Hello! And help!

MrLee

Hi all, I'm Lee and I'm looking at stepping up to a 350Z having owned an FTO for the past 7 years. I'm desperately trying to find a black GT with black leather interior and failing miserably, being located in the most south east part of the UK possible!

I went and test drove a black GT with orange leather today, fabulous car but this one had some niggles and I was hoping to get some advice. I checked all the usual bits (clunking from the rear, fogged up Xenons, rust on the sills/exhaust etc), but the following bits concerned me.

- There was a nasty grinding noise at full lock both ways, I worry that it's wheel bearings being shot?

- The Bose head unit seems to have something stuck in it as there was no way a CD was going in. Now unless I'm being utterly stupid and this wasn't actually a CD insert, that appears to be screwed.

- The sub behind the driver's seat did not appear to be working.

As I understand it, these Bose systems are a pig to replace/upgrade (or downgrade, depending how you look at it!).

Otherwise the car is clean, it's a '04 with I guess expected mileage of 89k. It's been serviced fairly regularly, but has been SORN for a while now. 6 previous owners, here it is in case there's any knowledge in the club:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201214461495623/sort/default/usedcars/colour/black/model/350_z/make/nissan/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/ct94df/radius/1500?logcode=p

The bloke that owns the garage is a complete tool which has put me on edge, he's offered to fix everything (albeit begrudgingly) and offered a 3 month warranty, and seeing as my FTO is pretty much dead I need a car sooner rather than later, but I don't want to buy a dog of a car.

Thanks and hope to own one of these brilliant cars very soon!

Hmmmm, seems a lot of money for a high miler with some niggles. The grinding would be a problem for me personally.

Is it that its just around the corner a big thing for you? Most people who buy Zeds quite happily travel a couple hundred miles for the right one. If you ask nicely, some members will look at a Zed for you if its local to them...

:wave:

grinding might be the banana bar, as for the bose its a Piece of crap as its just a rebranded clarion, easy to replace and rip out. but not so much if you go for a satnav version. personally avoid the satnav, as that's crap as well.

buyers market at the mo, so shop around

Hmmmm, seems a lot of money for a high miler with some niggles. The grinding would be a problem for me personally.

Is it that its just around the corner a big thing for you? Most people who buy Zeds quite happily travel a couple hundred miles for the right one. If you ask nicely, some members will look at a Zed for you if its local to them...

Nope, not a problem for the right car at all. I was in a bit of a situation with the FTO going a bit dodge, but I'm gonna patch her up until I can find the right Zed for sure. I'll keep that in mind about the members thing if I see one further up north. Thanks for the warm welcome though :)

Welcome to the forum. As everyone said don't rush because you will regret it. I rushed into buying a roadster and now have to spend a fortune getting a new top, varies parts fell apart soon after I hand over the cash and as 'usual' nothing was covered under warranty (when you want to claim it). Now just found the boot is leaking as well...

I found myself keep checking the oil level in case there is a problem with the engine, even after a few months I still do it. Took the fun out of the ownership...