Price fixing

Z-monster

So... It strikes me, the only reason why TVRs don't tend to go for ugh less below 10k is because, people know their pleasure value, not economic and refuse to sell for less, which then becomes the respected market value.

Dare I say that whenever a zed comes up for sale, at least within the club, we could hold the value club members would be happy with? There are only a limited number of Zeds in the world and there must be people desperate to get hold of a good'un, what if we all didn't sell our Zeds for less than say, 8-9k, that would be the respected market value, much like now how a TR6 used to be about 3k a few years ago, and now they're approx 10k

Thoughts? *pokes bear that is the forum*

This has probably been discussed before, if so just dump me the thread....just peeved that an awesome car like this and the 370z drop like stones in value because of market forces and fashion. 350 is a total future classic, why can't it be now?

I agree...

Isn't part of the appeal being you (I) got a hell of a lot of car for my £7000.

It's hard to force an economic trait within such small parameters as a forum when it's so easy to go elsewhere for a bargain.

but perhaps it's worth trying long term. Once the 2nd hand dealers have have cottoned on that they can make a tidy profit, and more members start doing it, it'll become the norm.

I agree "excellent value" for £7k, but is it only worth £7k to you?

Its a Nissan, there are lots of them, and people pay what's its worth, not what a forum dictates. You can price it for 30k if you like, but there are so many not on the club, that people will just buy else where.

TVR are a rarer brand, carry more prestige, no longer exisit, are more exotic and collectable. the down side of jap cars is they built them in vast numbers, and at a cheaper price than competitors. great when they are new, but you have to wait a hell of a lot longer for them to become collectable and go up in price.

look at the 240Z as possibly your best example of what islikely to happen to the 350, and that will give you a good time line.

Its a Nissan, there are lots of them, and people pay what's its worth, not what a forum dictates. You can price it for 30k if you like, but there are so many not on the club, that people will just buy else where.

TVR are a rarer brand, carry more prestige, no longer exisit, are more exotic and collectable. the down side of jap cars is they built them in vast numbers, and at a cheaper price than competitors. great when they are new, but you have to wait a hell of a lot longer for them to become collectable and go up in price.

look at the 240Z as possibly your best example of what islikely to happen to the 350, and that will give you a good time line.

Disagree personally look at the 200sx. About 7-8 years ago 1-2k would buy you a minter. Now minimum is about 3k for a rough one. But they are in demand. Same with e36 325i's and 328i as more and more people realise they are cheap the price will go up as there is only a limited supply, Nissan or not.

r32 club try tp do this to an extent, lots of sales threads will people looking at buying and saying, that's well over priced; and the club reply alwys seems o be that's what they're worth. and what tends to happen is most people tell the owners to jog on. I know because I did. as its just a bloody golf lol.

You need a sample of circa 50 or less cars to be even able to think you could do this.

I considered a Sagaris a year or so ago when they were £35k, but now they are over £50k, but only because the market is tiny.

If this site was the only place to buy a 350z then you could do it, but it's not. Its a mass produced car.......therefore there are hundreds for sale at any given time.

There are still quite a few 350 Zed's around. According to the "How many left" site there are some 5,700 taxed and another 200 or so with SORN. It's difficult to know the true figure as the same site lists another couple of thousand from 2006 onwards. You also need to add to that 160 or so GT4's . Now then to illustrate the rarity value someone on here recently had a GT4 up for sale at £13k...it had 3 times the mileage of my 55 reg, was older and had lots of previous owners yet the best I could expect for mine would be in the £9k mark.

Anyway, the Zed won't go up in value until the numbers drop substantially, less than say 200. How long this'll be is hard to know, the cars are pretty sturdy and not that prone to rust. As they become more affordable I'd expect a higher attrition rate as boy racers get their hands on them but I can't really see numbers dropping below a couple of thousand until the end of this decade.

Pete

Unfortunately and as we all know it has been a buyers market for a long time.

As more people find themselves out of work or circumstances change we tend to look for assets to sell.

So its the car we dont really need or use that usually is the 1st to go.

Although it would be great if we could hold down prices in reality it will and can never happen.

When I lived in kings langley 2 years ago there was a guy living opposite my boat who imports Zeds for a living.

Cheap as chips he said.

So unless you can pursuade the Japanese to up there sale prices there is no hope what so ever!

• Like 1

What a bizarre thread (seconded Sarnie) and utterly ridiculous, sorry to be blunt but it is.

Buyers will always have an element of power in any purchase decision, as ultimately they can say NO.

Yes in 20 years time a 350z might be worth more than £10k as there will be only a handful left, but that is not price fixing, that is a function of reduced supply and an assumed level of high demand from buyers. Unfortunately something you have to wait for rather than thinking you can dictate it via a forum.

Disagree personally look at the 200sx. About 7-8 years ago 1-2k would buy you a minter. Now minimum is about 3k for a rough one. But they are in demand. Same with e36 325i's and 328i as more and more people realise they are cheap the price will go up as there is only a limited supply, Nissan or not.

i'd disagree with you on that as well. the 200sx was an import only so numbers are always going to be limited. the 240 was sold over here originally, hence a more accurate example. and sold in similar numbers.