Didn't people realise what they were buying ?

BOINC UK

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like I always arrive late for the party! :)

Don't know why people in general compare Evo's to Zeds. IMO, Evo's are cheap, crappy cars with little engines and lots of lag. Yes they corner very well, but do take some of the fun out of driving. Plus I hate the short rally gearbox ratio's that mean you need to change gear 3 times before you reach the next traffic light. I don't like the way they sound either. Plus most owners I have met are boy racers. I know a few people with ones that are very highly modded... and they just keep breaking over and over... Don't get me started on the scooby's! lol

My zed on the other hand is fairly reliable and robust, sounds like an exotic (better then 99% of cars on the road), it goes like the clappers and is great for long distances as well as track work. An average Evo you see on the road will be faster then the average zed, but it just doesn't compete as a GT car.

Skylines and Supra's are much better built cars compared to Evo's and Scoobs, I'd much prefer one of these. I've driven them all at quite some length.

The zed is an amazing car for the money and with forced induction can be even better!! - I would even say is a 911 competitor!!

An Evo will always just be a compromised piece of turd for wannabe rally drivers. - Its place should remain on the gravel, not the road.

Edited by wizard

WOW, i shouldn;t but i will, heres me biting

Evo's are cheap, have you seen the price of zeds? its not like they are bank breakers

crappy cars with little engines and lots of lag. seem to be able to tune the crap out of them for not alot of cash

I don't like the way they sound either. stock zed exhaust is pretty non plus

Plus most owners I have met are boy racers. have you seen some of the owners on here?

zed sounds like an exotic (better then 99% of cars on the road), really?

it goes like the clappers really? performance is on par with most hot hatches these days unless your boosted of course

is great for long distances as well as track work. yes great GT car, but for track work it actually needs a bit of work to sort its weight problem out.

Evo's just doesn't compete as a GT car. thats becuase they aren;t a GT car

Skylines and Supra's are much better built cars compared to Evo's and Scoobs, build quality is about on par as is the quality of plastics

The zed is an amazing car for the money and with forced induction can be even better!! - I would even say is a 911 competitor!! subjective

An Evo will always just be a compromised piece of turd for wannabe rally drivers. the zeds just a compromised piece of turd for wannabe porsche/ferrari/lambo etc etc drivers thats one hell of a sweeping statement and carries about as much weight as what i just said in reply. i'd say on track a scooby or evo is a far more competant drive.

Hmmmm guess I'm going to be popular then! lol

After owning the 350Z for a while I've been quite disappointed..... prior to it I had a Ford Focus ST3 and I've got to admit I had more fun in that than ever the 350Z - in fact it had more power (I know power isn't everything) but I feel the 3.5 lump is just that - a lump. It doesn't feel as alive as my ST which really surprised me.

That said, I've always wanted a 350z as they are in my opinion one of the most gorgeous cars around (and still are!) and one of my dream cars (S2000 and 997 are top on the list as well, but with thr S2000 being a soft top and to me it feels old its put me offi till they get real cheap ;)). All my friends and family have commented that it's a far more grown up and elegant car - the amount of looks you get and thumbs up for approval is interesting....

I'm actually looking into a few other cars to see if it's me or the car - and yes the Evo 8/9 is at the top of the list along with a 370z and Cayman S. Also looking at forced options to see if that will cheer me up....

I'll go hide now.....

Edited by Madhatter

S2000 and 997 are top on the list as well, but S2000 is a soft top and old so has put me off till they get real cheap ;)). A

umm they are pretty identical in manufacturing year to the zed, they were 99 to 2008; zed was 2003 to 2009

and have you seen the price of them, they go for the same cash as the zed , and some of the 99's go for under under 5k if not less. they are cheap as chips now.

I've not driven an S2K a whole lot, but I'd still say at 10/10ths it's more fun than the Zed. I'd still prefer the Nissan though as its a much more rounded package, and I prefer the sound of a V6 to the screaming 4-pot.

it is on the track the better car, but as you say the zed is a better all rounder. i found the S2k fine if your on your own, but fill the passenger seat and have the roof up it can be a bit claustrophobic.

WOW, i shouldn;t but i will, heres me biting

Evo's are cheap, have you seen the price of zeds? its not like they are bank breakers

crappy cars with little engines and lots of lag. seem to be able to tune the crap out of them for not alot of cash

I don't like the way they sound either. stock zed exhaust is pretty non plus

Plus most owners I have met are boy racers. have you seen some of the owners on here?

zed sounds like an exotic (better then 99% of cars on the road), really?

it goes like the clappers really? performance is on par with most hot hatches these days unless your boosted of course

is great for long distances as well as track work. yes great GT car, but for track work it actually needs a bit of work to sort its weight problem out.

Evo's just doesn't compete as a GT car. thats becuase they aren;t a GT car

Skylines and Supra's are much better built cars compared to Evo's and Scoobs, build quality is about on par as is the quality of plastics

The zed is an amazing car for the money and with forced induction can be even better!! - I would even say is a 911 competitor!! subjective

An Evo will always just be a compromised piece of turd for wannabe rally drivers. the zeds just a compromised piece of turd for wannabe porsche/ferrari/lambo etc etc drivers thats one hell of a sweeping statement and carries about as much weight as what i just said in reply. i'd say on track a scooby or evo is a far more competant drive.

:clap: +1