Norovirus

JetSet

34 staff got it in the hospital I work in last year. If you are in vicinity of someone who is sick the chances are you will get it as the virus is aerosolised. If you manage to keep well clear of the spew and make sure you contstantly was hands and keep surfaces wiped down you can probably avoid.

34 staff got it in the hospital I work in last year. If you are in vicinity of someone who is sick the chances are you will get it as the virus is aerosolised. If you manage to keep well clear of the spew and make sure you contstantly was hands and keep surfaces wiped down you can probably avoid.

Also people who have it need to ensure that they close the toilet lid before flushing as the flush causes it to spray into the air. Alcohol hand cleaner is ineffective but normal hand soap will kill it.

Also people who have it need to ensure that they close the toilet lid before flushing as the flush causes it to spray into the air. Alcohol hand cleaner is ineffective but normal hand soap will kill it.

I've heard its not soap that kills it but the washing of your hands and friction "gets" it off.

I've heard its not soap that kills it but the washing of your hands and friction "gets" it off.

Yes, that's right. Alcohol sanitizers will not flush the germs away but soap and hot water will. Then you can pick up a fresh batch of the bacteria when you reach for the tap to shut it off followed by the door handle of the loo!

Edited by scubapics

Yes, that's right. Alcohol sanitizers will not flush the germs away but soap and hot water will. Then you can pick up a fresh batch of the bacteria when you reach for the tap to shut it off followed by the door handle of the loo!

Sorry I mentioned it now :surrender:

Pete

Hope Caroline is feeling better Pete.

See you in May. :p:lol:

Give her my love and tell her to blame Mrs Lamb. :lol:

Cheers Chris, The worst of it is over thankfully. Of the seven people we had here on XMas day five have gone down with it. Only myself and my daughter remain healthy (up to now). If Annie has had it then she has my full sympathy :surrender:

Pete