 too useful to discard.

Same here, I use mine a fair bit, does look better without it though...if only I lived in California :) .

Pete