Didn't people realise what they were buying ?

BOINC UK

Fair enough I'm new to the purchase, but I've been in plenty of 'fast' cars from friends and others. But on a day to day basis... is someone telling me that 309bhp (ive a 58 so.. lol) is NOT enough power?... Unless you get some sooped' up boy racer or something really special up next to you... nothing really gets near it.

I think sometimes people 'forget' what there driving and just how 'unatainable' a car like this can be to people. The power isn't overwhelming, its a nice constant shove, I won't say I'm 'used to it' as I've only had it for a week but I don't go out and crap myself every morning. Point is, I still won't turn round to someone and go... yeah its not that fast... its 309BHP and 5.7 secs to 60, will likely do 160.... !! Took me a while to get there and I'm so glad I've got it and I won't forget how lucky I am to have such a nice car with this much power. Others should not forget either..or remind themselves :)

So I must admit I do agree (although a bit random the post lol) about people coming on and saying... aww this isn't as fast as... It looks good , it IS fast, end. lol :bounce:

Edited by AMT250

I think sometimes people 'forget' what there driving and just how 'unatainable' a car like this can be to people.

Good point, the Zed would easily compare to supercars of the late 60's, early 70's when the best affordable sports car you aspire to was a 96bhp GT6 or MGB GT (or if you were really well off a Triumph TR6). Even in the early 80's the working man's supercar of the time the Capri 2.8i only packed 160bhp and that felt pretty quick to me.

Pete

• Like 1

Thank you lol B) Yeah its a pretty special car. As I've said in another thread... Type-Rs, ST's etc...they all look at you... I don't find myself looking at civics, scoobys etc... well maybe to think.... that exhaust looks ridiculous :lol:

Before buying the zed a few weeks ago, I had short listed to the 350 , evo x and Subaru sti my08 ...l

Both the evo and scooby cost a lot more to run, more to insure, worse again on petrol. The scooby has engine issues, the evo has an even cheaper interior and 12mpg potential. The Zed is at least fundamentally reliable with scope to be comparatively economical to run...

Both evo and sti would be faster day to day , especially if driven by a pro... But there is a misconception that 4wd means easy to drive fast. The Scoobarishis can both bite, hard...

I chose the 350z because it is a handsome car, without the stigma attached to it that the other two have.. A friend in his evo would have everyone try and race him everywhere .

No regrets buying a zed at all. Did plump for the 309bhp model so power to weight is also similar to the other two.

@AMT250 the zed is great for people to pub number quote. its got a V6 its got 309 bhp it does 0-60 in 5.7 sec etc etc. these are the factory figures. but you'd be hard put to actually get it to do a 0-60 in 5.7 its more like a dead on 6. you'd need to be a pro racer with a perfect gear change to get the acclaimed 5.7 sec.

what your also have to consider is the more real world facts that mean more like power to weight ratio. for instance the zed has about 180 bhp per ton as she's a heavy car. then compare it to say an old shape civic type R at just over 1.2 ton has 167 bhp per ton, thats just a difference of 13 bhp between the 2 cars, which is not alot. and why many owners have been suprised when they've kept up. do the states again for an early zed and its bhp per ton is 173 only a 6 bhp difference. thats just 1 car. then take into account some of the faster hot hatches.which are turbo'd etc, the difference becomes not alot.

now what the zed has over alot of these hot hatches is style, rear wheel drive, great poise and balance, the V6 gives great 60-100 acceleration, in gear torque. comfort and something that hasn't been an upgraded shopping cart with some new shiney bits and a better exhaust.

the zed is a great car, and a brilliant starting place for those moving from FWD to RWD its a very forgiving car in that respect; and while its weight is a disadvantage for some, its an advantage for others.

the cars V6 is its advantage and disadvantage. its power delivery is very linear, which is deceptive. you don;t feel like your going that fast or getting to the correct speed that quickly, but actually it does it very well. its this deceptiveness that i think leads to disappointment for some people, it takes some of the thrill/drama out of the acceleration.

people should love the car for what it is. a great japanese GT car with curvacious styling and something you'd want to be seen in.

I never look at an Eco or scoobie and wish it was me driving it, but I have had several scoobie drivers stare in admiration of the zed

DISCLAIMER THIS ISN'T INTENDED TO OFFEND ANYONE

Does anyone else look at evo and scoobys and immediately think drug dealer for newer models and council estate warrior for older ones?

I respect them for their engineering but they've got a pisspoor image.

• Like 2

i have a soft spot for evo's, my mate has a scooby and i love the sound of the flat four. and if i was to ever take up amatuer rallying the evo would be at the top of the list. but i'd never own one as a daily driver. the interiors are even more plastic than the zed, and as a place to be everyday its the biggest let down. take all the spoilers and bodykits off an evo or scooby and you have a very dull looking japanese saloon. especially the old scooby's they look like old hyundai lantra's

I never look at an Eco or scoobie and wish it was me driving it, but I have had several scoobie drivers stare in admiration of the zed

Does anyone else look at evo and scoobys and immediately think drug dealer for newer models and council estate warrior for older ones?

:lol: ......

Pete

Yeah ok... was only trying to point out the Zed shouldn't dissapoint anyone... pee'd all over my bonfire didn't ya! :lol: lol haha.

Anyway, onto Evo's and Scoobys. You've got to respect what they can do and what they can do is nuke most stuff lol. But..and its a big one...there not that good looking (EVo X is alright!) but inside I've seen better public toilets I'd rather sit in lol. Zed has some plastic but its all nice shapes, transmission tunnel to lean on, dials facing you... it still feels special, low.... Imprezas feel like you've stepped back in time lol.Type'Rs look like a van with windows unless its the new one which is a bit...bubble shaped (I almost bought one lol), Focus ST's...horrid interior, its a focus... Z4... short back and sides m8? :lol: , Chrysler Crossfire.... :scare: ... Audi TT... I'd only ever buy one thats reasonably affordable... the TT-S. But still... I looked long and hard before I got mine, went back and forth between it and hatchbacks and I'm glad to say... I kept to my senses! Zeditis... oh yes lol :)

I didn't just mess about here posting nonsense in a Hyundai (sorry 'Hoover') Coupe for nothing you know!! lol

Edited by AMT250

Yeah ok... was only trying to point out the Zed shouldn't dissapoint anyone... pee'd all over my bonfire didn't ya! :lol: lol haha.

Anyway, onto Evo's and Scoobys. You've got to respect what they can do and what they can do is nuke most stuff lol. But..and its a big one...there not that good looking (EVo X is alright!) but inside I've seen better public toilets I'd rather sit in lol. Zed has some plastic but its all nice shapes, transmission tunnel to lean on, dials facing you... it still feels special, low.... Imprezas feel like you've stepped back in time lol.Type'Rs look like a van with windows unless its the new one which is a bit...bubble shaped (I almost bought one lol), Focus ST's...horrid interior, its a focus... Z4... short back and sides m8? :lol: , Chrysler Crossfire.... :scare: ... Audi TT... I'd only ever buy one thats reasonably affordable... the TT-S. But still... I looked long and hard before I got mine, went back and forth between it and hatchbacks and I'm glad to say... I kept to my senses! Zeditis... oh yes lol :)

I didn't just mess about here posting nonsense in a Hyundai (sorry 'Hoover') Coupe for nothing you know!! lol

Rich well hates the zed mate don't listen to him........or better still threaten his car with a match (it's made of wood) :)

• Like 1

Rich well hates the zed mate don't listen to him........or better still threaten his car with a match (it's made of wood) :)

don't hate it, otherwise i wouldn't still be here; but i'm a realist,

its got alot better round here; this forum used to suffer majorly from zed tinted glasses. anyone visiting would have thought it to be the enzo owners club.

Hates it he does.

He only hangs around here because the jag owners club banned him after desecrating his engine bay with paint and carbon :teeth: lol

I'm a pioneer, and they love me, i have my own flat cap and everything. just saving up for the wippet.