Unimpressed with Tesco!!

Stretch

I have no idea, its not a rational choice, but it is round the corner, but then the tesco is on the other side of the road. sainsbury is a bit of a hike. I think its because i remember reading somewhere they put better additives in, but this could be just in my head.

funny thing is i don;t even need super, my car is tuned to good old 95 ron. and the premium doesnt seem to increase the miles gained either. but i shall try this out now i actually have the MAF and fule managment system working properly, i had been running rich so it was drinking it like a b1tch regardless of what i put in.

at the end of the day where ever you go its all the same fuel. there are only something like 6 fuel distribution centres in the UK and all UK fuel suppliers get their fuel from them. the difference being what additives they add in once its in the tanker.

Well they are Ferrari's no 1 choice! And we all know how much I love them!

doesn;t mean they use it. i know for a fact that some of the old race teams used to be sponsored by people like castrol, stickers all over the car etc; but if you actually looked in the oil sump, you'd find that most were running mobil 1, regardless of what the stickers on the outside say.

plus being a ferrari owner doesn;t get you a discount at shell either.

and i'f pretty certain there is no sticker saying, only fill with shell.

it just happens to be that shell gave ferrari a big advertsing cheque and told them to tell everyone that its their fuel of choice.

doesn;t mean they use it. i know for a fact that some of the old race teams used to be sponsored by people like castrol, stickers all over the car etc; but if you actually looked in the oil sump, you'd find that most were running mobil 1, regardless of what the stickers on the outside say.

it just happens to be that shell gave ferrari a big advertsing cheque and told them to tell everyone that its their fuel of choice.

What about the claims that the furl has been partially developed by Ferrari, due to their input? Real or fake? Because that would be a seriously big lie which could damage both companies.

I have no idea, its not a rational choice, but it is round the corner, but then the tesco is on the other side of the road. sainsbury is a bit of a hike. I think its because i remember reading somewhere they put better additives in, but this could be just in my head.

funny thing is i don;t even need super, my car is tuned to good old 95 ron. and the premium doesnt seem to increase the miles gained either. but i shall try this out now i actually have the MAF and fule managment system working properly, i had been running rich so it was drinking it like a b1tch regardless of what i put in.

at the end of the day where ever you go its all the same fuel. there are only something like 6 fuel distribution centres in the UK and all UK fuel suppliers get their fuel from them. the difference being what additives they add in once its in the tanker.

Thats fair enough. I liked to use it in my 172 for some reason too. Also its only a few p more than 95ron so thats handy too.

I think alot of it is placebo as I'm sure my car runs better on v power than 99ron. Does it really? Probably not but shell is more expensive so maybe thats it. It was like they compared alot of waxes on DW and they said that most are similar but the higher price ones make you feel like your treating your car and I get that.

What about the claims that the furl has been partially developed by Ferrari, due to their input? Real or fake? Because that would be a seriously big lie which could damage both companies.

Its probably true. They might of used an engine or something like that but Ferrari makes cars and Shell makes fuel. I think Shell could make a better fuel than rari and I think Rari makes better cars then Shell could.

Could have been tested or mapped on ferraris or the likes.

it makes no claims to how much input they have, it could just be a bloke turns up at shell sniffs the fuel and says "yep that smells good enough for ferrari"

you may well be right and they tested it with ferrari engines. but the point i'm getting at is don't be sucked in by advertising. what they say and waht they do are very often 2 very different things.

Thats fair enough. I liked to use it in my 172 for some reason too. Also its only a few p more than 95ron so thats handy too.

I think alot of it is placebo as I'm sure my car runs better on v power than 99ron. Does it really? Probably not but shell is more expensive so maybe thats it. It was like they compared alot of waxes on DW and they said that most are similar but the higher price ones make you feel like your treating your car and I get that.

i used to use the BP special diesel and got better miles on my 500 mile weekly commute compared to when i used shells special diesel.

like you say its most likely a placebo thing.

it makes no claims to how much input they have, it could just be a bloke turns up at shell sniffs the fuel and says "yep that smells good enough for ferrari"

you may well be right and they tested it with ferrari engines. but the point i'm getting at is don't be sucked in by advertising. what they say and waht they do are very often 2 very different things.

I know, but I can't be completely sceptical about everything, otherwise I'd have a very boring life.

On the whole Ferrari/Shell thing, it'll be down to how much money Shell were prepared to pay Ferrari to have their name associated. nothing more. Ferrari would've put the fuel in their cars, made sure they didn't blow up, and then sat back and watched the millions roll in. It's exactly the same as Porsche do with Mobil and their oil at the moment: As long as it's not going to do any harm, then for the amount of money involved they'll quite happily endorse it. Rich is absolutely spot-on here.

It doesn't equate it was just a point. It should nave been fixed promptly surely that is obvious. As you say the private sector exists by making a profit, the petrol pump is there to do so and having it unusable loses money.

Are you aware of just how little profit a garage makes from the petrol? It will generally cost more to fix a single pump than they'll lose in revenue over a month.

It doesn't equate it was just a point. It should nave been fixed promptly surely that is obvious. As you say the private sector exists by making a profit, the petrol pump is there to do so and having it unusable loses money.

Are you aware of just how little profit a garage makes from the petrol? It will generally cost more to fix a single pump than they'll lose in revenue over a month.

supermarkets make a bit more profit than a privately owned station though.

For me I use v-power as my new ecu was mapped on it and does not like anything less than 99. V-power is probably the cheapest 99ron fuel up here anyway so I'm happy to bash in with that. The closest tesco is miles away and bp and esso only provide 97ron

The cost of repairing the pump will have to be met whether it takes a day or five weeks, surely it would be in the best interest of the garage to action it as quickly as possible to minimise lost revenue.

Why don't you get a job at tesco then????? Sounds like you'd whip them into shape.....

Could it be a case of supply vs demand at the station you use? Maybe 99 isn't that popular so the distributors send the fuel to the stations that use a lot of it.

Sure, you're unhappy but perhaps there is a whole town not too far away that is delighted that their supply hasn't stopped....

Could it be a case of supply vs demand at the station you use? Maybe 99 isn't that popular so the distributors send the fuel to the stations that use a lot of it.

I think this might be the case, there's two tesco petrol stations only 5 miles apart round here, one pretty much always has 99, the other one hardly ever (the one I drive past every day to work unfortunately!)

And I've had the Burger King running out of burgers too. One job!! Haha

Is the Zed alrite on 97 RON? Is that still "super unleaded". Shell V-Power used so far, but if I needed to I'd use any Tesco, BP etc super...

Almost had my first ...'near empty, petrol station closed & NO SUPER' moment the other day :scare: but they reopened later with plenty of VPOWER MMMM lol

Edited by AMT250

Well all you lucky people with access to the Shell V Power juice, for the last few years the town of Rugby (population @ 75k) hasn't evev had a bloody Shell garage, and like buses, 2 come at once. Our only choice has been the Tesco 99ron or run it on BP 97ron and lob in some octane booster just to be sure to be sure. So looking forard to the next couple of weeks when i'll have a choice. Ain't life just great sometimes. :teeth:

Is the Zed alrite on 97 RON? Is that still "super unleaded". Shell V-Power used so far, but if I needed to I'd use any Tesco, BP etc super...

Almost had my first ...'near empty, petrol station closed & NO SUPER' moment the other day :scare: but they reopened later with plenty of VPOWER MMMM lol

My Zed has gone from 68k to 108k on 97ron Sainsburys Super.... absolutely no problems whatsoever :thumbs:

Well all you lucky people with access to the Shell V Power juice, for the last few years the town of Rugby (population @ 75k) hasn't evev had a bloody Shell garage, and like buses, 2 come at once. Our only choice has been the Tesco 99ron or run it on BP 97ron and lob in some octane booster just to be sure to be sure. So looking forard to the next couple of weeks when i'll have a choice. Ain't life just great sometimes. :teeth:

You don't need octane booster with 97 Ron....

The manual says 98 Ron but....

1 Ron is ok -

ronniecorbett_1_396x222.jpg

More than one Ron not so good....

hale%20&%20pace.jpg