Bit floody out there!

AK350Z

Saw all the flooding on the news. Hope you lot all have water wings. :console:

Dont worry Immy, this is Great Britain there will be a hosepipe ban come next April (Feb, March and April are now typically our driest months), then May will see the start of the remainder of the year monsoon season again! :lol:

That bloke that died under the bridge was a grade A idiot. There's a massive flood condition in your area, you can't have failed to miss this as even if you didn't see the news then you'd have seen all the rain, and then he decides to go and drive through a ford?!?! That's just utter stupidity, and whilst I feel for his family and friends I have no sympathy for him at all.

Hope no-one on here gets affected by it too much, and please don't be like the guy above and stay safe :)

I have a hell of a lot of sympathy for his family and friends, but for him? Come on, it's basic common sense not to try and cross a flooding ford in any kind of vehicle unless it's life and death.

Vs.

Gawd, I've only had the thing a month. Today my road was blocked by maybe a foot, maybe less of water, I've driven through double that in the Supra with no trouble, but I stopped in this.

I think I hesitated and backed off while entering into the water. The engine stopped but not with a massive bang that I might have expected if I'd hydro locked it. It wasn't high enough to get over the door cill but I had to step out and push it backwards out of the water and wait for the RAC, who I had to pay as they don't do stupidity clauses.

The air inlet iw way above, but the fan churning must have chucked water up inside. There was a small amount of water in the filter box, but none running back out the intake pipe. The oil on the dipstick seemed ok, but there might have been some spots of water on the dipstick.

I'm praying to the god I don't even believe in that I haven't borked it totally. Its in a the local garage getting checked over.

:lol:

That bloke that died under the bridge was a grade A idiot. There's a massive flood condition in your area, you can't have failed to miss this as even if you didn't see the news then you'd have seen all the rain, and then he decides to go and drive through a ford?!?! That's just utter stupidity, and whilst I feel for his family and friends I have no sympathy for him at all.

Hope no-one on here gets affected by it too much, and please don't be like the guy above and stay safe :)

I noticed he was driving a 4WD, the main problem is that these make the owners feel invincible and they take crazy chances. There was a similar accident yesterday in Wales involving a woman driver getting swept away in a Chelsea Tractor, she was very lucky to survive. Its the same in snow too, I've seen numerous 4WD's that have finished up in ditches.

Pete